31-12-2012
IELTS Request
N/A (IELTS wasn't needed)
Med's Request
13-05-13
Med's Done....
3-06-13
Hi there,

This inquiry is regarding a friend of mine. She came to Canada in 2001 and got her citizenship in 2011.

In 2002, she tried to illegally cross from Canada to US without a US visit visa and was consequently banned for 5 years (from 2002-2007). She did this to meet her husband who was working in US at the time.

Then in 2009, after the 5 year ban was uplifted she again tried to cross the US border without a US visa, again got a ban but this time for 10 years. She did this because she had to get the immigration landing process done for her daughter and had to drive her through there to the US border.

Sometime back she had also applied for a visit visa which was refused by the US embassy on the grounds that she might not leave US and return back to Canada.

Now her father-in-law is in extremely bad health in US and she deeply desires to visit him but the current US ban prevents her from doing so.

Is there any work around by which she can visit her father-in-law in US? Is there any kind of pardon she can apply for?

I know she screwed-up twice but trying to see if there's anything that can be done for her.

I appreciate you taking the time to read this and share your perspectives.

Thank you

Cheers :)

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
You should post this on a US immigration site as this site is for people trying to get in to canada

Caribou

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jagota_j said:
Hi there,

This inquiry is regarding a friend of mine. She came to Canada in 2001 and got her citizenship in 2011.

In 2002, she tried to illegally cross from Canada to US without a US visit visa and was consequently banned for 5 years (from 2002-2007). She did this to meet her husband who was working in US at the time.

Then in 2009, after the 5 year ban was uplifted she again tried to cross the US border without a US visa, again got a ban but this time for 10 years. She did this because she had to get the immigration landing process done for her daughter and had to drive her through there to the US border.

Sometime back she had also applied for a visit visa which was refused by the US embassy on the grounds that she might not leave US and return back to Canada.

Now her father-in-law is in extremely bad health in US and she deeply desires to visit him but the current US ban prevents her from doing so.

Is there any work around by which she can visit her father-in-law in US? Is there any kind of pardon she can apply for?

I know she screwed-up twice but trying to see if there's anything that can be done for her.

Thank you

Uh... Doesn't she have a Canadian passport now?

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Wow seems like she is making bad choices one after another.
Obviously if you ask her, she will say her reasons. But she always could have waited, instead of trying to ''invade'' US illegally.

Nothing can be done, other than trying to enter US again. Since she is a citizen now, she might be able to enter.
Though the 10 year ban will lift at 2019.

I really doubt her chances, they will just send her back to Canada.

Pardon works when you make a mistake, not when you keep making mistakes.

My advice, don't go to US till 2019.
If you have to go there, explain the situation, though very little hope of getting entry.

Hopefulagain

Apr 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jagota_j said:
Hi there,

Thank you

I believe there has to be more to this story that what you have been informed. When u go to the border to complete your landing formalities, from what I understand, they give you an administrative refusal and send you back.........to land. They dont ban you for 10 years. So if they did ban her for 10 years, there must be something there which you have not be told about.

I do agree with iamroth. I dont see any reason why they will allow her in. She has lied about her intention ---- 2wice. It will be nearly next to impossible to convince them of her truthfulness now.

However, there is no harm in trying. She should apply for visa at her nearest embassy and then try and explain the situation to them. If she gets a sympathetic VO, thats her good luck, but she should not hold her breath.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Caribou said:
Uh... Doesn't she have a Canadian passport now?
Doesn't matter. Ban still applies.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jagota_j said:
Hi there,

Thank you

I suggest her to cross illegally again. This time the next ban for 15 years will overlap with the previous 10 years one so she won't risk much. Also i heard the Mexiacan Los Zetas looking for couriers so in the same time she might want to make a delivery , so called , killing two rabbits in the same time while she is crossing illegally...

Sorry, a silly question draws silly answer :) A ban is a ban, she is lucky her Canadian PR is not being investigated due to her immigration issues, I am sure there would be something to look for...I suggest she lies low.

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
iamroth said:
Wow seems like she is making bad choices one after another.
My advice, don't go to US till 2019.
If you have to go there, explain the situation, though very little hope of getting entry.
Agree with your assessment! There is little hope here, as this wasnt their first violation. They have deep pockets for a very good lawyer? But even then, its going to be hard to explain why they did it not once, but twice. Lost all credibility with the authorities, as this will remain a flag for a very long time.

A family acquaintance of ours also experienced this....where the person tried to sell a lie about having funds in a bank account, which they didnt. They relied on the fact that no one would check. Well, they did check and issued a 10 year ban. The ban still stands.

And I'm sorry if this sounds rude, but I cant feel any sympathy here. We are all trying to do the right thing and immigrate legally. While I understand the difficulties of not being able to see friends or family due to some arbitrary situation, it does not excuse the persons behavior. Especially when there are so many of us that are sacrificing the same or even more so that we can live in these countries. Whats more, as public servant I applaud the authorities for enforcing this. And I'm sorry if that makes you or anyone else feel resentment, but the law is the law. And no matter how my or anybody elses case turns out, there is always another option, aside from breaking the law.

jagota_j

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2012
Nomination.....
31-12-2012
IELTS Request
N/A (IELTS wasn't needed)
Med's Request
13-05-13
Med's Done....
3-06-13
@CEC2013, sashali78, scylla, Hopefulagain, iamroth, Caribou, lpc19800: I appreciate you sharing your perspectives :)
@Caribou: yes, she does have the passport now
@lpc19800: Thank you, I posted it off there too :)