Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2014
Med's Done....
13-02-2014
hi gang,

i have a few questions while filling out the family class sponsorship applications for my thai wife while i am in thailand for a visit.

Question 1:
in the document 3999E PART 2: THE IMMIGRANT'S GUIDE ---> IMM 0008, it is asking for the total of all family members whether accompanying you to canada or not...

Write the total number of people included in your application, including yourself and any family members, whether they are accompanying you to Canada or not.

and in the actual application form IM0008, it reads to me like it is only asking for the number of people actually applying for permanent residency in canada...

How many family members (including yourself) are included in this application for permanent residence in Canada?

Question 2:
IMM0008_1e Question 7. Personal details of your father

my wife's father is estranged to her and her mother. she can't provide all of the details, basically date of birth and even whether deceased or not. she does have a step-father however that she has known and has been a part of her life for 25 years. would it be alright to use his information in place of her natural father? if not, is it going to be a problem to send in the application without her father's date of birth?

Question 03:
my wife's has worked since she was 16 (now 30) and in many different jobs over the years. most of the jobs were in small mom & pop type factories that were (for lack of a better word) less than legitimate, i believe to avoid paying taxes & the correct minimum wage, etc. it seems like it is a very normal thing here in thailand.

so the real question is, my wife can't provide proper company names or even addresses for the factories she has worked in over the years. she can provide locations in the city where she worked as well as lived. we have worked a time line for my wife's work history but it does look pretty spotty as far as details go. will this be a problem during processing?

Question 4:
My wife's family lives in a very remote village. as far as the pictures required for family members, will it a problem if i take the pictures myself (following the guidelines listed) & edit & get them printed at a photo shop? getting the whole family to a town where passport type photos can be taken will prove to be quite a challenge.

also with regards to the photos, the guide listing photo details says the photos must be 35mm X 45mm, however the size of the actual sample in the guide is about 41mm x 52mm (off the top of my head). is the sample in the guide not to scale and just there to show the sizes that must be submitted?

i know this is a very long post & i really appreciate any answers of suggestions anyone has about the questions i have, so far...

cheers,
thaitang

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
naphelge said:
hi gang,

i have a few questions while filling out the family class sponsorship applications for my thai wife while i am in thailand for a visit.

Question 1:
in the document 3999E PART 2: THE IMMIGRANT'S GUIDE ---> IMM 0008, it is asking for the total of all family members whether accompanying you to canada or not...

Write the total number of people included in your application, including yourself and any family members, whether they are accompanying you to Canada or not.

and in the actual application form IM0008, it reads to me like it is only asking for the number of people actually applying for permanent residency in canada...

How many family members (including yourself) are included in this application for permanent residence in Canada?

Question 2:
IMM0008_1e Question 7. Personal details of your father

my wife's father is estranged to her and her mother. she can't provide all of the details, basically date of birth and even whether deceased or not. she does have a step-father however that she has known and has been a part of her life for 25 years. would it be alright to use his information in place of her natural father? if not, is it going to be a problem to send in the application without her father's date of birth?

Question 03:
my wife's has worked since she was 16 (now 30) and in many different jobs over the years. most of the jobs were in small mom & pop type factories that were (for lack of a better word) less than legitimate, i believe to avoid paying taxes & the correct minimum wage, etc. it seems like it is a very normal thing here in thailand.

so the real question is, my wife can't provide proper company names or even addresses for the factories she has worked in over the years. she can provide locations in the city where she worked as well as lived. we have worked a time line for my wife's work history but it does look pretty spotty as far as details go. will this be a problem during processing?

Question 4:
My wife's family lives in a very remote village. as far as the pictures required for family members, will it a problem if i take the pictures myself (following the guidelines listed) & edit & get them printed at a photo shop? getting the whole family to a town where passport type photos can be taken will prove to be quite a challenge.

also with regards to the photos, the guide listing photo details says the photos must be 35mm X 45mm, however the size of the actual sample in the guide is about 41mm x 52mm (off the top of my head). is the sample in the guide not to scale and just there to show the sizes that must be submitted?

i know this is a very long post & i really appreciate any answers of suggestions anyone has about the questions i have, so far...

cheers,
thaitang
1. If it is just your wife then the answer is 1. and question 2 is also 1.
2. No put the details as known and include a note that they have been separated for 25 years.
3. Include as much as you can in the work history, again attach an explanation.
4. You don't require photos of her family for the 5406
5. The photo size is 45x35 and minimum head size is 25-35
6. Your second post states she has a daughter, so she has to be included in the application, which means the answer to Queston 1& 2 is 2.
7. The daughter also has to complete the application and a separate 5406 which shows her parentage.
8. You will need to get the passport and send copies of front. You can wait, but it will delay the application.

PMM

naphelge

Jun 11, 2007
Bangkok, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2014
Med's Done....
13-02-2014
hi PMM,

TYVM for your reply. all of your answers are very clear and make sense except i should have been more clear myself about the photo requirements for her family (who are NOT accompanying her & her daughter).

on the form IMM0008egen we have answered all of the information with regards to her family. at the bottom of that form is space reserved for pictures for each family member we have provided details for. this is where i got the idea that we will require photos of her family.

anyway we leave for her hometown today for another visit & i will take the pictures regardless just in case we need them.

if not it's no big deal for me to take them anyways.

cheers,
keith

Gdaymate

Star Member
Sep 26, 2007
Hi naphelge

You are misunderstanding the definition of "family" on Form IM0008. The definition is provided in the second sentance (the one in bold) at the top of the page.

For the purpose of this form, your wife's "family" is:
- her spouse/common-law partner
- her dependent children
- dependent children of her spouse/common-law partner

AND of these family members, you must list only those that are not already Canadian PRs or citizens.

Please note, there is no mention of your wife's parents, brothers or sisters or any other relatives so they do not need to be included here.

So your wife has two family members: 1 = you, 1 = her daughter. Since you are the sponsor you are clearly either a PR or citizen so you should not be listed here.

That leaves your wife's daughter. Fill in the form and provide a photo accordingly!

Hope that helps.

naphelge

Jun 11, 2007
Bangkok, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2014
Med's Done....
13-02-2014
hi gdaymate,

it all makes sense now, thanks for the help.

i do have another question as me & my wife have just about finished filling in all of the forms for both of us before i leave her again to go home for awhile.

IMM5504E Question 8. Have you resided in countries other than Canada?

in my mind i was abroad traveling for a period of about 3 ears when i met my wife. after we became a couple, she quit her job & stayed with me in hotels while i continued to travel. i was in one town in the same hotel room for about 4 months while i was diving. after that, i went to stay with her in her apartment in bangkok for a year while we continued to travel around some, but basically stayed around bangkok.

although i didn't have any address back in canada while i was traveling, i had every intention of returning to canada after i ran out of money while traveling, which is what i did. so i consider that period of traveling an elongated holiday. would anyone consider my time spent with my wife (girlfriend at the time) as actually living in thailand for the purpose of the sponsorship forms for a spouse goes?

for now i have just entered that i haven't lived in other countries other than canada.

thanks,
naphelge