+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP April 2014

param17

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
hello folks,

i have a question. hope someone can answer this question.
Form no- IMM0008 generic application form-
Question is under section language details (part 3)-- Have you taken a test from a designated testing agency to access your proficiency in English? yes/ No

I did ielts to get my student visa from my home country but that one got expired last year.I got 6.5 bands that time , so i know my proficiency in English . So what do you think i should write here . Yes or No ??

this seems to be confusing question .. Hope to get reply.

thanks.

hamzawali

Nov 4, 2012
Andy_sam said:
Hey hamzawali where r u locatd coz everyone here is either from metro vancouver or nearby areas
I located in calgary right now but if you know thatt prcessing time is 25 months. so what should i do.

Should i move to BC . if yes then which city? I heard that people who applied from Vancouver may be rejected. Because its a metropolitan city of BC. ISn't it right?

Andy_sam

Sep 15, 2014
hamzawali said:
I located in calgary right now but if you know thatt prcessing time is 25 months. so what should i do.

Should i move to BC . if yes then which city? I heard that people who applied from Vancouver may be rejected. Because its a metropolitan city of BC. ISn't it right?
Hi
I also live in metro vancouver . Never heard of anyone getting rejected coz of vancouver but there is some difference of rules of applying PNP living in metro van / lowermainland and outside. Bassically applicant need to be earning more if live in vancouver or surrounding areas. Though in BC PNP besides few categories everything depends on employer and its not easy to find employer in BC who is willing to support for PNP

param17

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Andy_sam said:
Hi
I also live in metro vancouver . Never heard of anyone getting rejected coz of vancouver but there is some difference of rules of applying PNP living in metro van / lowermainland and outside. Bassically applicant need to be earning more if live in vancouver or surrounding areas. Though in BC PNP besides few categories everything depends on employer and its not easy to find employer in BC who is willing to support for PNP
hey bro r u from vancouver??

kratos25

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
kamloops BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
DEC 2 2015
Doc's Request.
Aug 17 2016
Nomination.....
18-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-03-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Jan 4 2017
Med's Done....
jan 20 2017
Passport Req..
01-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
guys .. just need update my timeline... just got my AOR today.. after 2 weeks.. file number is more than 5000.. now its 20 to 24 weeks to go... waiting sucks eh??

LucaDI

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 30th 2014
AOR Received.
June 3rd 2014
First day without working. TWP expired yesterday. At home until further notice.
C'mon! they said 16 weeks, next week will be five months! Waiting for my Approval and meanwhile on unpaid vacation :(

Hopefully we are almost there

sjh

Sep 26, 2014
LucaDI said:
First day without working. TWP expired yesterday. At home until further notice.
C'mon! they said 16 weeks, next week will be five months! Waiting for my Approval and meanwhile on unpaid vacation :(

Hopefully we are almost there
I'm in the exact same situation. Visa extension (and hence Implied status) got rejected yesterday. it's now been 19 weeks since my PNP application was received!

Do you know if we have to visit the border to re-enter the country as a visitor, or are we ok just to wait until the PNP response comes back, then go to the border to get a new work permit?

skg1989

Star Member
Mar 7, 2014
surrey
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LucaDI said:
Hey Skg1989 it mostly depends on when you applied. it takes roughly 5 months to get the answer. If you are not sure about timing you might want to think about requesting implied status BEFORE your work permit expires (it will give you at least 8 more weeks).
Hello buddy
When did u requested the implied status. Can u give me some advice about that.
File recvied: 27 may
Fn: 29**

Wp expires 25 oct

sjh

Sep 26, 2014
skg1989 said:
Hello buddy
When did u requested the implied status. Can u give me some advice about that.
File recvied: 27 may
Fn: 29**

Wp expires 25 oct

You don't request implied status, you need to apply for an extension to your existing work permit.
Fill out the application, and send it by mail a couple of days before your permit runs out. Make sure you get a receipt that records when you sent it, and can track when it is received.
Once that's received by the visa office, you are under 'implied' status until they make a decision (currently about 7 weeks later.)
If you get your PNP while the application is being processed, you may be able to mail in the recommendation letter to accompany the extension application, or you may need to do a whole new application, I'm not sure on that one.

R1982

Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
?
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
PNP-30Apr.14
Doc's Request.
18Oct.2014
Nomination.....
11NOV.2014
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED
Med's Request
30April2015
Med's Done....
06May2015
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
16 Sept. 2015
VISA ISSUED...
21 Sept. 2015
LANDED..........
01 Oct. 2015 PR Card Received-13Jan.2016
zoenick said:
Just to keep you all informed, pnp contacted me this week requesting a document from employer. Once this is received they will make a decision or if not received decision will be made on 26th.

Application date 22nd April, file number high 2000s
Hi Zoenick
Did u get any news or email from BCPNP .....please update your information related your BC PNP Application .
Hope u get your bc pnp approval ....wish you good luck ...!!
Regards..!!

LucaDI

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 30th 2014
AOR Received.
June 3rd 2014
sjh said:
I'm in the exact same situation. Visa extension (and hence Implied status) got rejected yesterday. it's now been 19 weeks since my PNP application was received!

Do you know if we have to visit the border to re-enter the country as a visitor, or are we ok just to wait until the PNP response comes back, then go to the border to get a new work permit?
hi sjh, we just need to wait, we have 90 days since the TWP has expired. as soon as we get the BC PNP paper we can go to the border and renew the WP. Hopefully will be pretty soon. It 'd be great to know if anyone who applied after april 20th has updates regarding hs/her bc pnp

skg1989

Star Member
Mar 7, 2014
surrey
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LucaDI said:
hi sjh, we just need to wait, we have 90 days since the TWP has expired. as soon as we get the BC PNP paper we can go to the border and renew the WP. Hopefully will be pretty soon. It 'd be great to know if anyone who applied after april 20th has updates regarding hs/her bc pnp

Fingers crossed!! I hope i get approved, but one should look at all aspects, wht if its refused and my wrk permit expires.any suggestions!!

LucaDI

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 30th 2014
AOR Received.
June 3rd 2014
skg1989 said:
Fingers crossed!! I hope i get approved, but one should look at all aspects, wht if its refused and my wrk permit expires.any suggestions!!
if so it's a big big problema... :eek:

zoenick

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Good News i received support letter by email today.

Application 22nd April
request for signed documentation from employer on 15th Sept
returned Documents on 24th Sept ( received out of office until 29th)
Support letter received 29th Sept by email.
Advised pack will take 4 weeks to arrive in post.