+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bank Statements

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ultra99 said:
I'm applying from Canada, but have enough funds in my overseas account. Do i have to have statement from my Canadian bank account as well?
CIC is not keen on your financial profile. Choose which bank account to showcase for POF, maintain the required funds in it till you get your PR and you should be fine. You don't have to disclose every single bank account that you might have.

Marmil87

Star Member
Dec 16, 2014
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
created EE profile 27.03.2015
Doc's Request.
waiting for ITA
Nomination.....
Score on EE 389
Is it possible to sent bank statement with proof of funds but for recent time. And to state that this money is present from parents? Will they accept that?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Marmil87 said:
Is it possible to sent bank statement with proof of funds but for recent time. And to state that this money is present from parents? Will they accept that?
Gift from parents is perfectly valid. It needs to be accompanied with a signed self-declaration from your parents explicitly stating that the transaction (and mention all transaction details including date, wire transfer ref numbers, bank account numbers, bank names etc) is meant to be a gift to you (the PA) for the express purpose of supporting you with settlement funds and that it is not a loan which needs to be returned to them.

That should suffice. All the best!

chigursr

Jun 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I can show funds only for the last two months. Prior to that my 6 months bank statements will show large amounts of credits and debits (2-3 instances). I can submit a declaration stating that money is saved from my salary and show salary slips as proof of funds. Will it still be a long shot to apply. I am planning to apply for OOPNP, please advise.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chigursr said:
I can show funds only for the last two months. Prior to that my 6 months bank statements will show large amounts of credits and debits (2-3 instances). I can submit a declaration stating that money is saved from my salary and show salary slips as proof of funds. Will it still be a long shot to apply. I am planning to apply for OOPNP, please advise.
Won't be a long shot. POF is literally the last step in the application processing AFTER they have found you eligible for a PN. Go ahead with your OOPNP submission and send them exactly what they want in terms of bank statements as mentioned in the Application Guide.

All the best!

CanadaImmi2015

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Pledging won't suffice. POF has to be in an account on the PA's name or in a joint account with the PA's name on it.

The only other alternative is to get a signed self-declaration (no affidavits required) from the spouse wherein they explicitly mention that they are extending those funds to the PA as a gift and not a loan hence those funds need not be returned back to them. In the same letter, record all transaction details as well.

Hope that clarifies. All the best!
Thanks Asivad - I can arrange a letter from spouse stating that X amount in Y Bank in Z accounts are a gift to PA(me) and will be transferred as & when PA makes a demand. The reason is that the said amount is in Fixed deposits and I don't want to break the FDs right now.

In your opinion, Will that work?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadaImmi2015 said:
Thanks Asivad - I can arrange a letter from spouse stating that X amount in Y Bank in Z accounts are a gift to PA(me) and will be transferred as & when PA makes a demand. The reason is that the said amount is in Fixed deposits and I don't want to break the FDs right now.

In your opinion, Will that work?
Unlikely. Because they are still assets in their name and not yours. Unfortunately, CIC cannot choose to believe in the sanctity of a marital relationship unlike the couple involved. As far as CIC is concerned, the marriage may end tomorrow and then the pledge will be useless as POF. Hope you understand the reasoning behind asking you to physically transfer the funds into the PA's account supplemented with a declaration that it isn't a loan but a gift.

All the best!

murtazajaffri_cca

Jun 3, 2015
Karachi, PK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
Doc's Request.
02-11-2015
Nomination.....
20-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-11-2015
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2016
LANDED..........
16-07-2016
As per the Ontario PNP guide, i sent bank stamped and signed bank statement for last 6 month which met the criteria for minimum amount of settlement fund. Bank statement fulfilled all requirement as guided in the OOPNP guideline book i.e. PA name, bank name, currency, date etc.

However, my bank didnt issue me a letter on their official letter head. Is this a problem?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
murtazajaffri_cca said:
As per the Ontario PNP guide, i sent bank stamped and signed bank statement for last 6 month which met the criteria for minimum amount of settlement fund. Bank statement fulfilled all requirement as guided in the OOPNP guideline book i.e. PA name, bank name, currency, date etc.

However, my bank didnt issue me a letter on their official letter head. Is this a problem?
The bank letter/certificate is a CIC requirement post ITA. What you have submitted for OOPNP meets their requirements so no reasons to worry on this front.

murtazajaffri_cca

Jun 3, 2015
Karachi, PK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
Doc's Request.
02-11-2015
Nomination.....
20-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-11-2015
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2016
LANDED..........
16-07-2016
Asivad Anac said:
The bank letter/certificate is a CIC requirement post ITA. What you have submitted for OOPNP meets their requirements so no reasons to worry on this front.
Thank You Anac :)

wolfey

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
for BCPNP express entry do i need have a certain amount funds in my account, it does not state it in checklist just asks for balance oer 6 month period..

murtazajaffri_cca

Jun 3, 2015
Karachi, PK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
Doc's Request.
02-11-2015
Nomination.....
20-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-11-2015
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2016
LANDED..........
16-07-2016
wolfey said:
for BCPNP express entry do i need have a certain amount funds in my account, it does not state it in checklist just asks for balance oer 6 month period..
If you have a job offer from Canadian employer, then you do not need to show proof of funds.

Otherwise you have to show proof of funds as per CIC's LICO (varies as per family members (dependents) either accompanying or not accompanying with you to Canada).

Moreover for British Columbia, there are certain specific requirements as follows:-

http://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate/About-the-BC-PNP/Skills-Immigration/How-To-Apply/Minimum-Income-Requirements.aspx

http://www.welcomebc.ca/welcome_bc/media/Media-Gallery/docs/pnp/SI-(HCP-NEPP)-and-EEBC-Program-Guide-July-3-2015-FINAL.pdf (check settlement funds - Appendix 1)

I hope that helps :)

wolfey

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
murtazajaffri_cca said:
If you have a job offer from Canadian employer, then you do not need to show proof of funds.

Otherwise you have to show proof of funds as per CIC's LICO (varies as per family members (dependents) either accompanying or not accompanying with you to Canada).

Moreover for British Columbia, there are certain specific requirements as follows:-

http://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate/About-the-BC-PNP/Skills-Immigration/How-To-Apply/Minimum-Income-Requirements.aspx

http://www.welcomebc.ca/welcome_bc/media/Media-Gallery/docs/pnp/SI-(HCP-NEPP)-and-EEBC-Program-Guide-July-3-2015-FINAL.pdf (check settlement funds - Appendix 1)

I hope that helps :)
Thank you :D

yogigal

Star Member
Jul 5, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
Anyone tried getting a bank statement from Bank of America ? Am not in the US anymore and its going to be a challenge to get the statement from them. Anyone here in a similar situation?