+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP International Graduate Application date technicality

dbart

Jan 5, 2012
Hi,

To get into Canada via the BC PNP International Graduate category it says you must apply within two years of when you completed the requirements for graduation. I completed my classes required for graduation about two years and one month ago, but my official graduation date was four months later.

This means if I follow the official graduation date I still have a bit of time to (3 months) apply before the two year window is up. But if I follow when I finished my last class I am past the deadline.

Should I even bother applying for the BC PNP under this category? I have an job interview in a few days and I want to provide the correct info to my perspective employer.

To make that more clear my official graduate date was May 2010 (as listed on my degree). The day I finished my last test was Dec 2009 (as listed on my transcripts). Lets suppose I get a job offer in January 2012.

Thanks!

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
dbart said:
Hi,

To get into Canada via the BC PNP International Graduate category it says you must apply within two years of when you completed the requirements for graduation. I completed my classes required for graduation about two years and one month ago, but my official graduation date was four months later.

This means if I follow the official graduation date I still have a bit of time to (3 months) apply before the two year window is up. But if I follow when I finished my last class I am past the deadline.

Should I even bother applying for the BC PNP under this category? I have an job interview in a few days and I want to provide the correct info to my perspective employer.

To make that more clear my official graduate date was May 2010 (as listed on my degree). The day I finished my last test was Dec 2009 (as listed on my transcripts). Lets suppose I get a job offer in January 2012.

Thanks!
You should be fine. Go ahead and keep us posted. Good luck!

chankawal

Jun 7, 2012
hiii, i m an international graduate, jst done with my P.G in human resource in 2011 dec. now i m on a work permit which is going to expire on 2013 feb. i have just got a job offer from a surrey transportation company for the position of supervisor. m i eligible to file bc pnp??? plz guide me as i m left with just few month............

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
chankawal said:
hiii, i m an international graduate, jst done with my P.G in human resource in 2011 dec. now i m on a work permit which is going to expire on 2013 feb. i have just got a job offer from a surrey transportation company for the position of supervisor. m i eligible to file bc pnp??? plz guide me as i m left with just few month............
Hi. Here's a list of the possible BC PNP tracks: http://www.welcomebc.ca/wbc/immigration/come/work/about/strategic_occupations/index.page?WT.svl=LeftNav. I don't think you qualify for the International P-G program since your Master's degree is not in natural or applied/health sciences. However, you might qualify for the International Graduates program (http://www.welcomebc.ca/wbc/immigration/come/work/about/strategic_occupations/international_graduates/who.page?), since you have already graduated with a Master's and have a job offer (or are currently employed full-time) in BC. Follow this stream carefully and you should be fine.