26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
Svet_diom said:
It really depends what you need...if you care about your money, most certainly a similar apartment in a highrise building will cost much more. Basement apartments come with perks, such as furniture, paid utilities, cable, internet, parking spots and owners can throw in even linens, and kitchen ware.

I have a large basement apartment like this and I have welcomed recent immigrants before. The latest tenants just found jobs in the other side of the GTA and are moving out on April 1st.

If you have friends who are looking for a place that is an all inclusive deal and like to live in comfort tell them to get in touch with me svet_diom @ yahoo.com
Where is your basement located (street)? What is the monthly rent and what is included?

Also I hope this is without contract.

Regards,

Hasni

Champion Member
May 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
28.11.2013 by the grace of Allah SWT
It really surprises me to see lot of people saying here that basements are comparatively cheaper than condos / apartments. I have worked a lot on this and found out that you can max save 150 to 200 bucks by opting a basement but on the other hand comprOmise on so many things. You can get a reasonable rental apartment for 1200 to 1300 which includes all the utilities, gives you ultimate privacy, security , independent control over heating / cooling, nearby groceries and schools (in terms of convenience i have noticed that most of the rental apartment are ideally located). A big plus is on site management, they ensure fixing any issue relating to your apartment rightaway. Would always recommend a rental apartment over a basement. Not intended to offend anyone living in basement, just my opinion.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hasni said:
It really surprises me to see lot of people saying here that basements are comparatively cheaper than condos / apartments. I have worked a lot on this and found out that you can max save 150 to 200 bucks by opting a basement but on the other hand comprOmise on so many things. You can get a reasonable rental apartment for 1200 to 1300 which includes all the utilities, gives you ultimate privacy, security , independent control over heating / cooling, nearby groceries and schools (in terms of convenience i have noticed that most of the rental apartment are ideally located). A big plus is on site management, they ensure fixing any issue relating to your apartment rightaway. Would always recommend a rental apartment over a basement. Not intended to offend anyone living in basement, just my opinion.
Ofcourse apartments are better...thats why they cost more. The bottom line is whether the 150 to 250 savings per month matter to you or not. Each one can do the maths and figure out his best option.

afhhfyyj

Mar 31, 2014
Svet_diom said:
It really depends what you need...if you care about your money, most certainly a similar apartment in a highrise building will cost much more. Basement apartments come with perks, such as furniture, paid utilities, cable, internet, parking spots and owners can throw in even linens, and kitchen ware.

I have a large basement apartment like this and I have welcomed recent immigrants before. The latest tenants just found jobs in the other side of the GTA and are moving out on April 1st.

If you have friends who are looking for a place that is an all inclusive deal and like to live in comfort tell them to get in touch with me svet_diom @ yahoo.com
Hello sir
I have gained admission in Red river college, Notre Dame, Winnipeg and my program starts this August. I will be arriving on August 5th. I m however facing problems arranging my accomodation near Notre Dame . Do you have contact of any girls with vacancies in their apartments or anyone who could accomodate me for a few days in basements etc. till i make my friends and find a house??? I would consider it a great favour on your part

afhhfyyj

Mar 31, 2014
PLZ elaborate..Do basements have separate kitchens, washrooms and most importantly separate rooms or people are clubbed into one???

afhhfyyj

Mar 31, 2014
emamabd said:
Ofcourse apartments are better...thats why they cost more. The bottom line is whether the 150 to 250 savings per month matter to you or not. Each one can do the maths and figure out his best option.
PLZ elaborate..Do basements have separate kitchens, washrooms and most importantly separate rooms or people are clubbed into one???

afhhfyyj

Mar 31, 2014
Hasni said:

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
afhhfyyj said:
Hello sir
I have gained admission in Red river college, Notre Dame, Winnipeg and my program starts this August. I will be arriving on August 5th. I m however facing problems arranging my accomodation near Notre Dame . Do you have contact of any girls with vacancies in their apartments or anyone who could accomodate me for a few days in basements etc. till i make my friends and find a house??? I would consider it a great favour on your part
Do you really think that poster (who looks like living in Toronto area) could help you with your housing needs in Winnipeg? Toronto is in the province of Ontario and Winnipeg is in the province of Manitoba.

Like I said before, you have to really view the places before you know it suits your needs or not. Some basement comes with separate entrances, kitchen, washrooms and thermo control; while others does not.

BTW, why don't send multiple post to the college for enquiries of student housing instead?

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
afhhfyyj said:
there are many available options for basement accomodation, you can find those which are very small (1 bedroom with a kitchen and bathroom) and spacious ones too...i.e. 2 bedroom with a bathroom and kitchen and even own entrance - through the back yard of the house.

You can also opt for shared accomodation if you want but ofcourse in this case you'll compromise your privacy and maybe even your own "peace of mind" if your other mates are noisy.

As you'll be going to winnipeg, my suggestion will be to book a room in some guest house for - lets say 1 week - and then try your best to find long term accomodation within that period. You have a better chance of securing accomodation when you are in the country and the landlords can "see" you and get a feel of what type of person you are...that would go a long way in them "agreeing" to sign the lease with you.

anyway..thats just my suggestion - i do understand that you - or other members might have different opinions. Good luck..