+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BCIT Certificate Program and Express Entry

ros_freeman

May 22, 2018
Hi everyone,
I'm new in this forum and I am still researching on express entry. I recently got admission at BCIT in a one year full-time certificate course (Communication Design essentials). Here's the link to the specific program: https://www.bcit.ca/study/programs/6495cert#overview

I also have a 4-year BSc from my country (outside Canada). My question is, if I apply via express entry after completing my course at BCIT, will I get points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees."? I mean is that program eligible to get points in CRS?

doge

Mar 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa CPC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-03-2017
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2017
LANDED..........
09-08-2017
I think that should be fine.

However, if you would like to apply under CEC, you need one year Canadian work experience. Your one-year certificate program can only grant you a one year Post Graduation Work Permit which means that you need to find a qualified job before or right at the time that you graduate which is very difficult.

If possible, I would recommend you to switch to a two-year program.

ros_freeman

May 22, 2018
I think that should be fine.

However, if you would like to apply under CEC, you need one year Canadian work experience. Your one-year certificate program can only grant you a one year Post Graduation Work Permit which means that you need to find a qualified job before or right at the time that you graduate which is very difficult.

If possible, I would recommend you to switch to a two-year program.
Thank you so much for replying Doge. I actually have 3+ years of full time work experience from my home country and that is why I am planning to apply in Express entry. I roughly calculated my points and it should be something around 450-455.