+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP

Den2o

Dec 18, 2020
I am on dependent on an Open Work Permit. I was able to get a job and am eligible for BC PNP Tech Pilot. But to start the BC PNP process, I need to create Express Entry Profile. In the express entry profile, do I mention "Yes" for job offer? I dont want to claim for Express Entry 50 points for job offer. I want to claim the BC PNP points (due to close to 40 age).

So question is should I answer Yes for job offer in Express Entry and Say LMIA exempt?

I cannot claim Express entry through spouse since points will not reach the cutoff due to age.

Den2o

Dec 18, 2020
You don’t have a job offer as you are on an open work permit. You say no.
Just to clarify, I have accepted the job offer and have started working. To apply for BC PNP tech pilot, I need to create an Express Entry Profile.

To accurately reflect my current situation, when creating the EE profile do I need to say "No" for "Do you have a job offer"? (I am assuming because we do not meet the definition of job offer as per Express Entry Conditions? or should I say Yes but answer the subsequent question with no -especially the LMIA related question)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Just to clarify, I have accepted the job offer and have started working. To apply for BC PNP tech pilot, I need to create an Express Entry Profile.

To accurately reflect my current situation, when creating the EE profile do I need to say "No" for "Do you have a job offer"? (I am assuming because we do not meet the definition of job offer as per Express Entry Conditions? or should I say Yes but answer the subsequent question with no -especially the LMIA related question)
As I said. You say no.

Reactions: Den2o

Somashekar

Feb 6, 2020

Hi. I am in the same boat, I guess you have selected 'No'. please let me know how did you proceed.
Thanks in Advance

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia

You have to select "No"

Sunny2801

Dec 22, 2017
Hey.. Thanks for the quick reply.
You can say ‘Yes’ as you apply for bc pnp through job offer category. But in subsequent questioning where it will ask you do you have work permit with employer name on it, select no, then it will say you need work permit for this job, say yes , work permit type- Lmia exempt
Then system will automatically don’t give you 50 points.
But if you say ‘no’ in express entry profile but in bc pnp yes. May be for bc pnp job offer is red flag. Hope it will help you!
Say truth as long as you can.
as you have job offer- say yes
But no lmia need to do job as you have open work permit. Then say no that for work permit option.

Somashekar

Feb 6, 2020
Thanks for the detailed reply.
I would like to know one more thing, is it worth take help of the consultant for BC PNP or it can be done on our own??. They are charging hefty fees.
I have a PGWP and a job offer in the same field of my experience, but I am not sure of the kind of support required from the employer to proceed with the PNP.

Sunny2801

Dec 22, 2017
I would say, if you know what documents need to prepare, you can do by yourself and just before final submission, you can do review from a lawyer (for review of documents, they charge less fee rather than representing you completely), if you don’t know about employer docs, definitely go with lawyer rather than cheaper consultant or agent.
Initially consultant charge less fees but they spoiled many cases intentionally to make money from clients after that.

Somashekar

Feb 6, 2020
I would say, if you know what documents need to prepare, you can do by yourself and just before final submission, you can do review from a lawyer (for review of documents, they charge less fee rather than representing you completely), if you don’t know about employer docs, definitely go with lawyer rather than cheaper consultant or agent.
Initially consultant charge less fees but they spoiled many cases intentionally to make money from clients after that.
Thank you so much. I think, I should go for lawyer rather than approaching a immigration consultant.