+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP - EE International Post Graduate

rogers2929

Jul 14, 2021
Starting a thread for BC PNP EE International post graduate timelines , requirements etc.

Making this post helpful for future folks as I gathered more information on this program from my collegues:

There are two BC PNP EE options for graduates. One is Graduate (Bachelors/Diploma ) and One is Post-Graduate (includes MS, PHD)
Main difference between the two is for

BC PNP EE International Graduate:
- You have accepted a full-time, indeterminate job offer for NOC A or B

BC PNP EE International Post Graduate:
- You don't require any Job offers. However, You must have graduated from list of approved programs outlined by BC PNP.

More Info on BC PNP EE International Post Graduate:
https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/Skills-Immigration#IPG

Programs of study which qualify for this express entry stream:
https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/documents/BC-PNP-IPG-EEBC-IPG-Eligible-Programs-of-Study.aspx

Eligibility
To qualify for this category, you must:
  • have completed a valid graduate program of study at an eligible post-secondary institution in B.C. in the last three years
  • have, or be eligible for, legal immigration status in Canada
  • demonstrate that you have the ability and intent to live, work and economically establish in B.C.

Last edited:
Reactions: agao3

rogers2929

Jul 14, 2021
Please feel free to post your timelines when you applied, got 600 points on your express entry profile and ITA for PR

javaw

Apr 26, 2022
Really useful. This is my current timeline.

EE BC PNP International Post-Graduate (outland) (PhD in BC)
EE BC PNP application:
February 16, 2022
EE BC PNP nomination: March 30, 2022

EE outland (NOC 4011) - Postdoctoral Research Scientist (US)
EE ITA:
April 13, 2022
EE AOR: May 21, 2022 (with upfront medical)
MEP: August 12, 2022
BIL: August 12, 2022
Biometrics upload to profile: August 24, 2022

Some questions I had before applying:
- Do I need an English test to apply?
For the EE Yes. For the BC PNP EE stream you need to meet the EE requirements and one of the them is the Language test.
For the Non Express Entry is not a requirement.

- Does the Postdoc experience count as work experience for EE?
I applied using my postdoc experience as the work experience with the NOC 4011. I don't have a fellowship so I get pay directly from the university.

- How long does it take to get the 600 points in your profile after nomination?
I got the 600 points the same day I got PNP nomination.

Hope this helps to future applicants. I'll keep updating my timeline here :)

rogers2929

Jul 14, 2021
Really useful. This is my current timeline.

EE BC PNP International Post-Graduate (outland) (PhD in BC)
EE BC PNP application:
February 16, 2022
EE BC PNP nomination: March 30, 2022

EE outland (NOC 4011) - Postdoctoral Research Scientist (US)
EE ITA:
April 13, 2022
EE AOR: May 21, 2022 (with upfront medical)
MEP: August 12, 2022
BIL: August 12, 2022
Biometrics upload to profile: August 24, 2022

Some questions I had before applying:
- Do I need an English test to apply?
For the EE Yes. For the BC PNP EE stream you need to meet the EE requirements and one of the them is the Language test.
For the Non Express Entry is not a requirement.

- Does the Postdoc experience count as work experience for EE?
I applied using my postdoc experience as the work experience with the NOC 4011. I don't have a fellowship so I get pay directly from the university.

- How long does it take to get the 600 points in your profile after nomination?
I got the 600 points the same day I got PNP nomination.

