+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC- FAMILY SPONSORSHIP? IS IT STILL AVAILABLE?

pps

Jun 1, 2010
Hi everyone,

In Alberta, they stopped/hold the sponsorship under family stream.. in BC, is it still okay to apply there the sponsorship of a relative under family stream? I am in AB now but my relatives are in BC and they are willing to sponsor me.. is it still possible? anyone, please let me know.. thank you..

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BC never had a family stream under their PNP. The only provinces that have had family stream under their PNP's as far as I know are Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.

Your BC relatives could possibly help you find an employer who is willing to give you a job offer and with a job offer, you could apply under PNP employer driven stream.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Leon said:
BC never had a family stream under their PNP. The only provinces that have had family stream under their PNP's as far as I know are Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.

Your BC relatives could possibly help you find an employer who is willing to give you a job offer and with a job offer, you could apply under PNP employer driven stream.
They have family stream under PNP in Newfoundland.
I know that is beside the point but I wanted to post in case anyone is was needing to know.

emanager

Mar 29, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
They have family stream under PNP in Newfoundland.
I know that is beside the point but I wanted to post in case anyone is was needing to know.
hi

If your family member is outside canada, how long they take to nominate the member and how long do i need to live in Newfoundland before i apply nomination of my family member who is outside of canada?

thanks in advance

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The Newfoundland family program is discontinued, see http://www.nlpnp.ca/family.html

However, SK and Manitoba still have them. You would have to live in the province as a PR for at least 1 year before applying. Your relative would have to meet requirements like education, at least 1 year, work experience 1-2 years, age limits, funds etc. In SK they would also need a skilled job offer. In MB you would need to write up a settlement plan on how you intend to help your family member settle in MB. Your family member needs to be closely related, parent, child, sibling, uncle, aunt, nephew, niece or first cousin.

I do not know how long they take to nominate the person but getting their PR can easily take 1-2 years depending on the processing visa office.

emanager

Mar 29, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
The Newfoundland family program is discontinued, see http://www.nlpnp.ca/family.html

However, SK and Manitoba still have them. You would have to live in the province as a PR for at least 1 year before applying. Your relative would have to meet requirements like education, at least 1 year, work experience 1-2 years, age limits, funds etc. In SK they would also need a skilled job offer. In MB you would need to write up a settlement plan on how you intend to help your family member settle in MB. Your family member needs to be closely related, parent, child, sibling, uncle, aunt, nephew, niece or first cousin.

I do not know how long they take to nominate the person but getting their PR can easily take 1-2 years depending on the processing visa office.
The time they are taking in SK to nominate is uncertain but they themself telling people that we have 1 and a half year waiting in family cases of nomination, plus they are reluctant now, population here is sk increased vigrously and cities were not developed like that as well as people took very wrong advantage of this family stream of SINP so its got very strict now, I think manitoba program is still good and you can help a friend of yours if you are living in manitoba.