+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Basic questions while landing in Canada(toronto)

madhura3082

Dec 15, 2010
Dear All,

I have been refering to this website for a long time now. And have been a great fan of this forum !
Thanks a lot for the loads of information, mentioned on this website. Thanks to each one who contributes in making this website an encyclopedia for all novices like me.
I have some basic questions to all of you. These might sound basic, but are as of now the road blocks for me.

So requst your intervention to get more clarity and have less surprises at the POE.
I have tried my best to search the answers for these questions, Incase its already discussed, pls share the link. Thanks.

1. Can we give hotel / service apt address to receive the PR cards ?
2. The website (cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-border-interview.asp)states that "reference letter from Auto insurance company.? can you please elaborate ? is it the same which we need to take from driving License granting govt. dept ?
3. 10k is for per person, which is allowed right ? now , I will be travelling with my Spouse and 2 year old son. Hence, can how many $ can i take for my 2 yr old son ?
4. We have all our docs in place.....but still evryones worst nightmare question: <Worst Case Scene > What if someone fails the POE interview ? is another visa issued to him ?
Thanks for all the detailed info and great support !

Regards,

jimmy_kallarackal

Star Member
Apr 26, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 29 2010
Med's Request
March-16-2011
Med's Done....
April-18-2011
Passport Req..
18-May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-June-2011
LANDED..........
27-Oct-2011
madhura3082 said:
Dear All,

I have been refering to this website for a long time now. And have been a great fan of this forum !
Thanks a lot for the loads of information, mentioned on this website. Thanks to each one who contributes in making this website an encyclopedia for all novices like me.
I have some basic questions to all of you. These might sound basic, but are as of now the road blocks for me.

So requst your intervention to get more clarity and have less surprises at the POE.
I have tried my best to search the answers for these questions, Incase its already discussed, pls share the link. Thanks.

1. Can we give hotel / service apt address to receive the PR cards ?

Its at your own risk, Hotel address wont be acceptable, appartment address would be acceptable but you have to inform at landing that you will be staying there only.....

2. The website (cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-border-interview.asp)states that "reference letter from Auto insurance company.? can you please elaborate ? is it the same which we need to take from driving License granting govt. dept ?

I didnt get your question.. I think you are talking about the insurance letter from your country which proves that you were driving since long and no major claims done by you...

3. 10k is for per person, which is allowed right ? now , I will be travelling with my Spouse and 2 year old son. Hence, can how many $ can i take for my 2 yr old son ?

No.. For single person when he is entering its above 11000 around 11300 which he or she carries as proof of funds and as you are family i think it would be around 13000/-, its mentioned on cic.gc.ca you can check on it....

4. We have all our docs in place.....but still evryones worst nightmare question: <Worst Case Scene > What if someone fails the POE interview ? is another visa issued to him ?

No scope of failing at canada airport as they are really supportive, if your documents and funds you carry according to there requirement and all things are genuine then nothing to worryy...
Wish you best of luck..

Thanks for all the detailed info and great support !

Regards,