Hope this helps to future applicants. I'll keep updating my timeline here :)
good stuff. Thanks for the info! Just adding definitions for the terms here:

ITA: invitation to apply
AOR: Acknowledgement of receipt
MEP: Medical examination passed
BIL: Biometric Instruction Letter

Reactions: popforg

syamili

Star Member
Sep 13, 2021
Hi everyone,thanks for starting this thread
My husband completed is on PGWP and have 1 year of work experience in Canada in NOC B.
Can he apply for BC PNP with job offer dated August 2021 or should it be recent??
Please help

javaw

Apr 26, 2022
Hi everyone,thanks for starting this thread
My husband completed is on PGWP and have 1 year of work experience in Canada in NOC B.
Can he apply for BC PNP with job offer dated August 2021 or should it be recent??
Please help
Hi!
If your husband got a degree from one of the eligible programs to apply to the International post graduate stream, he doesn't need a job offer. For the EE he just need one year of work experience.

syamili

Star Member
Sep 13, 2021
To apply for EE CEC category yes I understand that he needs 1 year experience.I believe to apply under EE BC PNP international graduate stream Job offer from a BC employer is mandatory.Please see below and suggest.

International Graduate
Did you graduate with a valid credential from an eligible Canadian university or college within the last three years? The International Graduate stream may be an option to get permanent residence and stay in B.C.
Eligibility
To qualify for this stream, you must:
  • have completed a degree, diploma or certificate from an eligible post-secondary institution in Canada in the past three years
  • have accepted a job offer from a B.C. employer. The job must be classified as NOCTEER category 1, 2, or 3
    • management occupations (NOC TEER 0) are not eligible under this stream
  • be qualified to work in your occupation in B.C.
  • for NOC TEER 2 or 3 occupations, meet minimum language requirements
  • have a wage offer in line with B.C. wage rates for the occupation
  • show you can support yourself and your dependents

javaw

Apr 26, 2022
To apply for EE CEC category yes I understand that he needs 1 year experience.I believe to apply under EE BC PNP international graduate stream Job offer from a BC employer is mandatory.Please see below and suggest.

International Graduate
Did you graduate with a valid credential from an eligible Canadian university or college within the last three years? The International Graduate stream may be an option to get permanent residence and stay in B.C.
Eligibility
To qualify for this stream, you must:
  • have completed a degree, diploma or certificate from an eligible post-secondary institution in Canada in the past three years
  • have accepted a job offer from a B.C. employer. The job must be classified as NOCTEER category 1, 2, or 3
    • management occupations (NOC TEER 0) are not eligible under this stream
  • be qualified to work in your occupation in B.C.
  • for NOC TEER 2 or 3 occupations, meet minimum language requirements
  • have a wage offer in line with B.C. wage rates for the occupation
  • show you can support yourself and your dependents
I thought you were asking about the international postgraduate. Yes, for the international graduate you need a job offer but I don't think you can use an old offer letter. Maybe if your husband still works for the same company they can provide him with a new job offer letter?

syamili

Star Member
Sep 13, 2021
Ok sure I will try that.Thanks for your suggestion
I thought you were asking about the international postgraduate. Yes, for the international graduate you need a job offer but I don't think you can use an old offer letter. Maybe if your husband still works for the same company they can provide him with a new job offer letter?

blackedwin

Dec 24, 2014
Hello,I will be graduating in December from University Canada West in master's in business administration, currently I'm working as a community support worker, and I intend to continue post my PGWP issuance .Which of the BCPNP is my best bet.

javaw

Apr 26, 2022
Hello,I will be graduating in December from University Canada West in master's in business administration, currently I'm working as a community support worker, and I intend to continue post my PGWP issuance .Which of the BCPNP is my best bet.
Check this to see if your degree is on list programs of study that qualify for the International Post Graduate stream:
https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/documents/BC-PNP-IPG-EEBC-IPG-Eligible-Programs-of-Study.aspx

If its not on list then your only option is the skills immigration stream. You should check the welcome BC web (https://www.welcomebc.ca) to learn more about the different programs.

chitrarth236

Dec 3, 2019
I am currently on my Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) and employed in an NOC A-type job. I am eligible for the British Columbia PNP International Post-Graduate stream. My wife lives with me on a spousal open work permit. If I apply for permanent residency (PR) through the BC PNP International Post-Graduate stream, will my wife also be eligible to obtain PR with me?