+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BCPNP Questions

YouthTree

Jul 4, 2018
Can I apply if I'm not living in Canada? And how do they check past work experience? Is it the same as express entry, a supporting letter stating noc duties, pay etc? Does the past experience have to be in the same skilled noc or can it be a level below the skilled in the same industry?

Thanks!

YouthTree

Jul 4, 2018
Anyone? It's hard finding a checklist, there's so many routes. Mine would be skilled as restaurant manager. I already have top language results, one year of post secondary education, and a medical. How do I prove two years of skilled work?

BC-PNP

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Can I apply if I'm not living in Canada? And how do they check past work experience? Is it the same as express entry, a supporting letter stating noc duties, pay etc? Does the past experience have to be in the same skilled noc or can it be a level below the skilled in the same industry?

Thanks!
>> Can I apply if I'm not living in Canada?

Yes. You can apply in Skilled worker.

To qualify for this category, you must:
  • have accepted a full-time, indeterminate job offer (a permanent job, or one with no set end date) from a B.C. employer. The job must be in a National Occupational Classification (NOC) skilled occupation (Skill Type 0 or Skill Level A or B).
  • be qualified to perform the duties of the job
  • have at least two (2) years of directly related work experience
  • show you can support yourself and your dependents
  • have, or be eligible for, legal immigration status in Canada
  • for NOC skill level B occupations, meet minimum language requirements
  • have a wage offer in line with B.C. wage rates for the occupation
>> And how do they check past work experience? Is it the same as express entry, a supporting letter stating noc duties, pay etc?

It can be almost same as express entry experience letter.

• be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include your name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
  • indicate all positions you held while employed at the company,
  • include the following details:
    • job title
    • comprehensive list of duties and responsibilities that correspond with the appropriate NOC
    • job status (if current job)
    • dates worked for the company
    • number of work hours per week
    • annual salary plus benefits
    • pay cheque

>> Does the past experience have to be in the same skilled noc or can it be a level below the skilled in the same industry?

It has to be same or above..

The BC PNP defines directly related work experience as paid employment that is classified under the same NOC code as the B.C. job offer that you have accepted. Experience in a related occupation at a NOC skill level equal to or greater than the NOC code of the B.C. job offer may also be included if, at the time of application, you can satisfactorily demonstrate how this work experience is directly related.

Experience in a lower skill level NOC is not considered as directly related.

YouthTree

Jul 4, 2018
Thanks very much! If I don't get my canadian experience class it will be because they haven't deemed my work experience as valid so I'm unsure why my lawyer previously said PNP would be an option?

BC-PNP

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Thanks very much! If I don't get my canadian experience class it will be because they haven't deemed my work experience as valid so I'm unsure why my lawyer previously said PNP would be an option?
I am here mentioning about BC PNP rules. You are still eligible for express entry and PNP in other provinces.

If you need to qualify for Skilled worker BC PNP you need to have a job offer, 2 years of experience in the same field that of job offer and you should meet the points.

YouthTree

Jul 4, 2018
Yeah I understand that. I have applied for CEC and am planning BCPNP as a backup if CEC doesn't work. If the criteria for showing past work experience is the same for BCPNP and scrutinized to the same level it will probably be pointless to try

BC-PNP

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Yeah I understand that. I have applied for CEC and am planning BCPNP as a backup if CEC doesn't work. If the criteria for showing past work experience is the same for BCPNP and scrutinized to the same level it will probably be pointless to try
Did you lived in Canada? Is the past experience is from Canada

YouthTree

Jul 4, 2018
Yeah I've already applied for express entry.

How do I have to show my two years skilled experience for BCPNP if E.E fails? What documents do they ask for, how is my passed experience scrutinized?

BC-PNP

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Yeah I've already applied for express entry.

How do I have to show my two years skilled experience for BCPNP if E.E fails? What documents do they ask for, how is my passed experience scrutinized?
>> How do I have to show my two years skilled experience for BCPNP if E.E fails? What documents do they ask for

I have already replied for this in my previous comment

>> how is my passed experience scrutinized

There wont be any detailed checking I guess. We have to submit experience letter. That's it. I dont think they will call the company and check for it if its outside Canada. They may check whether company is genuine or not.

The past experience should be in same NOC or above. That is what BC doc says as I mentioned above.

YouthTree

Jul 4, 2018
Ok thanks, this gives me a good backup plan.

Last questions, how much money do you need in your account in order to come to Canada? Bear in mind its just me, no dependents.

Also, how much is the fee to enter for BCPNP and average processing times

Thanks for your help

BC-PNP

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Ok thanks, this gives me a good backup plan.

Last questions, how much money do you need in your account in order to come to Canada? Bear in mind its just me, no dependents.

Also, how much is the fee to enter for BCPNP and average processing times

Thanks for your help
If you are CEC you dont need to show any money in account

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

>> how much is the fee to enter for BCPNP and average processing times

Inorder to apply for BC PNP you need 750 CAD I guess. Avg processing time is 2 - 3 months. I got in 1 week.

vasuv001

Apr 17, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
hello friends.
i am in BC PNP (EEBC) pool, but when i filled the form i havent submit the ECA with PNP. Since i am in the FSTP category i dont need ECA for Express.BUT would like to know. IS it mandatory to have eca for PNP. PLS suggetions.

MY diploma is trade so wes cant assess my diploma.

Cheers.