+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP (LMIA or not...)

David_Djalo

Aug 23, 2020
I am very confused.

The BC PNP says there is no need for a LMIA and is one of the key benefits of the scheme.

BUT when you apply on the federal side after receiving a nomination letter, it says there is a need for LIMA when you are applying for the express entry BC and it must be added. Is this correct ?So then an LMIA is actually required after all....

David_Djalo

Aug 23, 2020
Hi
To be clear, if. am applying through the Federal Skills Worker program I came across this and was confused. I appreciate I dont need a LMIA for a Provincial Nomination but then when I am applying thereafter under the Federal Skills Program will I need one then?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/find-national-occupation-code.html

Jobs exempt from needing an LMIA
There are only two reasons the employer making you the offer doesn’t need to get a new LMIA:
  1. if you’re already working for them with a work permit based on that LMIA
  2. if you work in a job that doesn’t need an LMIA

David_Djalo

Aug 23, 2020
That’s the ambiguity that I can’t flush out
if I am nominated as a PNP I appreciate there is no need for LMIA under the BC PNP

but when I apply for the federal skilled worker programme when invited then there is a requirement for LMIA as I do have a job offer as I pasted above.
That’s the confusing bit

David_Djalo

Aug 23, 2020
I will do ...thanks A lot for your adamant advice ! logically it makes no sense for the BC PNP to have no LMIA requirement only for it to resurface during the express entry PR application