+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Banned for 5 years ?

Ro2703

Mar 20, 2023
Hello everyone
My x-wife got a refusal and Ban for 5 years for misinterpretation(work experience) on her PR file on March 2023 under section A40(2).
I was a dependant on her file that time but I had filed my divorce on Dec 2022. My question is does the Ban applies to me as well?
I haven't received any letter from cic so not sure about it.
Your answers will help me alot. Thank you all in advance.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Hello everyone
My x-wife got a refusal and Ban for 5 years for misinterpretation(work experience) on her PR file on March 2023 under section A40(2).
I was a dependant on her file that time but I had filed my divorce on Dec 2022. My question is does the Ban applies to me as well?
damn, have you read the ex's refusal letter? and check the clauses mentioned on it with immigration rules of Canada.
check this out @cansha @GandiBaat @Naturgrl @wonderbly

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1083629

Hello everyone
Did you inform IRCC about your divorce and did IRCC acknowledged that y'all are divorced BEFORE she got a ban? If yes, then you have nothing to worry about. If no, then you are banned for 5 years as well.

Most likely, she received PFL before December 2022. Y'all decided to get divorced so if she is banned, you can go to Canada, get established, and then bring her after 5 years. Correct? ))

Ro2703

Mar 20, 2023
Did you inform IRCC about your divorce and did IRCC acknowledged that y'all are divorced BEFORE she got a ban? If yes, then you have nothing to worry about. If no, then you are banned for 5 years as well.

Most likely, she received PFL before December 2022. Y'all decided to get divorced so if she is banned, you can go to Canada, get established, and then bring her after 5 years. Correct? ))
I had no knowledge about the updates on this file. She never shared till this final refusal letter. We have been separated for 2 years. So divorce is final. Nothing was planned.
I did not inform IRCC because I had no file access.

D

Deleted member 1083629

I had no knowledge about the updates on this file. She never shared till this final refusal letter. We have been separated for 2 years. So divorce is final. Nothing was planned.
So, y'all applied as married couple, got separated, were separated for 2 years (something is fishy here as very few applications were in process for 2 years with no updates even during the COVID), got divorced and NEVER informed IRCC about any of that, correct?

If PA/SA gets banned, dependents get banned. You are most likely banned for 5 years as you were SA in your wife's profile. It sucks that she never shared anything with you and you didn't know that you had to update IRCC but it is what it is.

Reactions: dankboi

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
she should've updated on the application, removed you from the app. i think it was possible.
i think if you were included in the application while the refusal happened it will affect you as well. : (

D

Deleted member 1083629

i wonder if she did that on purpose! : 0
I don't want to be that guy but after talking to many immigrants who came to Canada recently and hearing how they cheated the system, I doubt that the whole story is true. However, if it's true, then she definitely did it on purpose. Everything. Lying about work experience, not informing IRCC about separation/divorce, not informing her ex-husband until it's too late.

Ro2703

Mar 20, 2023
So, y'all applied as married couple, got separated, were separated for 2 years (something is fishy here as very few applications were in process for 2 years with no updates even during the COVID), got divorced and NEVER informed IRCC about any of that, correct?

If PA/SA gets banned, dependents get banned. You are most likely banned for 5 years as you were SA in your wife's profile. It sucks that she never shared anything with you and you didn't know that you had to update IRCC but it is what it is.
U are correct on what u stated up. Yeh I guess it's bad for me.
Hopefully there is a way.
Thank you.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Did you inform IRCC about the divorce in Dec 2022? If not, then you are banned as well.
Where you planning to still enter Canada with her as a spouse, even though you've been separated for 2 YEARS and divorced for 3 months?

Ro2703

Mar 20, 2023
Did you inform IRCC about the divorce in Dec 2022? If not, then you are banned as well.
Where you planning to still enter Canada with her as a spouse, even though you've been separated for 2 YEARS and divorced for 3 months?
I didn't inform IRCC.
Not at all. Iam not planning to enter Canada with her. Our divorce is final.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Hello everyone
Okay first thing first.

1. When did you both apply for PR?
2. At the time when you both applied, were you married, separated or divorced?
3. Were you aware of application? I think you MUST be because you have to sign few forms and supporting documents or declarations and biggest you have to appear in medicals!

Now, if both of the above were true and you WERE married and later got separated (and WERE separated for two years) and finally divorced... Then....... obvious question is why you did NOT update IRCC?

If you did not know your UCI and application, you can still raise a webform and mention your passport no.

You can call IRCC and ask about your application with your passport number, dob, name etc etc etc and they will have you located in a jiffy.

If you both were represented by a lawyer or a consultant, they would have you removed upon your divorce and separation if you update them. They have responsibility for both of you.

Remember, even if you were just a dependent, you are still an applicant. And as such, it is your responsibility to update IRCC.

The only case of respite, I guess, is to somehow prove that you were simply unaware of application (which is impossible!) OR you were lied about being updated (Almost impossible to prove).

Claiming that you were unaware of Canadian immigration laws will not help much because ... well... it never does.

That being said, do reach out to a lawyer and discuss your case. Any PFL or Misrep deserves a professional advice.

Don't get married boys.
Booooo~ Getting laid au naturel every day or so is really worth all the risk!