+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BCPNP tech pilot Employer requirement (Employer paying monthly instead bi-weekly mistaknely)

Azp6680

Jul 22, 2017
Canada
Hello Everyone,

I am a BCPNP tech pilot applicant. my application is in process. Yesterday i got a call from BCPNP program advisor. She has asked me how are you getting paid is it monthly or weekly?? i replied as Monthly. She told me that your employer can not pay monthly. It has to be bi-weekly or weekly. Its the law and it can be negative impact on your application. after the call i emailed to my employer. and I spoke to my employer he said that he thought it can be Bi-weekly or monthly. he didn't know about this law as he was working as manager for different company and was getting paid monthly so he was following same in his own company.

after some research he found that employer can pay wages monthly only if the employees are on salary basis. so from now on salary will be paid bi-weekly.

my question is what shall i do? shall call program advisor and told this story? or shall i just wait and watch?

will appreciate your feedback or suggestion.

thank you all

Jass98

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I am a BCPNP tech pilot applicant. my application is in process. Yesterday i got a call from BCPNP program advisor. She has asked me how are you getting paid is it monthly or weekly?? i replied as Monthly. She told me that your employer can not pay monthly. It has to be bi-weekly or weekly. Its the law and it can be negative impact on your application. after the call i emailed to my employer. and I spoke to my employer he said that he thought it can be Bi-weekly or monthly. he didn't know about this law as he was working as manager for different company and was getting paid monthly so he was following same in his own company.

after some research he found that employer can pay wages monthly only if the employees are on salary basis. so from now on salary will be paid bi-weekly.

my question is what shall i do? shall call program advisor and told this story? or shall i just wait and watch?

will appreciate your feedback or suggestion.

thank you all
When you get 2-3 paystubs you can submit and tell them . I was also taking cheque on monthly basis but when i wanted to apply i found and friend told me i should get biweekly pay after i started

It can put negative impact because we claim salary points on weekly basis it differ also 4 weeks in a year 12 months multiply 4 48 weeks but if we count weeks there are 52 weeks

Good luck

Reactions: Azp6680

Azp6680

Jul 22, 2017
Canada
When you get 2-3 paystubs you can submit and tell them . I was also taking cheque on monthly basis but when i wanted to apply i found and friend told me i should get biweekly pay after i started

It can put negative impact because we claim salary points on weekly basis it differ also 4 weeks in a year 12 months multiply 4 48 weeks but if we count weeks there are 52 weeks

Good luck
Hi jass,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback.
I just called her(pnp office) she didn't pickup my call but I've left voice msg.
Hope she give me a chance to explain the situation.

Thanks again

beeceeyee

Jan 29, 2022
Hi jass,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback.
I just called her(pnp office) she didn't pickup my call but I've left voice msg.
Hope she give me a chance to explain the situation.

Thanks again

Hello Azp6680,

Have you heard back from the PNP office? I'm in a similar situation and any information would be of immense help.

Thank You