+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Be aware of anti-immigrant "fiction" stories

Halifax-Maple

Star Member
Jul 19, 2009
Good morning everyone,

First, I wish all (the genuine couples) every success and happiness in life.
Please remember; this is a public forum. Anyone can just jump in, make a "fiction" story and start a thread. It can be a matter of loneliness, frustration etc etc but in most cases it is not as simple as that. There are still some organizations in Canada with members who hold anti-immigration sentiment. Some of them come forward to answer genuine questions and pretend the help while indeed they work for the opposite. Just google websites of: marriage fraud.....immigrationwatch..etc. We must be on guard and use our discretion and instinct before we waste our valuable time with those who have no life but to sneak around and create stories which can damage the genuine image of immigrants. Canada is a muticultural country that I am so proud of.

I hate to admit this, but felt that this thread (link below) was not genuine from day 1. I have been watching........

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/wife-arrived-in-canada-13-of-september-divorced-proccedings-t27499.0.html

whoopi83

Aug 17, 2009
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no proof to say whether it's genuine or not but the point worth noting here is that many members took the time to give sound and accurate advice therefore, it may serve someone else's needs in the future.

I'm not even sure that people posting fictitious scenarios does any real damage because the forum members are all jolly decent chaps and chapesses* and will give advice which does not condone or encourage illegality and answers questions nonetheless.

* I don't really talk like that... :)