+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP Change Marriage Status after Receiving Certificate

Rasputin666

Star Member
Sep 19, 2020
Hello, I now have some questions regarding changing marriage status after receiving the BC PNP certificate or even getting invited by CIC.

Here is the case, I am currently ready to submit the BC PNP application (International Post-Graduate Express Entry Stream) with a "single"marriage status". In April 2021, I can obtain the common-law status with my girl friend. As far as I know, the PNP process generally takes 2-3 months and the federal Express Entry process takes 6 months. I am hoping I can add her into the application before finally obtaining the PR.

I hope someone has similar experiences and could help me with these concerns. Since we don't want to wait another 12 months for sponsoring after I obtained my PR, is that possible to change the marriage status after I received PNP certificated profiled as "Single", and even change it in the Federal system after finishing the ITA? How can I inform BC Provincal Government and the federal IRCC?

Any suggestions and help will be much appreciated!

Rasputin666

Star Member
Sep 19, 2020
Wouldn't it be faster and more reliable to get that information by enquiring directly to the PNP than asking people for experiences that may or may not be relevant to yours?
Thanks for your suggestions. I will follow up these questions with BC PNP too. They don't have any call service and the email replies are not usually working well.

Dhmrtn

Jun 24, 2021
Hello, I now have some questions regarding changing marriage status after receiving the BC PNP certificate or even getting invited by CIC.

Here is the case, I am currently ready to submit the BC PNP application (International Post-Graduate Express Entry Stream) with a "single"marriage status". In April 2021, I can obtain the common-law status with my girl friend. As far as I know, the PNP process generally takes 2-3 months and the federal Express Entry process takes 6 months. I am hoping I can add her into the application before finally obtaining the PR.

I hope someone has similar experiences and could help me with these concerns. Since we don't want to wait another 12 months for sponsoring after I obtained my PR, is that possible to change the marriage status after I received PNP certificated profiled as "Single", and even change it in the Federal system after finishing the ITA? How can I inform BC Provincal Government and the federal IRCC?

Any suggestions and help will be much appreciated!
Hello, please did you get a response from them in this