+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP - processing time and implied status for IEC WH WP

mujdur

Dec 12, 2013
Hey to all of you! :)

I'm currently working as Kitchen helper on an open work permit issued by IEC (IEC Working Holiday) and it's valid till mid June this year.
I'm also planing to apply for PR through BC PNP ELSS so I want to ask what are the processing times at this moment?

I can apply March 10. so I'm going to have about 14 weeks till my WP is going to be invalid. I was hoping to get approval before that time so I can apply for Bridging Work Permit, but if that doesn't go that way is there any way for me to buy some time?

Can I get implied status? If yes how, what should I do?

Thanks for your time!

Marin

confusedimmigrant

Star Member
Mar 10, 2013
You do not get implied status on working holiday visas. PNP processing can take any where from 14 to 16 weeks and they dont expedite the applications under any circumstances. Can you apply earlier ? If your can't , you should stop working as soon as your work permit expires.

Once your PNP gets approved you can go to the broder and get another WP.

The other option is for your employer to apply for LMO, once that comes through you can anf get a work permit at the border.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

mujdur

Dec 12, 2013
I have to work for 9 consecutive months before I can apply. March 10th is the earliest for me.
Also if I change my status (stop working) my application is refused by default because BC PNP ELSS program requires that I have to work through the entire process until I get PR status.

I know about possibility to get LMO and apply for new WP but that is close to 0. Getting a positive LMO in Vancouver for Kitchen helper is practically impossible.

But thanks for your time and your input ;)

confusedimmigrant

Star Member
Mar 10, 2013
I doubt if that will be the case. Check with PNP. You will only have to stop working once your IEC visa runs out. Once you get your PNP approved , you can go to the border and get the work permit activated again. I am sure your emploer would understand this.

Make sure when you send your documents to PNP, attch a cover letter explaining your situation. Attach every document so they dont have to contact you for additional documents and this will make the process smoother.

Cheers and good luck !!

mujdur

Dec 12, 2013
confusedimmigrant said:
I doubt if that will be the case. Check with PNP. You will only have to stop working once your IEC visa runs out. Once you get your PNP approved , you can go to the border and get the work permit activated again. I am sure your emploer would understand this.
It's not about my employer but PNP itself. For ELSS program you must maintain full-time employment with your employer in B.C. throughout both PNP and permanent residence application processes.

Jan 3, 2014
Hi,

yes. you need to maintain your status throughout the whole process from BC PNP to get PR approval.

However, you may apply renew for WP if you can get BC PNP nomination. The BC PNP can be approved as soon as about 2 weeks. you may refer to my blog about the timeline on summary of some cases at CLEAR POND VILLAGE.

My case from start of applying BC PNP to getting PR approved took about 1 year.

good luck.

ixd3009

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2013
AOR Received.
06-01-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
06-01-2014
Med's Done....
26-01-2014
LANDED..........
already in Canada on WP
Hi Marin,

You probably already applied for your BC PNP. I'm not sure if this will help or not, but my advice is that in order not to stop working while waiting the approval from pnp you apply for new work permit online or by mail. It will secure you implied status for 2-3 months, so the best is to wait until the 7-10 days before your current wp is to expire and then send the application for new one. So once the bc pnp gives you support letter you can go to border, get new work permit there (most probably they will issue it only for 1 yr) and I believe you can contact cic to refund money for the previous wp you applied for.

Hope it helps :)!

Irena

Make it 2014

Jul 23, 2014
ixd3009 said:
Hi Marin,

You probably already applied for your BC PNP. I'm not sure if this will help or not, but my advice is that in order not to stop working while waiting the approval from pnp you apply for new work permit online or by mail. It will secure you implied status for 2-3 months, so the best is to wait until the 7-10 days before your current wp is to expire and then send the application for new one. So once the bc pnp gives you support letter you can go to border, get new work permit there (most probably they will issue it only for 1 yr) and I believe you can contact cic to refund money for the previous wp you applied for.

Hope it helps :)!

Irena
Hi Irena,

Can I send out to renew my work permit by mail and then send in the the approval letter after I get the acceptance without going to the border?

Thanks.