+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP - My timeline

Daan

Jan 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Hello all,

Just wanted to share my timeline with you and let you know how quickly (or slowly) everything is going.
First off: I've been working here on a regular temporary work permit for a little over a year now and applied for the PNP with my current employer. I'm from The Netherlands, in my mid-twenties and hold a Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Information Science. I'm applying under NOC 2174 (Software Products Developer).

April 8, 2009
Sent in BC PNP application to Vancouver PNP office.

April 16, 2009
Received receipt of application from PNP office. Credit card charged.

April 30, 2009
Employer was contacted to confirm application and asked my employer some questions (how long had I been working for my employer, is my employer fond of me, was I planning on leaving). Employer was told a decision would be made very soon (same day or next day) and we would both receive written confirmation within two weeks.

May 7, 2009
Received official confirmation by e-mail from PNP notifying me of my nomination.

May 13, 2009
Received PR application package from BC PNP office.

[...]

A

Albertagoverner

Daan said:
Hello all,

Just wanted to share my timeline with you and let you know how quickly (or slowly) everything is going.
First off: I've been working here on a regular temporary work permit for a little over a year now and applied for the PNP with my current employer. I'm from The Netherlands, in my mid-twenties and hold a Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Information Science. I'm applying under NOC 2174 (Software Products Developer).

April 8, 2009
Sent in BC PNP application to Vancouver PNP office.

April 16, 2009
Received receipt of application from PNP office. Credit card charged.

April 30, 2009
Employer was contacted to confirm application and asked my employer some questions (how long had I been working for my employer, is my employer fond of me, was I planning on leaving). Employer was told a decision would be made very soon (same day or next day) and we would both receive written confirmation within two weeks.

So that's where we are now. I'm very excited obviously and will keep you up to date in this topic.
Probably you are the only one who has already posted "My Timeline"

Daan

Jan 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I can imagine some people being curious and interested in how long it would or could take for a PNP application to be processed, which is the main reason I opened this topic. I just hope I can shed some light on the whole PNP situation for people who don't know how it exactly goes.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Talked to your program officer and He said He endorsed you for nomination for permanent residency Yesterday April 30,Welcome to our Province Beautiful British Columbia and your case is proof that we really move FASTER then most other provinces.22 Days for processing PR Nomination to the Best Place on Earth.A message from the Province

breech

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
Hello everyone,

I would gladly post my timeline for others' information..

Category: BC PNP - Registered Nurse
Visa Office: Canadian Embassy, Manila

January 2008 Submitted CRNBC application and at the same time looking for Canadian employer.
March 2008 Pre-assessment letter received from CRNBC asking me a copy of the retake scores of Tests 3 and 5 of the June 2006 NLE.

April 2008 Assessed and made eligible with CRNBC.
June 2008 Interview with the employer over the phone.
July 2008 Received Job Offer thru email.
August 2008 BC Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) application started.
October 1, 2008 PNP application sent to Ministry of Economic Development for nomination by Health Match BC.
October 14, 2008 Successful nomination from the Province of British Columbia as provincial nominee.
October 27, 2008 Received an e-mail telling me of the successful nomination.
November 3, 2008 Received Permanent Residence application package from BC PNP Office.
November 10, 2008 Visa Application sent to Canadian Embassy, Manila. (Work Permit & Permanent Residence Applications). Payment made thru manager's check and bank draft. Work Permit – Php 6,300 ($150 CAD), Permanent Residence – Php 22,000 ($550 CAD).

November 12, 2008 All documents were returned and received notice of incorrect payment processing fee.
(Effective November 10, 2008, the processing fee for work permit is Php 6,000.00 equivalent to $150 CAD due to currency fluctuation.

November 15, 2008 Documents resent to Canadian Embassy, Manila.
December 5, 2008 Received notice for Medicals from the Embassy in connection with TWP application.
December 8, 2008 Medicals completed. (Dr. Parkash Mansukhani, Davao Doctor's Hospital)
January 16, 2009 Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR) 60-day letter received in response for permanent residence application. Letter received along requesting for additional documents (CENOMAR or Certificate of No Record of Previous Marriages from NSO, certificates, and RPRF)

January 28, 2009 Received notice for medicals for Permanent Residence Application. Advised the embassy thru e-mail that medicals were done last Dec. 2008 in connection with my TWP application.
January 29, 2009 Received an e-mail and phone call from the embassy to disregard the medical request.
January 30, 2009 CENOMAR, RPRF and other requested documents sent off to embassy.
March 11, 2009 Embassy returned back the passport.
March 19, 2009
Embassy called over the phone verifying if the requested documents were already submitted and asked to return back my passport to their office. Sent passport thru DHL on the same day.
April 23, 2009 Received Permanent Resident Visa (stamped April 7, 09). Working Visa not granted anymore by the embassy.

sky789

May 7, 2009
Congratulation! Wow, so fast!
I will apply BC PNP-Entry level, food and beverage server.
Could you please share your application?
How about your recommendation letter?

Daan

Jan 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
sky789 said:
Congratulation! Wow, so fast!
I will apply BC PNP-Entry level, food and beverage server.
Could you please share your application?
How about your recommendation letter?
I just followed the checklist and made sure everything that was on there was in my application.

The recommendation letter from my listed why I was valuable to the company and why he wanted to keep me. He also described what kind of employee I was (basically put in a good word) and that I was an asset to the company.

n00be

Apr 11, 2009
I understand one need to have a Job offer to get nomination for BC PNP?
Is that true?

Can anyone get nomination without a job offer? Because I dont know how anyone can get a job offer over phone (I am in US).

Any thoughts? (OH..BTW..Per June 2009 Visa bulletin, my US Green card is screwed to eternity)

avaid

Apr 20, 2009
when can I expect my file number as AINP received my AINP application on 3rd Feb 2009 under new process

A

Albertagoverner

avaid said:
when can I expect my file number as AINP received my AINP application on 3rd Feb 2009 under new process
Avaid,

Please choose the right thread. This is for BC PNP.