+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC driving license

low

Star Member
Dec 31, 2009
Hi...just want to share my personal experience about getting a Class 5 driving license here in BC.

Plse make this a top priority as you can only drive for 90 days with your country license in BC. Once you passed the knowledge test, get yourself a qualified driving instructor to point out your driving bad habits and how to pass the road test. Unless you are very very familiar about Canadian driving, it is best to invest that money and pass the road test at 1st attempt. Why? Because if you fail, your country driving license will be taken away and you will be issued a Learner's Driving License which comes with restrictions which means your mobility will be restricted. You may re take the road test after a week or 2 but in the meantime, your mobility is affected not o mention the additional $50 that you need to pay for the 2nd road test.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But, if the traffic police made a mistake, you might be able to drive less than the posted 90 days with your country license in BC and your out-of-province driver license might be seized such that you can even drive in your home country!

low

Star Member
Dec 31, 2009
Thanks for adding that point, Steaky. Ya... I can't even drive if I decide to go back to my origin country for vacation!

Anyhow, just to share with all.... I finally passed my road test today and it does make a difference whether u got a good or bad instructor. Here's the contact number for the good instructor if anyone is interested to engage his service.

His name is Michael (778) 879-6661

Good luck to all, and I hope that someone can learn and benefit from my bad experience and avoid the stress and inconvenience which my family and I had to endure :)

Ran4724

Aug 28, 2022
Thanks for adding that point, Steaky. Ya... I can't even drive if I decide to go back to my origin country for vacation!

Anyhow, just to share with all.... I finally passed my road test today and it does make a difference whether u got a good or bad instructor. Here's the contact number for the good instructor if anyone is interested to engage his service.

His name is Michael (778) 879-6661

Good luck to all, and I hope that someone can learn and benefit from my bad experience and avoid the stress and inconvenience which my family and I had to endure :)

za_skrub

Star Member
Sep 13, 2020
Hi I want to know did you passed your knowledge test in first attempt
Knowledge test is pretty easy imo, you can use the day before to cram for it. Just go through the book and do loads of mock exams (there are official / unofficial apps for that.) You do have to keep in mind various speed limits - some are implicit and you need to follow them when you drive on the road / for road test.

za_skrub

Star Member
Sep 13, 2020
I concur. You need to brush up your parallel parking skills, etch on your memory ALWAYS PERFORM SHOULDER CHECKS etc lol. Spend the money just for not having to regret later.

Ran4724

Aug 28, 2022
Knowledge test is pretty easy imo, you can use the day before to cram for it. Just go through the book and do loads of mock exams (there are official / unofficial apps for that.) You do have to keep in mind various speed limits - some are implicit and you need to follow them when you drive on the road / for road test.

Ran4724

Aug 28, 2022
Like I was curious. I have license from india which is 3 years old .. I appeared for 5/7 test and fail . I was looking would they again verify my indian license or can send for verification… or the verification is done first time and this time