+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP work remote to other Province ?

D10s

Sep 30, 2021
Hello Forum,

I have a question, I am PR (canadian experience class) I applied by BC Pnp tech pilot. and seems like I have to remain in the province (BC) at least 2 years. My doubt is can I work to Montreal or another province remote but I'll stay in my current province ? I won't move.

I am concerned if this could be an issue for my PR status as misrepresentation if I start to work for a company in another province (Montreal).

Hope someone could let me know if have any similar experience,

Thanks.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Hello Forum,

I have a question, I am PR (canadian experience class) I applied by BC Pnp tech pilot. and seems like I have to remain in the province (BC) at least 2 years. My doubt is can I work to Montreal or another province remote but I'll stay in my current province ? I won't move.

I am concerned if this could be an issue for my PR status as misrepresentation if I start to work for a company in another province (Montreal).

Hope someone could let me know if have any similar experience,

Thanks.
Did somebody put in writing that you have to live in BC for two years? The Canadian Charter gives you free movement... the main thing is that you didn't use and abuse PNP to simply go to another province the next day.

If you're PR and you have a genuine job opportunity in Montreal and your standard of living would improve as a result, there's nothing wrong with moving to Quebec. But if you want to live in BC and work remotely, that's awesome (I would rather do that).

Where mis-representation would occur is if you used BC PNP for PR and then when you landed in Canada you told them you're actually moving to Manitoba to live with your secret child or lover or something.

You're pretty safe by the sounds of it, again, unless BC PNP told you in writing you can't leave which would be preposterous.

Reactions: D10s