25-07-2011
Med's Done....
29-07-2011
Passport Req..
02-11-2011
LANDED..........
08-12-2011
Hi,

My friend is considering moving to BC with BC PNP business skill program.
I have consulted couple of people. They all think it is almost impossible to use IT company as the business.
Is it true??

Thanks,

Ryan

Westridge

Jun 24, 2013
Hi Ryan,

Yes it is true. The reason is very simple - IT business is very flexible and is out of borders. Your friend can do IT business from wherever he wants and generally speaking such activity doesn't require any working permit - who knows what you're doing? Today IT business is allocated around the world. For immigration your friend should demonstrate something more tangible. Another negative point of small IT business for immigration purposes - it doesn't require serious investments. However, if your friend wants to establish here multimillion entity like EA and provide local guys with a lot of working places - I'm pretty sure that it will be more than welcome. Hope this information is useful.

thanks,

Vladimir

TSN.IMM

May 4, 2013
Westridge said:
Hi Ryan,

Yes it is true. The reason is very simple - IT business is very flexible and is out of borders. Your friend can do IT business from wherever he wants and generally speaking such activity doesn't require any working permit - who knows what you're doing? Today IT business is allocated around the world. For immigration your friend should demonstrate something more tangible. Another negative point of small IT business for immigration purposes - it doesn't require serious investments. However, if your friend wants to establish here multimillion entity like EA and provide local guys with a lot of working places - I'm pretty sure that it will be more than welcome. Hope this information is useful.

thanks,

Vladimir
If it's the reasons as Westridge said, then i think the matter is how to present the business plan itself, not the matter of IT or not IT. Of course BC and CIC want to see the benefits your business can provide to BC and Canada, and if you can't show it, doesn't matter your business in IT or not, they will not accept. And vice versa. As an IT expert, applicant just needs to prove BC and CIC that IT business is not always intangible and unable to control, and more than that, it's desirable by many countries. And I think it is possible to do that.

trinhan5691

Jul 12, 2013
Hi,
I have two brother living in Surry, BC. I want to apply for Regional Business. I am a construction engineer, My business plan is Lanscaping & Roofing repaire. Am i succesful for this program?
Thanks.