+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bank statement of job salary for study visa to canada.

Andy0075

Oct 29, 2018
Hello everyone.

I got offer letter from fleming college for jan 19 intake. I paid fees and also got GIC certificate. My file is almost complete. I have a gap of around 3 years. I covered that gap with my experience certificate. I am working in a company as a site engineer and i got my salary in account. My agent told me that bank statement is not necessary for study visa. Embassy do not want bank statementfor study visa. So i am little bit of confused about it. So if any one have any idea about it, please share with me. My job is genuine. Should i attach my bank statement in my file or not?

Aravinth5454

Oct 28, 2018
Hello everyone.

I got offer letter from fleming college for jan 19 intake. I paid fees and also got GIC certificate. My file is almost complete. I have a gap of around 3 years. I covered that gap with my experience certificate. I am working in a company as a site engineer and i got my salary in account. My agent told me that bank statement is not necessary for study visa. Embassy do not want bank statementfor study visa. So i am little bit of confused about it. So if any one have any idea about it, please share with me. My job is genuine. Should i attach my bank statement in my file or not?
Just attach your offer letter, releving letter, payslip and itr

Lovely44

Star Member
Nov 7, 2018
Of course you should add your bank statement because the institution is not offering you a scholarship that would take care of your expenses , so you should add a bank statement that will convince the visa officer that you are well finance for your studies in Canada . I don't really know why your agent would tell you that bank statement is not necessary. If someone is sponsoring you, the person should add his or her bank statement, and a sponsorship letter. You should also have a bank statement of your own since you are an adult. Your own bank statement is a plus in addition to your sponsorship. If you are financing yourself, you should add a statement of self finance. Get a strong SOP that is statement of purpose. Get your 3 months payslip at least. Bank statement is really needed because you are going for studies and a lot has to be spent on when you get there.
Hello everyone.

Reactions: rogelcorral

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Hello everyone.

I would suggest you change your agent for giving such advise.

Embassy “will not require” bank statement IF you are applying under SDS. But it doesn’t mean that embassy “do not want” bank statement for study visa. Even under SDS, it doesn’t hurt if you would submit your bank statement. Submit as much as financial document as you can, together with strong ties to home country.

Andy0075

Oct 29, 2018
I would suggest you change your agent for giving such advise.

Embassy “will not require” bank statement IF you are applying under SDS. But it doesn’t mean that embassy “do not want” bank statement for study visa. Even under SDS, it doesn’t hurt if you would submit your bank statement. Submit as much as financial document as you can, together with strong ties to home country.
I am applying under sds. Got 7 bands. One year post grad. Paid full fees of 1 year and got GIC.
I have 3 years of gap but i am doing job regularly from past 3 years. My agent told me that bank statements or salary slips are not required.

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
I am applying under sds. Got 7 bands. One year post grad. Paid full fees of 1 year and got GIC.
I have 3 years of gap but i am doing job regularly from past 3 years. My agent told me that bank statements or salary slips are not required.
Yes, under SDS it is “not required”. But to say that embassy “do not want” bank statement for study visa is incorrect.