+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC Tech Pilot

davesahil

Mar 20, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I am planning to take the BC PNP route for permanent residence, and as I am a tech worker I would be eligible for the tech pilot as well.

Just wanted to check if anyone has any experience of applying to BC tech employers from outside Canada. Most of the threads are talking about applying from inside BC.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly helpful.

Thanks,
Sahil

Rayan75

Star Member
Dec 25, 2017
For the tech pilot PNP program, you must have a technical position or a job offer from an employer in BC in specific NOCs List. In your case now being outside Canada, it's very complicated & time consuming.
The Canadian employer wishing to hire you, is required to get an LMIA approval for you - which is almost impossible for outsiders applying from overseas, before they actually offer you the job.

Unless you find that Canadian employer who will hire you and choose you over a local PR, your chances are close to none. This is why most Tech pilot posts here are "inland" applicants, because they either have Post-grad work permit, or on a spouse/partner open-work permit and, thus they don't need LMIA.

Good luck

Last edited:
Reactions: scylla

crs350onip

Feb 23, 2019
Pakistan
NOC Code......
For the tech pilot PNP program, you must have a technical position or a job offer from an employer in BC in specific NOCs List. In your case now being outside Canada, it's very complicated & time consuming.
The Canadian employer wishing to hire you, is required to get an LMIA approval for you - which is almost impossible for outsiders applying from overseas, before they actually offer you the job.

Unless you find that Canadian employer who will hire you and choose you over a local PR, your chances are close to none. This is why most Tech pilot posts here are "inland" applicants, because they either have Post-grad work permit, or on a spouse/partner open-work permit and, thus they don't need LMIA.

Good luck

I am not an expert but for BC PNP Tech Pilot program there is no requirement for LMIA and the process is very swift.

https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/B-C-Provincial-Nominee-Program/BC-PNP-Tech-Pilot

https://www.welcomebc.ca/getmedia/2bf26106-9112-4fa7-8874-71dcd1f5d638/BC-PNP-Tech-Pilot-info-sheet_Workers.pdf.aspx

zahadum

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-02-2018
Nomination.....
29-01-2018
AOR Received.
15-03-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2018
Med's Done....
04-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-05-2019
Hi Everyone,

I am planning to take the BC PNP route for permanent residence, and as I am a tech worker I would be eligible for the tech pilot as well.

Just wanted to check if anyone has any experience of applying to BC tech employers from outside Canada. Most of the threads are talking about applying from inside BC.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly helpful.

Thanks,
Sahil
First, you need to get a tech job offer from BC's employers(don't need to be a tech employer) and ask them to support you for BC PNP. This will be hard or even impossible, but you could try that.

Last edited: