+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bank Statement - Old or New ?

waraich

Dec 6, 2008
Hi,

During landing in canada same bank statement submitted during application in December 2008 is acceptable or i have to prepare new bank statement for last three months for 6 persons family 26000 CAD?

I am planning also take some travellr checks and cash arround 5000 USD.Is it ok?

I have photo copy of old bank statement which was submitted during application process.

Some body told me that i should prepare a list of items need to be imported in canada during next five years , is it right?

Thanks and Regards

P

pakistan

You need to show proof of fund in a convertible form that is most liquid.bank statements are not acceptable as proof of funds while you are land in Canada as an immigrant. You need to bring with you a bank draft, traveller cheque or cash in canadian dollars equal to your situation 26000 as you stated.
You also need to make a list of all you accompnying things.
Do not think that bank statement work there. If you have received your COPR form for each of your family member which I sure will have received, then that indicates amount of funds to show at port of entry and that must be in Canadian dollars.
Its my experience but you should not rely on this but take full guide on this topic from other members as well.

waraich

Dec 6, 2008
Thanks lot.

Gold or jewllary is also acceptable or not .My friend told me that they showed reciepts of jewllary?

gerrybyrne

Dec 30, 2008
Dublin, Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th feb 2009
Doc's Request.
4th mar 2009
AOR Received.
25th may 2009
Med's Request
7th oct 2009
Med's Done....
4th nov 2009
Passport Req..
7th Oct 2009
VISA ISSUED...
3rd dec 2009
I was at a Canadian Immigration seminar recently. The speaker informed everybody present at the seminar that " IF YOU ENTER CANADA WITH MORE THAN $10000 CAD IN CASH, YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY TAX ON ANY CASH ABOVE THIS AMOUNT".
I dont want to scare anyone but thats what we were told. So maybe bring a Bankdraft for the amount above the $10000

alice_chained

Star Member
Jan 20, 2009
But wouldn't CDN 10,000 bank Draft consitute as cash as well, since it is a gauranteed instrument?

Kind Regards,

Amin.

P

pakistan

I don,t think one has to pay tax on money more than 10000 dollars and if the thing is like that then bank draft is aslo considered as cash so why not on BD. But I can cofirm that one don,t need to pay tax for bringing money in Canada. Jewllary are not considered as proof of funds