+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bank statement

FWSAPPLICANT

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
Hi,

I have provided 06 months bank statement as POF. The statement has every information but the bank address, email or website is not mentioned, I mean it is not on the letter head of the bank.

The guy simply printed the statement, stamped and signed the first and last page of the statement. The stamp contains bank name and branch name.There is no phone number mentioned on statement.

Do you think this is ok, or I have to get a letter from bank on proper letter head.

Thanks

Skyler White

Jun 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The instructions clearly state that the financial details must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include your own name, and contact info. of the financial institution (address, telephone number, and e-mail address).

The bank would only give this upon a special request though it is not too complicated.

To be on the safer side, I guess you should get this done. Good luck!

thenewbie

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I second that go back to the bank again and request for a bank certification letter. Take a printout of the CIC funds instruction with you and ensure that every point is covered.

D

Deleted member 1050918

@legalfalcon

Is it really mandatory to have the bank account creation date on the POF letter? I have two accounts, one with a bank in my country and one with a Canadian bank. Neither banks provide account creation dates on their letters. Any suggestions?

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
@legalfalcon

Is it really mandatory to have the bank account creation date on the POF letter? I have two accounts, one with a bank in my country and one with a Canadian bank. Neither banks provide account creation dates on their letters. Any suggestions?

The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

It is mandatory, just speak with the branch manager and they will draft a customized letter will all the required details. If they are not willing to provide the custom letter, have a showdown with them until they do.

D

Deleted member 1050918

The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

It is mandatory, just speak with the branch manager and they will draft a customized letter will all the required details. If they are not willing to provide the custom letter, have a showdown with them until they do.
Thanks mate. I've read some people were denied custom letters by their banks and an LOE was enough to have their existing letters accepted. Fighting my banks isn't really an option because one of them is in Canada and the one here is a big name so they won't have to prove anything. I guess I'll explain the situation in a LOE.

How were you able to handle yours? Was your bank able to help you with those details?

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Thanks mate. I've read some people were denied custom letters by their banks and an LOE was enough to have their existing letters accepted. Fighting my banks isn't really an option because one of them is in Canada and the one here is a big name so they won't have to prove anything. I guess I'll explain the situation in a LOE.

How were you able to handle yours? Was your bank able to help you with those details?
Yeah, I managed got a custom letter addressed directly to IRCC without any problems because the bank manager turned out that be a sane person. LOE will work but don't forget to include additional supporting documents which indicate the the opening date of your account. Trust me, you don't want to see review required in your GCMS notes because of silly things like this one.

You have provide all the mandatory details however you can and explain them clearly in an LOE.