+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BCPNP Municipal Business license

ShylajaRajiv

Jul 17, 2019
Hi,

I had applied for BCPNP (tech pilot) and got an invite last week. I am a little confused on what supporting documents to submit for "valid Municipal Business License'. My company is federally incorporated and does not have a regional office in BC, but do have lot of clients and mobile offices out there.

We have annual tax returns for last 3 years as well as company incorporation letter, we are in business in Canada for last 10 years with lot of merger and aquisition across NA.

Our company is large (close to 6 Bil. USD revenue) with close to 80K employees and of course into IT services. Getting right people to get these letters is becoming challenge. We got the incorporation letter and we did have old offices in BC but it was closed a year back and people are also left hence who was having these documents, current team does not know and it is becoming challenge

We have annual tax returns and company incorporation letter.

What exactly we can provide support for Municipal business license. Is this license to operate in Canada? If yes, standard letter indicating we can do in Canada from Federal government is sufficient? Pls. advice.

Secondly, considering our company size and I have to work out of client location, would there be any specific risk do you foresee considering we do not have any registered office in BC

Last edited:

sams19

Feb 11, 2020
Hi,

I had applied for BCPNP (tech pilot) and got an invite last week. I am a little confused on what supporting documents to submit for "valid Municipal Business License'. My company is federally incorporated and does not have a regional office in BC, but do have lot of clients and mobile offices out there.

We have annual tax returns for last 3 years as well as company incorporation letter, we are in business in Canada for last 10 years with lot of merger and aquisition across NA.

Our company is large (close to 6 Bil. USD revenue) with close to 80K employees and of course into IT services. Getting right people to get these letters is becoming challenge. We got the incorporation letter and we did have old offices in BC but it was closed a year back and people are also left hence who was having these documents, current team does not know and it is becoming challenge

We have annual tax returns and company incorporation letter.

What exactly we can provide support for Municipal business license. Is this license to operate in Canada? If yes, standard letter indicating we can do in Canada from Federal government is sufficient? Pls. advice.

Secondly, considering our company size and I have to work out of client location, would there be any specific risk do you foresee considering we do not have any registered office in BC
Hi,

I am in a same boat as you are. Can you please update, what happened to your invitation? Thanks