+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP - Change Intended Place of Stay post applying?

Sid Malhotra

Sep 10, 2020
Good morning @senju

hope you are well!

we got the decision from BCPNP and they declined our application. We did give them the explanation that we intended to stay in Chilliwack and we mentioned to stay in Surrey to match the location of the employer. They were not convinced.

What are the alternative courses of action we can take? Should we apply again for BCPNP with intended place to stay as Chilliwack? Or get LMIA?

thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Good morning @senju

hope you are well!

we got the decision from BCPNP and they declined our application. We did give them the explanation that we intended to stay in Chilliwack and we mentioned to stay in Surrey to match the location of the employer. They were not convinced.

What are the alternative courses of action we can take? Should we apply again for BCPNP with intended place to stay as Chilliwack? Or get LMIA?

thank you
Not suprised. Intended place is not going to change decision if you reapply. This is about the job offer. I mentioned in a previous post that job offer must meet the median income requirements for the NOC for Surrey. So employer must increase salary.

So a) find another job in Chilliwack the meets job offer requirements for PNP or b) LMIA - is employer willing to pay for and go through the process? Does employer meet requirements?

What is status now?

Sid Malhotra

Sep 10, 2020
Not suprised. Intended place is not going to change decision if you reapply. This is about the job offer. I mentioned in a previous post that job offer must meet the median income requirements for the NOC for Surrey. So employer must increase salary.

So a) find another job in Chilliwack the meets job offer requirements for PNP or b) LMIA - is employer willing to pay for and go through the process? Does employer meet requirements?

What is status now?
We already had the median income in the job offer and being a large employer, increasing the median income seems to be questioning the integrity of the employer. Might not do it for one case.

Employer meets the requirements and is willing to go for the LMIA process.

PS: Glad we have this forum as although how experienced you are there are scenarios we benefit from others experience. Appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

Thank you!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
We already had the median income in the job offer and being a large employer, increasing the median income seems to be questioning the integrity of the employer. Might not do it for one case.

Employer meets the requirements and is willing to go for the LMIA process.

PS: Glad we have this forum as although how experienced you are there are scenarios we benefit from others experience. Appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

Thank you!
You said in your first post - we applied for her BC PNPwith the job offer, however BC PNP came back mentioning that the minimum income for staying in Surrey is $49000 and the job offer has lesser salary.

So she is not eligible for BC PNP as it is based on job location not where you live. So if she wants to reapply with the same job offer she needs the minimum income.

If not, employer can consider filing for a LMIA. She must meet the median wage for the region. You say she meets that so you will have to wait and see if LMIA is approved so she can apply for a closed work permit. The process can be long.

Sid Malhotra

Sep 10, 2020
The job offer is appropriate for her as it base upon median wage. I did mention BCPNP came back that the minimum income was based upon a family of 4 for staying in Surrey and unfortunately the husband didn’t have a job as a visitor.

The job location was where the confusion was as I had the same understanding that BC PNP is based upon job location and then we were asked to clarify on place to stay and how would you commute et all.

The employer has been previously approved for LMIA, so I think that should help.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The job offer is appropriate for her as it base upon median wage. I did mention BCPNP came back that the minimum income was based upon a family of 4 for staying in Surrey and unfortunately the husband didn’t have a job as a visitor.

The job location was where the confusion was as I had the same understanding that BC PNP is based upon job location and then we were asked to clarify on place to stay and how would you commute et all.

The employer has been previously approved for LMIA, so I think that should help.
What is her status now? If employer has received a LMIA in the past that can be a positive. Hope it works out.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you. She is still on visitors.
Make sure that she doesn’t lose status is they have been in Canada for a while. Given LMIA and work permit processing times, she is going to be waiting quite a while. Her work permit will be processed from country of residence.