Med's Done....
Passed 28-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2016
LANDED..........
13-01-2017
Do we need to send 6 month Bank Statement for Ontario OOPNP or just letter from Bank as proof of funds is enough?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alee667 said:
Do we need to send 6 month Bank Statement for Ontario OOPNP or just letter from Bank as proof of funds is enough?
From Pg 11 of the Application Guide...

Bank account in Canada

If you have a personal bank account in Canada, provide copies of bank statements for the six months prior to the submission of the application to OOPNP. The bank statements must:
 Demonstrate a personal account standing/final balance that meets or exceeds the LICO; AND
 Include your name.

Bank account outside of Canada

If you do not have a personal bank account in Canada, you must provide six months of original up-to-date bank statements from a recognized financial institution. The bank statements must:
 Demonstrate a personal account standing / final balance that meets or exceeds the LICO; AND
 Include the following details:
o Your name;
o Account number;
o Transit and institution number;
o Account balance; and
o Currency.

ultra99

Jun 25, 2011
Asivad Anac said:
This is the bank letter we're talking about. You cannot just print bank statements ans submit those.

The applicant should provide official letter(s) from financial institution(s) which list all current bank and investment accounts, as well as outstanding debts such as credit cards and loans.

The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include applicant's name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the account numbers, dates of when each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance in the past six months.

Other documents may also be requested, as necessary.
ok. i get it. But, my bank provides all these information, including type of account and IBAN except the date of which the account was opened. Is that a problem?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ultra99 said:
ok. i get it. But, my bank provides all these information, including type of account and IBAN except the date of which the account was opened. Is that a problem?
Try and get it included, not the highest priority for CIC if the bank shows average balance over the last 6 months as that proves that the account has existed for 6 months at least.

I_love_van

May 11, 2015
Hi Asivad,
I read a thread in the forum that someone submitted an online bank statement from his home country's bank was got refused by CIC, because the statement was without bank stamp.

For me, I issued the bank statements within Canada with bank stamp. But most of the funds were transferred from my bank account in my home country. I downloaded the electronic receipts from that bank to explain the source of funds. However, those electronic receipts have no stamps. In this case, will CIC accept these documents? ;)

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I_love_van said:
Hi Asivad,
I read a thread in the forum that someone submitted an online bank statement from his home country's bank was got refused by CIC, because the statement was without bank stamp.

For me, I issued the bank statements within Canada with bank stamp. But most of the funds were transferred from my bank account in my home country. I downloaded the electronic receipts from that bank to explain the source of funds. However, those electronic receipts have no stamps. In this case, will CIC accept these documents? ;)
How long has the money been in your Canadian bank account? They will probably only look to investigate on this if the money has been there way less than 6 months.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I_love_van said:
Hi Asivad,

Attach an LOE explaining that these are your funds and provide evidence for the same in addition to electronic receipts. Maybe you can ask your bank to send a customer identification letter or something, just check with them for that. That should be enough.

CanadaImmi2015

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi -

Part of the POF proof that I have is in the name of my spouse (Spouse will accompany me to Canada).
Can I use the proof as-is with a letter from Spouse stating that the amount is pledged for the move to Canada?
If a simple letter won't do, will a Notarized affidavit do?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadaImmi2015 said:
Hi -

Part of the POF proof that I have is in the name of my spouse (Spouse will accompany me to Canada).
Can I use the proof as-is with a letter from Spouse stating that the amount is pledged for the move to Canada?
If a simple letter won't do, will a Notarized affidavit do?
Pledging won't suffice. POF has to be in an account on the PA's name or in a joint account with the PA's name on it.

The only other alternative is to get a signed self-declaration (no affidavits required) from the spouse wherein they explicitly mention that they are extending those funds to the PA as a gift and not a loan hence those funds need not be returned back to them. In the same letter, record all transaction details as well.

Hope that clarifies. All the best!

ultra99

Jun 25, 2011
I'm applying from Canada, but have enough funds in my overseas account. Do i have to have statement from my Canadian bank account as well?

alee667

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
Doc's Request.
04-12-2015
Nomination.....
22-12-2015
AOR Received.
26-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed 28-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2016
LANDED..........
13-01-2017
I have just sent my application for Ontario OOPNP. I just attached letters from my Bank on official letterhead mentioning my account balance which is above LICO. But 6 months statement is not included. Will it be a problem?

I_love_van

May 11, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Attach an LOE explaining that these are your funds and provide evidence for the same in addition to electronic receipts. Maybe you can ask your bank to send a customer identification letter or something, just check with them for that. That should be enough.
Hi Asivad,
Thank you for your advice, I will contact my bank in Canada to see if they could provide a customer identification letter.
Btw, I am applying under EE BCPNP, will CIC require so detailed POF? :)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I_love_van said:
Hi Asivad,
Thank you for your advice, I will contact my bank in Canada to see if they could provide a customer identification letter.
Btw, I am applying under EE BCPNP, will CIC require so detailed POF? :)
I meant the bank on your home country provides a customer identification letter so that you can show to CIC that both source and destination bank accounts belong to you.

CIC does explicitly say that POF is required from everyone except those who are authorized to work in Canada AND have an LMIA supported job offer. Which means anyone who doesn't have an LMIA supported job offer has to show POF. But I believe you can convince even without having all the funds in the bank by showing your work authorization, pay stubs, T4s etc. That will be sufficient documentation to prove that you have sufficient funds to take care of yourself and family in Canada.

However, the official line is still that anyone without LMIA supported job offer has to show POF to CIC.

chdboy25

Star Member
Apr 19, 2015
is it necessary that bank letter has to be stamped and signed?

Bank of America issues a standard letter with account no (only last 4 digits shown for confidentiality) current balance and average balance for 6 months. also the date at which accounts were opened.

It is not stamped nor signed.. I requested a copy at bank branch and they told me it will be delivered at home address.

any concerns?

ultra99

Jun 25, 2011
I'm applying from Canada, but have enough funds in my overseas account. Do i have to have statement from my Canadian bank account as well?