+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Banned for misrepresentation

notRainier

Dec 11, 2023
Hi all, I am sharing my details to ask for your opinions and suggestions

1) Applied for SP & OWP last October 31, 2022 (from the Philippines)

2) We presented the following funds.
a) 1 year tuition and GIC
b) Three (3) commercial banks
c) One (1) government savings program
d) Equities and Cryptocurrencies
e) One (1) rural bank

3) It seems IRCC has limited access to Philippine Rural Banks thus we were given a procedural fairness letter last March 2023 mainly asking about the rural bank. Logically, we have enough funds sans this rural bank but were given a PFL regardless.

4) We have submitted a complete money trail (cheques & bank statements) of the rural bank last April 2023. Also, we offered to pay our second-year tuition and open another GIC if they give us an email sanctioning it.

5) Rural bank time deposit reached maturity last August 2023 and we transferred it back to one of our commercial banks. We sent IRCC all the documents regarding the change that transpired. We also reapplied (2nd lodging) with the same funds without the rural bank but the second application was probably tagged because of the existing PFL.

6) Banned for misrepresentation this December 11,2023 on the first app.

All funds are still intact. I don't know if they ever read my replies as it seems IRCC is prejudiced against rural banks and those who have them. Thank you for your replies. Suggestions would be welcome.

SP has the misrepresentation letter but i assume OWP is banned as well in connection. Am i right with this?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

e) One (1) rural bank

3) It seems IRCC has limited access to Philippine Rural Banks thus we were given a procedural fairness letter last March 2023 mainly asking about the rural bank. Logically, we have enough funds sans this rural bank but were given a PFL regardless.

4) We have submitted a complete money trail (cheques & bank statements) of the rural bank last April 2023. Also, we offered to pay our second-year tuition and open another GIC if they give us an email sanctioning it.

5) Rural bank time deposit reached maturity last August 2023 and we transferred it back to one of our commercial banks. We sent IRCC all the documents regarding the change that transpired. We also reapplied (2nd lodging) with the same funds without the rural bank but the second application was probably tagged because of the existing PFL.

All funds are still intact. I don't know if they ever read my replies as it seems IRCC is prejudiced against rural banks and those who have them. Thank you for your replies. Suggestions would be welcome.

SP has the misrepresentation letter but i assume OWP is banned as well in connection. Am i right with this?
Yes - you are right about the ban extending to the OWP. The OWP can't be approved without the SP anyway.

As said in your other thread, the only option you have at this point is to hire an immigration lawyer in Canada to try to overturn the ban.

notRainier

Dec 11, 2023
Yes - you are right about the ban extending to the OWP. The OWP can't be approved without the SP anyway.

As said in your other thread, the only option you have at this point is to hire an immigration lawyer in Canada to try to overturn the ban.
Thank you for replying.

Sorry to be exact I ,as the OWP, am likewise banned for 5 years from Canada? I was planning to be just the student since the prior 2 applications was not moving and the sunk cost fallacy. Then got banned. (SP has the ban letter, OWP does not)

I was thinking on just continuing with the student permit myself and let my wife weather it out for 5 years.

Yeah seems hiring a lawyer is our only choice. I should go look for lawyers now while I'm waiting for our GCMS notes. By any chance are there high percentages of cases like these that are overturned?

What an unfortunate and expensive turn of events.

Thank you very much once again.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for replying.

Sorry to be exact I ,as the OWP, am likewise banned for 5 years from Canada? I was planning to be just the student since the prior 2 applications was not moving and the sunk cost fallacy. Then got banned. (SP has the ban letter, OWP does not)

I was thinking on just continuing with the student permit myself and let my wife weather it out for 5 years.

Yeah seems hiring a lawyer is our only choice. I should go look for lawyers now while I'm waiting for our GCMS notes. By any chance are there high percentages of cases like these that are overturned?

What an unfortunate and expensive turn of events.

Thank you very much once again.
To the best of my knowledge you are inadmissible as well as the spouse.

The chances of overturning a misrepresentation ban in general are low. No one is going to be able to comment on the chances for cases like yours.

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
The 5 year ban applies to all visas and immigration applications. You are inadmissible until the ban is over. So you cannot enter Canada until after the ban.

xander78

Nov 17, 2023
Sorry to see this happened...

Could someone please fill me in why it would be a misrepresentation?

e) One (1) rural bank

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

I presume the allegation is that the information from the 'rural bank' was fake. Presenting fake information is misrepresentation.

But no, I do not know this. I am only guessing based on the limited information above.

Plus the information that IRCC maintains/distributes internally country profiles outlining areas of concern. I've not seen for PH but have for other countries where commonly falsified (fake) documents are flagged for officers.

(I don't have special access, some lawyers and consultants track these down through freedom of information requests and sometimes post them on Xitter, etc).

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

IRCC thinks the bank statement is fake because other applicants have submitted fake bank statements with this bank's name.

xander78

Nov 17, 2023
This does not make sense... just because one fake statement then to overrule all related applicants... that is absurd to me

IRCC thinks the bank statement is fake because other applicants have submitted fake bank statements with this bank's name.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
This does not make sense... just because one fake statement then to overrule all related applicants... that is absurd to me
One fake statement wouldn't do it. Safe to assume there's been a lot more than just one.

notRainier

Dec 11, 2023
Hi all,

Once again, thank you for those who replied to my questions.

Any and all rural/cooperative are getting PFL's. I had talks with other applications who likewise had paid 1year tuition and GIC in advance and got banned all the same due to the presence of rural/cooperative banks. ALL cooperative banks be it private or central bank of the PH supervised gets one.

And yes all of the PFL alleges fraudulent banks. Also, I've seen other get their approval on a subsequent app after withdrawal of the funds in the banks in question (two app running concurrently) provided they applied before the PFL gets to the first application.

Its a hit and miss some get PFL after approval. Some after PPR and got stamped cancelled without prejudice. Some got emails before their flight that "don't use your visa here yet you are under checking". All of this due to the existence of rural/cooperative banks

While I understand the cause of my delay, I really hoped that they were prudent enough to think that there are legitimate applications out there.

GlendaCadiz

Dec 26, 2023

e) One (1) rural bank

Sorry to hear this , I heard lots of horror stories about rural Bank and cooperative bank stories with PFL

MAybe consult an Immigration lawyer to fight for the case ?.