Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received: 01-11-2010
File Transfer...
09-10-2012 (Ottawa)
Med's Done....
30-11-2011, x-ray delayed (pregnancy), redone on August 31, 2012
Be very careful of the timelines as CIC lists on their website, if you are relying on them for status issues.

We were very surprised to receive a phone call from CIC enquiring about my wife's Extension of Status application. Currently processing time is closer to 40 days for application submitted through their online application process - not 56 as listed on their website.

I'm worried now that her PR application was not submitted in time. If her extension of status application is refused, she is now two weeks out of status and will need an application for restoration of status.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
annabruce said:
Be very careful of the timelines as CIC lists on their website, if you are relying on them for status issues.

We were very surprised to receive a phone call from CIC enquiring about my wife's Extension of Status application. Currently processing time is closer to 40 days for application submitted through their online application process - not 56 as listed on their website.
So in your case are you saying that offline submission would have been better?

annabruce said:
I'm worried now that her PR application was not submitted in time. If her extension of status application is refused, she is now two weeks out of status and will need an application for restoration of status.
Hopefully refusal wont happen.

annabruce

Jan 15, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
09-10-2012 (Ottawa)
Med's Done....
No, I am saying that my attempt to use CIC regulations to our advantage, may have just backfired.

We weren't ready to submit her PR application when her original status expired. I therefore submitted an app for extension of status. In theory this should have placed her on implied status. As a result I thought I had another several weeks to submit her inland PR application + Open Work Permit app extending her implied status to AIP.

Unfortunately, they have begun processing the extension application before the now mailed PR package has arrived. OOPS! Please, everybody, cross all of your finger and toes, and pray with me that they give her her extension of status, otherwise she is now out of status.

A lesson for everybody: DON'T TRY TO OUTSMART THEIR SYSTEM. IT MAY BACKFIRE!

Offline can be better if you have time remaining on you temp status because it takes closer to 90 days to process the application.

By the way, my original post should say two days not two weeks out of status.

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
Did you pay the PR fees and include proof in your extension app?

matthewc

Jan 18, 2010
Grimsby, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland (CPC-Vegreville)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Well, if you're relying on slow processing times and implied status to do something, then of course you should submit by mail.

If you're dead set on applying inland, it doesn't matter too much if she ends up out of status. It's really not such a huge deal.

annabruce

Jan 15, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
09-10-2012 (Ottawa)
Med's Done....
Yes, Allison, I did. Here are my exact words.

This document contains both evidence of financial resources and evidence of my relationship with my Canadian husband, Bruce. We would like to live together in Ottawa, ON, while waiting for the results of my in-land permanent residence application under the spouse category. Neither one of us has children or other financial support responsibilities.

The following application fees have been paid: $75 extension of status fee, $75 sponsor application fee, $475 permanent residence application fee, $150 work permit fee. Total paid: $775. Please, see the receipt attached with this application. The in-land permanent residence application will be submitted in the next week together with an open-work permit application. I understand that the open work permit is awarded after acceptance in principle on the in-land permanent residence application.

Matthew, I submitted online because I had a faint hope that the online application would provide us with her Client Id. I wanted to match the Client Id on her extension app, open work permit app, and her in-land PR app. I was disappointed. No Client ID provided. However, by paying online, we do have a receipt of payment number that I am hoping can be used to look up her PR status later on. With any luck they'll match the Extension App and Inland PR app, anyhow.

annabruce

Jan 15, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
09-10-2012 (Ottawa)
Med's Done....
Everything worked out. Extension of temporary status awarded until Nov. 3, 2011.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
annabruce said:
Everything worked out. Extension of temporary status awarded until Nov. 3, 2011.
So you asked for a year and got it, well done.

annabruce

Jan 15, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
09-10-2012 (Ottawa)
Med's Done....
Actually, I asked for one year from the day her original status expired (Sept. 6th). They gave her one year from the day they completed processing the application on Nov. 3/10.

1. Inland application + work permit application submitted. Inland App not yet registered in their system when extension processed.
2. Inland + work + extension fees all paid in advance online.
3. Provided proof of fees paid, income and relationship.
4. Provided proof that she honored the original plan that got her the visa in the first place.
(visit me for one week in March. return to the USA to complete her degree. reentering in August was NOT mentioned in the visa application. we walked across the border together on August 1st. )

*** NOTE ***

Contrary to what I had hoped, when you require a visa to enter Canada, if you are on a single entry visa entering from the USA, you may enter and enter again multiple times so long as you limit your travel to between Canada and the USA. However, your six months of allowed visit time begins on the day of your FIRST entry, NOT on the day of your last entry.

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
If the demand hasn't been processed in time, can't she stay under "implied status"?