+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP Tech Remote work location

Andyw99

Jan 10, 2021
NOC Code:2173
CRS:462

I recently relocated to BC from ON, I have a valid job offer.

I initially got the job offer in ON, since the position is remote I moved to BC, my employer has presence Canada wide, and they have offices too in Vancouver, BC.

When creating a profile, in Job offer section, have to enter a work location, there's no work address on my file, can I enter the work address of the Vancouver office although I work remotely?

My payroll and taxes are also done through BC.

I can get the certificate of Incorporation and Municipal Business License as well for this location in Vancouver, BC.

Although, my job offer mentions office address of Toronto, ON incase I need to go there, since I originally received the offer there.

I can try asking my manager for a new offer letter to be issued with BC address but not guaranteed to happen.

Has anyone been in this situation where they work remotely, what address do you enter?

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
NOC Code:2173
CRS:462

I recently relocated to BC from ON, I have a valid job offer.

I initially got the job offer in ON, since the position is remote I moved to BC, my employer has presence Canada wide, and they have offices too in Vancouver, BC.

When creating a profile, in Job offer section, have to enter a work location, there's no work address on my file, can I enter the work address of the Vancouver office although I work remotely?

My payroll and taxes are also done through BC.

I can get the certificate of Incorporation and Municipal Business License as well for this location in Vancouver, BC.

Although, my job offer mentions office address of Toronto, ON incase I need to go there, since I originally received the offer there.

I can try asking my manager for a new offer letter to be issued with BC address but not guaranteed to happen.

Has anyone been in this situation where they work remotely, what address do you enter?
Interesting situation. I think it's best to check with BC PNP as they're usually helpful and informative about this stuff. Give'em a call and if they say "yeah, we need to see BC as your province of work in your contract" then you'll need to do that.