+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP (Skills Immigration – International Graduate)

Thinly

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
Holy smoke! this is ridiculous! It's been 130 days (over 4 months) since the BC PNP received my application. I called them 6 times so far, since two months they were kept saying that my application is under active review which is completely unbelievable.

At least if they refuse it, I'll find an alternate way to apply for PR, but it seems like they held off my application. I don't know what to do?

They are just taking too much time without making any decision on it. Substandard!!

Is anyone waiting out there this long for BC PNP?

Thinly

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
AlexandraO said:
Hi,

thank you for sharing.
Its important information. I'm wondering whether to apply by myself or through consultancy as I'm afraid to do smth wrong in preparing the documents and applying...
Are you sure that all other conditions ( like age, work experience - previous and current job offer are similar?)

thank you
Age is different but all other factors are same.

Mickeal

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
Thinly said:
Holy smoke! this is ridiculous! It's been 130 days (over 4 months) since the BC PNP received my application. I called them 6 times so far, since two months they were kept saying that my application is under active review which is completely unbelievable.

At least if they refuse it, I'll find an alternate way to apply for PR, but it seems like they held off my application. I don't know what to do?

They are just taking too much time without making any decision on it. Substandard!!

2 and half month waiting still going...

Thinly

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
New updates for 2017 on BC PNP Website

The federal government allocates the number of nominations (principal applicants, excluding dependent family) available to the BC PNP each year. For 2017, B.C.’s quota is 6,000 nominations. The BC PNP has always used the full nomination allocation and intends to maximize the quota again this year.

The BC PNP will not refund application fees where a review of the application has commenced.

Once you have submitted a complete application. These processing times are based on 80% of cases and are subject to change according to program capacity.

MissJustice

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
BC
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
16-05-2017
Nomination.....
05-2017
AOR Received.
08-2017
Med's Request
01-04-2018
Med's Done....
01-05-2018
Passport Req..
05-02-2019
Thinly said:

This is insane. My work permit expires in 4.5 months and I need my nomination and AOR from CIC before then.

Keep us posted!

Krystine

Dec 12, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-04-2018
Passport Req..
27-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2018
LANDED..........
14-10-2018
Anyone has travelled outside of Canada while on applying for PNP and no problem at all? I am planning to travel with my family to another country for about 2 weeks this summer.
I have PGWP valid until November 2018. Am I okay to travel? I am going to register my PNP next month. Here is what I found in CIC website related to this matter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can I leave Canada while IRCC processes my application for permanent residence?
Yes. However, if you leave Canada while your application is being processed, you must meet all the admissibility rules before being allowed back into Canada.

If you leave Canada and want to return, you must have all the required documents to enter. This can include:

a valid passport or other travel documents,
a valid work permit or study permit, if you need one, and
a valid visitor visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), if you need one.
If you are unable to return to Canada, we could determine that you abandoned your application. In that case, we will not process it.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Thinly said:
Hi there,

I would like to let you guys know one thing, BC PNP is holding 20% of applications (20% applications are people who apply through consultancy)

I just came to know that people who apply by their own are getting nomination sooner than who apply through consultancy.

In fact, me and four of my friends graduated from the same university, registered for BC PNP, got invited and submitted application on the same date, but among five, three have applied by their own and got the nomination with in a month. two of us (including me) applied though consultancy in November (over four months) still no response from BC PNP. Sorry I cannot let this falsehood slide,What has happened is that certain immigration consultants have been red flagged for misrepresentations.Because of this their clients are given extra scrutiny.Consultants with good reputations like Joe Kenney the former BC PNP Director or Dannie Williams,the retired former senior CIC manager have not had problems In fact their files are moving faster because the officers know their files are in order
Sorry I just could not let this falsehood slide,it is simply not true

tushya

Oct 27, 2016
Did anyone get nomination yet? I submitted on 17th of this month by myself, some consultant friend told me it'll take no more than 2 months. But it looks like taking very long for some applicants tho.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Unfortunately the 2 months is for 80% of cases.I have one running in 4 months.Sketchy employer had issues with employment standards of not paying the real wages on contract :( :(

GuiStocovick

Aug 1, 2017
Hi, I recently got a job as Administrative Assistant 1241 and I'm looking to apply for the Express Entry BC - International Graduate (by qualifying for FSWP) and I saw some people saying they were asked to provide 6 months of paychecks, is this some requirement, how does that work if literally just started working?

sculptoryb

Aug 3, 2017
I'd like to share my time line;

AUG 2 2017 -- PNP Registration Submitted

AUG 16, 2017 -- Invitation to Apply for PNP (ITA) Date

SEP 9, 2017 -- submitted my application and waiting for nomination.

Current status (Applied)

I'll keep you guys updated.

Wish me good luck