+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Banks in India providing loan for PG - Graduate Certificate program.

siddhesh398

Apr 23, 2013
Hello friends,

I am planning for Sept'13 intake for PG - Graduate Certificate program.
Which banks in India provide loans for such programs.

Thanks,
Siddhesh.

faridshariff

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if documents are clear & u have a collateral then there are many banks..
Andhra Bank
Allahabad Bank
AXIS Bank Ltd
Bank of Baroda Bank of India Bank of Maharashtra Bank of Punjab Ltd BNP Paribas Canara Bank Central Bank of India Centurion Bank of Punjab Ltd Citibank Corporation Bank Dena Bank Federal Bank Ltd
HDFC Bank Ltd
Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation IDBI Bank Ltd
Indian Overseas Bank Indian Bank Ing Vysya Bank Ltd
Indusind Bank Ltd ICICI Banking Jammu & Kashmir Bank Ltd Karnataka Bank Ltd
Kotak Mahindra Bank
NOVA Scotia Bank Oriental Bank of Commerce Punjab National Bank
Punjab and Sind Bank
South Indian Bank Ltd
Standard Chartered Bank State Bank of India State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur State Bank of Hyderabad State Bank of Indore State Bank of Mysore State Bank of Patiala State Bank of Saurashtra
State Bank of Travancore Syndicate Bank UCO Bank Union Bank of India
Vijaya Bank

these banks are as per vsf list

siddhesh398

Apr 23, 2013
Thanks for the info Farid.

As per my recent conversation with one of hdfc credila agent,If I want the loan amount in my account before my canadian visa interview :
I'll need to provide collateral security as property - which my family don't possess.
Although I do have co-applicant with good annual CTC - it won't be possible.

I am looking for a in India bank which can provide me loan with a co-applicant.

Regards,
Siddhesh.

faridshariff

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lol...we sail in the same boat..
fact is that as per RBI norms any bank will ask for a collateral for loan amounts above 7.5 lakhs..
upto 7.5lcs u just need a 3rd party guarantee...yet there are a few banks like credila who will ask for collateral security even if loan amount is upto 7.5 lacs for studies in canada.

HDFC bank does not ask for any collateral upto 7.5 lacs.

the list of banks is huge..u need to contact them in person one by one becuse except credila very few banks are seriously interested in providing education loan..we need to contact the bank first..

btw which college and prog?

siddhesh398

Apr 23, 2013
Applied to conestoga,centennial and few more for 1 yr. pg IT/computer related course.
The course is some what secondary for me since already spent 4+ years in IT industry.

Expecting to get conditional admission offer soon, since forwarded the Ielts exam registration.

Possibly my first and last chance to apply for pg course since already exceeded 5+ year from previous degree.
I have heard colleges don't except applications for pg certificates for education gap more that 5 years.

Getting a bank loan in time for me will be a biggest hurdle, lets see..

faridshariff

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
even my IELTS is on 8th june..
how did u apply to conestoga, cente n others? did u pay application fee or got fee waiver?

if u are from India den u can alwz get a bank loan by hook or by crook..

siddhesh398

Apr 23, 2013
I took help from educational consultants - did not paid much of application fees.
They have tie ups with some of the colleges , so got waiver.

I am hoping to fetch the 7.5 without showing collateral securities, need to arrange the remaining amount.

faridshariff

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yeah same situation with me..do not waste time in contacting banks unless u have offer letter..while contacting the banks tell them u need 7.5 only..let them come n meet u in person and then explain the case..

which colleges have u applied to?

prathapg86

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Even I had the same problem for the loans... But now Im waitin for an answer from Credila...

If u guys are from Mumbai - Give it a try to this.. avanse education loan - It looks like a subs of some big company. Am not sure well about it...As their office is only in Mumbai

And for the 7.5L with the 3rd party guarantor , my cousin took loan from 2 banks 6.5L each... with 2 different guarantor... But he wet to the US.

Im keeping that idea as a back up, if something goes wrong with Credilla..

Let me know if u get any info on Avanse....

siddhesh398

Apr 23, 2013
Thanks for the advice Pratap, it's really gonna help !!

Avanse is subsidiary of DHLF
[dhfl.com/about-us/about-dhfl/]
Will have to get info. on their policies for loan..