+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BCPNP Self Work Experience

Canadaahoy

Feb 15, 2024
Hi,

Can anyone help me with this?

I’m trying to find out if self-employment is counted in the 2 years work experience requirement?

I’m wishing to apply to the BCPNP under the childcare category (ECE). I have already had confirmation that my qualifications and experience allow me to be awarded certification in the province, but my work experience is mostly self-employed as I own my own childcare business.
Any help much appreciated.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

Can anyone help me with this?

I’m trying to find out if self-employment is counted in the 2 years work experience requirement?

I’m wishing to apply to the BCPNP under the childcare category (ECE). I have already had confirmation that my qualifications and experience allow me to be awarded certification in the province, but my work experience is mostly self-employed as I own my own childcare business.
Any help much appreciated.
Did you read the program guide? If no specifics about self employment then should not be an issue but would need proof of employment (business registration, contracts with parents, receipts) that you did the NOC and were just not a business owner. Your employer is fine with self employment and verified your references?