+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bank Statements

EEcanvan

Star Member
Jun 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I have a question. My bank does not calculate an average on monthly basis, but do calculate a daily average. I actually don't understand that what exactly a 6 month average means? Is it the amount in your bank account on the last day of every month for last 6 months divided by 6?? Or its something else??

Secondly, after reading thru the discussion I understand that money taken from parents can be considered as gift and needs to have a self declaration attached. In order to fulfill minimum requirement of POF, I have to deposit a certain amount on the 6th month. For example Out of the required 12000CAD, I am maintaining a balance of 10,000 CAD along with monthly transactions(in and out of money) for 5 months. And in the 6th month I will deposit the remaining 2000 CAD. Does this action will have any negative impact on my 6 month average and will I be questioned for this action. Kindly help...

EEcanvan

Star Member
Jun 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yogigal said:
Anyone tried getting a bank statement from Bank of America ? Am not in the US anymore and its going to be a challenge to get the statement from them. Anyone here in a similar situation?
I think chdboy25 has mentioned that he is getting it from Bank of America in this topic only...

willa

Oct 30, 2014
Hi all,

I had a fixed-term deposit that ended 1 month ago and money was transferred back to my checking account. Should a letter from the bank include information about this deposit? Otherwise, it would be unclear why the balance of my checking account has changed dramatically.

akmoolah

Nov 28, 2015
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi i have a serious question to the senior members(Asviad Anac).

I have recieved a PT Letter of Interest from OINP to apply for nomination. Score is 435 CRS

I am a lonely applicant and noone is accompanying me to Canada

I need to know if i can Show my fathers Bank Statements along with a letter stating that he is sponsoring me and has no objection for this money to be spent on me or my excuses.

Alternatively , Kindly advise if i should get this money transferred to my account and have him write a letter that he will be giving this money as a gift.

In both Scenarios are more or less the same.

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
akmoolah said:
Hi i have a serious question to the senior members(Asviad Anac).

I have recieved a PT Letter of Interest from OINP to apply for nomination. Score is 435 CRS

I am a lonely applicant and noone is accompanying me to Canada

I need to know if i can Show my fathers Bank Statements along with a letter stating that he is sponsoring me and has no objection for this money to be spent on me or my excuses.

Alternatively , Kindly advise if i should get this money transferred to my account and have him write a letter that he will be giving this money as a gift.

In both Scenarios are more or less the same.

Yes- You should do this.. Because the money should be in your name and get the letter from your father.

Jul 14, 2017
Are online generated account statements sufficient for applying for a study permit to Canada. In the last page of my statement, it was written that IT IS A COMPUTER GENERATED STATEMENT AND DOESNOT REQUIRE SIGNATURE. Is the sufficient enough or do I need to attest my bank statements with my Bank Manager.

I am a student can I submit my fathers and Paternal Uncles bank statement.

I hope my queries would be answered.

kams101

Mar 12, 2018
I have received and ITA and have filled in the online PR form as well as compiled all relevant documents.

My question is that i have 2 bank accounts, one in AFRICA where i am which shows the requisite funds and details...
The other is in the UK which shows a balance of NIL (i used to operate this account when i was a student in the UK and am in the process of closing this). I have written a letter to that extent as getting formal letters from them is not possible in the format CIC requires.

Do I need to show both?

J4yWalker

Sep 1, 2018
Are online generated account statements sufficient for applying for a study permit to Canada. In the last page of my statement, it was written that IT IS A COMPUTER GENERATED STATEMENT AND DOESNOT REQUIRE SIGNATURE. Is the sufficient enough or do I need to attest my bank statements with my Bank Manager.

I am a student can I submit my fathers and Paternal Uncles bank statement.

I hope my queries would be answered.
I would not use online bank statement as it will not have a stamp from the bank. Its authenticity is doubtful.
No, you cannot use bank statement in your parents or uncles names. Must be in your own name.

J4yWalker

Sep 1, 2018
I have received and ITA and have filled in the online PR form as well as compiled all relevant documents.

My question is that i have 2 bank accounts, one in AFRICA where i am which shows the requisite funds and details...
The other is in the UK which shows a balance of NIL (i used to operate this account when i was a student in the UK and am in the process of closing this). I have written a letter to that extent as getting formal letters from them is not possible in the format CIC requires.

Do I need to show both?
Show only the bank statement than has enough funds to be eligible.

Olutomilola

Oct 16, 2018
Is it compulsory that my POF is complete before I enter the pool?

If I complete my POF within 6 months, do I need to show evidence of where I got the funds from?

rish6

Sep 5, 2013
I would disagree on 2 counts.

1. CIC doesn't really require every single piece of the applicant's personal financial activities. The applicant's major assets and liabilities are anyways kept out of POF because the POF doesn't consider ownership of assets like property, land, vehicles, jewelry, equity, mutual funds, lease rentals on self owned property etc. All it concerns itself with is cash in the bank. As long as the balance in a single bank account or multiple bank account(s) is equal to or higher than POF, CIC's requirements are met.

2. Evidence of salary credits isn't required at any point in time especially for FSW applicants. CEC applicants might be asked to submit details because those are easily verifiable by CIC. Having said that, there is no real harm in showing evidences of salary credits to CIC but it is strictly superfluous information which has no bearing on eligibility or selection.
would downloadable bank statement from the bak websote work for proof? ty so much