+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP with job offer in another province

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I emailed BC PNP regarding a job offer in another province (boldly....) and here is their response. My question is, should I confirm with CIC? Because it is CIC who will renew the PR status and handle citizenship application, not BC government. Thanks a lot in advance.

Subject: RE: Job offer in another province
To: xxxx

Dear xxxx,

After obtaining your permanent resident status, you will no longer be subject to the requirements under BC PNP. You will however be subject to the CIC’s requirements in order to maintain your permanent resident status. (I can't post links, but here was a link to CIC site where it says 2 year out of 5 requirement of keeping PR status)

Kind regards,
BC PNP

To: PNP Info JTST:EX
Subject: Job offer in another province

Good morning,

I am a permanent resident who applied under BC PNP International Graduate Pilot Program, by obtaining a post graduate degree in BC. I landed in xxxx and lived in BC since then. I recently had a job offer in another province. If I take the job and leave BC, will it be difficult for me to renew my permanent resident status and apply for citizenship in the future? If so, I will decline the job offer and stay in my current job. Thank you very much and have a nice day.

verveiko

Aug 3, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Passport Req..
08-03-2013
LANDED..........
29-03-2013
yyzhuang said:
I emailed BC PNP regarding a job offer in another province (boldly....) and here is their response. My question is, should I confirm with CIC? Because it is CIC who will renew the PR status and handle citizenship application, not BC government. Thanks a lot in advance.

Subject: RE: Job offer in another province
To: xxxx

Dear xxxx,

After obtaining your permanent resident status, you will no longer be subject to the requirements under BC PNP. You will however be subject to the CIC's requirements in order to maintain your permanent resident status. (I can't post links, but here was a link to CIC site where it says 2 year out of 5 requirement of keeping PR status)

Kind regards,
BC PNP

To: PNP Info JTST:EX
Subject: Job offer in another province

Good morning,

I am a permanent resident who applied under BC PNP International Graduate Pilot Program, by obtaining a post graduate degree in BC. I landed in xxxx and lived in BC since then. I recently had a job offer in another province. If I take the job and leave BC, will it be difficult for me to renew my permanent resident status and apply for citizenship in the future? If so, I will decline the job offer and stay in my current job. Thank you very much and have a nice day.
you can live in any province and work and do what you want when you are PR, it doesn't matter how you got it.

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
verveiko said:
you can live in any province and work and do what you want when you are PR, it doesn't matter how you got it.
Thanks a lot for your reply. I heard that in some provinces, like Alberta, there is an agreement between the PR and province so they can only stay in the province that nominated them, and moving to another province is not legal, and will potentially cause losing PR status and failure in citizenship application. I can't post links, the name of that thread is "Alberta Provincial Nominee-to establish myself in another province after landed". I wasn't sure about BC so I emailed them and asked.

I'm not sure when CIC decides citizenship, will they consider the different rules set by different provinces? I think if BC is ok with PNP moving away, CIC should be fine with it too. Thanks