+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP is Open Again!

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate/About-the-BC-PNP/About-the-BC-PNP/News-and-Announcements.aspx

Good luck everyone.

Explorers

Star Member
Nov 17, 2015
BC is a joke now. It is the most difficult program now. The points system is very complicated and detailed (points for everything).
I don't understand why they made it so difficult to come to BC. Moreover if I have job offer and LMIA - why on earth will I apply for BC and pay their fees if I can go straight to Federal EE? This is really laughable

I suppose the people who developed new rules and new system are very ignorant in immigration process.

hoomanmogh

Jan 24, 2016
Hi,

I have a question and I don't know if this is a right topic for it.

My wife just finished her Master's degree from UBC and we want to apply through PNP. What is the difference between "Skills Immigration BC - Post-Graduate" and "Express Entry BC - Post-Graduate"? and which one takes less processing time?

Thanks,

yelenah

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
I do not know what BC PNP was like before, but it looks like it is similar to Express Entry now. It will be very hard to achieve the minimum points requirement. I hope that they will eventually minimize that point requirement when they see the profiles of applicants. Will it go down with every draw from the pool?

marwaku

Star Member
Dec 19, 2015
yelenah said:
I do not know what BC PNP was like before, but it looks like it is similar to Express Entry now. It will be very hard to achieve the minimum points requirement. I hope that they will eventually minimize that point requirement when they see the profiles of applicants. Will it go down with every draw from the pool?
Hello
Where can I calculate my points?

yelenah

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Explorers said:
BC is a joke now. It is the most difficult program now. The points system is very complicated and detailed (points for everything).
I don't understand why they made it so difficult to come to BC. Moreover if I have job offer and LMIA - why on earth will I apply for BC and pay their fees if I can go straight to Federal EE? This is really laughable

I suppose the people who developed new rules and new system are very ignorant in immigration process.
The BC PNP is also for people with semi-skilled occupations who are not eligible under the Federal EE. If you are eligible under the Federal EE and you think that the Federal EE is better, go to EE. No need to offend anyone. This is their province and they can do whatever they want and whatever they think will improve the program and make it faster and more transparent. It is on us to adapt and make the most of it.

yelenah

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
marwaku said:
Hello
Where can I calculate my points?
Please, read the guide on the pages of BC PNP. I am not allowed to link the guide or their official page.
You can also create a BC PNP online account and fill it out without submitting. Log out, then log in again and you should be able to see your calculated score.

preet93

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hoomanmogh said:
Hi,

I have a question and I don't know if this is a right topic for it.

My wife just finished her Master's degree from UBC and we want to apply through PNP. What is the difference between "Skills Immigration BC - Post-Graduate" and "Express Entry BC - Post-Graduate"? and which one takes less processing time?

Thanks,
If your wife qualify for federal express entry then you can apply for Express Entry BC - Post Graduate if not then you have to apply to skills Immigration BC - Post Graduation. Thanks

zedd4x

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
preet93 said:
If your wife qualify for federal express entry then you can apply for Express Entry BC - Post Graduate if not then you have to apply to skills Immigration BC - Post Graduation. Thanks
So is express entry better ? I believe I might be eligible for express entry as well, however skilled stream seems to be easier ? Not sure ...I am looking at the international post graduate stream. Thanks !