+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bank Statement stamping (1st and last page)

UmairS

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Hi

Need your urgent help:

I submitted my 6 months bank statement for POF, and its first and last page are signed and stamped.

1st page shows opening balance which is around 6k dollars, and last page has closing balance which is 13k dollars.

In between there was a gift I received from mother of 4.5k dollars, I have attached all gift deed and relevant documents.

Rest of the money is all my salary transfers into my account as shown in the pages b/w the 1st and last page. Should I still get these middle pages signed and stamped? and should i raise CSE? Would raising CSE delay my app?

cc31

Sep 5, 2017
Canada
They don't ask for bank statements, do they? They ask for letter from your bank outlining details as below. You can use stamped bank statements as supporting documents. See - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/proof-funds.html

For proof, you must get official letters from any banks or financial institutions where you are keeping money.

Letter(s) must:

• be printed on the financial institution’s letterhead
  • include their contact information (address, telephone number and email address)
  • include your name
  • list outstanding debts such as credit card debts and loans
  • include, for each current bank and investment account:
    • account numbers
    • the date each account was opened
    • the current balance of each account
    • the average balance for the past six months

UmairS

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
They don't ask for bank statements, do they? They ask for letter from your bank outlining details as below. You can use stamped bank statements as supporting documents. See - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/proof-funds.html

For proof, you must get official letters from any banks or financial institutions where you are keeping money.

Letter(s) must:

• be printed on the financial institution’s letterhead
  • include their contact information (address, telephone number and email address)
  • include your name
  • list outstanding debts such as credit card debts and loans
  • include, for each current bank and investment account:
    • account numbers
    • the date each account was opened
    • the current balance of each account
    • the average balance for the past six months
Thanks for the reply
My bank issued the letter but does not state the current balance or avg balance on the letterhead. Thus I had to get 6 months bank statements. They signed the 1st and last page, which have opening balance at start of 6 month period, and closing balance as well. But the pages in the middle which has transactions were not stamped, since they said embassies need 1st and last page stamped and signed. Should I get them stamped as well, and raise CSE?

cc31

Sep 5, 2017
Canada
Thanks for the reply
My bank issued the letter but does not state the current balance or avg balance on the letterhead. Thus I had to get 6 months bank statements. They signed the 1st and last page, which have opening balance at start of 6 month period, and closing balance as well. But the pages in the middle which has transactions were not stamped, since they said embassies need 1st and last page stamped and signed. Should I get them stamped as well, and raise CSE?
That sounds good. I do not know if this issue has been clarified/mentioned by CIC anywhere in their website. Other than that, somebody who has been through this before can provide a definite answer. However if you explain your situation in LoE, I think it should be fine