+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP Post-Graduate income requirement

Tony_tong

Jul 17, 2019
Hi,

I am new here. May I ask two questions confuse my for a long time.

I know there is no income or job requirement for post-graduate BC PNP. However, if I add my spouse in the application, is there any income requirement for that ? I did not find related information.

Second, if I add my spouse in the application, can my spouse study in other province such as Ontario ?

Thanks for answering my question ! I appreciate your help !

Mary Zhang

May 13, 2019
Markahm
Category........
No, there is no extra special income requirement if you add a spouse.

As to your second question, there are two choices:
  • She can apply for a study permit separate from the PR application and go study once she has it (and if she gets PR in the meantime that's great)
  • She can wait until she gets PR, then she can study wherever.

Tony_tong

Jul 17, 2019
No, there is no extra special income requirement if you add a spouse.

As to your second question, there are two choices:
  • She can apply for a study permit separate from the PR application and go study once she has it (and if she gets PR in the meantime that's great)
  • She can wait until she gets PR, then she can study wherever.
Thanks for your replying !

Is that legal ? Because there is a requirement of BC PNP, the applier has to show the intention to live or work in BC. Once she get PR, should she come back to BC at once ?

Reactions: Mary Zhang

Mary Zhang

May 13, 2019
Markahm
Category........
Well it could definitely create an issue, it's a possibility. Personally, I've never seen someone do this so I don't know if it would affect the PNP application. It's a very specific and unique situation.

If you apply for PR through the BC PNP and your wife is accompanying you as a spouse but she has also submitted a study permit application for a DLI in Ontario - this would be completely up to the person reviewing your application as to whether or not this could be considered proof you aren't intending not to live in BC. (If that person even knows about the study permit.)

Sorry I can't be more definitive.