+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

bank statement for Canadian visitor visa

kp582

Mar 5, 2018
Your liquid finances should be earned by you + it should match your declared sources of income and taxes paid.

In other words, you must be able to prove you have the finances to pay for your visit (tickets for your family + hotel + expenses + surplus) without borrowing from anyone and without depending too much on your Canadian host (if you have one).

It would depend on a number of factors: For example, why do you want to visit + why does your family want to visit with you + do you have a host/relative or friend + what strong ties can you prove to your country of residence + your financial situation in your country of residence, etc
Thank you so much..
One more question what are the posibility to get visitor visa if i apply individual or with family???

Coz people around me always suggest that apply individualy get maximum chance to get refusal . If you apply with family your chances will be increase..

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you so much..
One more question what are the posibility to get visitor visa if i apply individual or with family???

Coz people around me always suggest that apply individualy get maximum chance to get refusal . If you apply with family your chances will be increase..
It would depend on a number of factors: For example, why do you want to visit + why does your family want to visit with you + do you have a host/relative or friend + what strong ties can you prove to your country of residence + your financial situation in your country of residence, etc

Farha noor

Jan 23, 2018
Hello Bryanna,
My husband is a Canadian citizen abd I applied for my PR on 27April, 2016. You can see It’s been two years already and still now there is no updates or improvement. So I am planning for applying a tourist visa. I am government officer in my country. So i can avail an NOC from the Ministry where it would be shown that the Government is allowing me 30 days unpaid leave. Moreover I can show my tax return copies.
But my main problem is my bank solvency. As I am a Govt officer, so my bank balance is not upto the mark. But my husband will send his bank certificate and sponsorship letter and invitation letter. Would it be enough? Since my bank balance is pretty upsetting, is there any chance that I could get the tourist visa? Thanks in advance
Your liquid finances should be earned by you + it should match your declared sources of income and taxes paid.

In other words, you must be able to prove you have the finances to pay for your visit (tickets for your family + hotel + expenses + surplus) without borrowing from anyone and without depending too much on your Canadian host (if you have one).

NYENJE SOLO

Apr 1, 2018
Hi Bryanna
I want to come for a conference in Canada for a week, and am paying for my travel expenses and accommodation and for the conference. I have a job as the only tie in my home country, I have no wife neither children and no property. what is the possibility that I will be given the visitors visa with only me having a job?? And what should my bank statement reflect to prove to the visa officer that I will be able to afford the travel, accommodation and conference e.t.c and the bank statement should show how many months??? What other ties do you have in mind that I can attach to my application for the visitors visa???

Last edited:

deepkhela

Jun 17, 2017
Your bank statement must be as recent as possible.

Having said this, your dad must prove he has the financial resources to afford his trip. Your finances do not matter for a TRV
Am going to apply visa on 12 sep 2018 and i tk my bank statement on 3 sep 2018... i this ok or i should take more recent statement

AOK

Sep 7, 2019
Hello,
This maybe a little bit off the "bank statement" topic, but I found you were all very helpful and informative.

My wife and me live in Cairo, Egypt. We have a 5 years old daughter and I work for a multinational company based in Dubai, UAE.
Now my wife is pregnant (due is mid march 2019 as per the doctor says).
We are considering going for the baby delivery in Canada so the baby is granted the canadian citizenship.
Our friends live in Toronto, so that's where we are targeting to go for hospital.

I will mention in the visa application that my wife is pregnant, we do want everything to be straight forward, do not want any surprises in the airport.

We have an international medical insurance that will cover all the hospital expenses, we own a property (still paying installments) and we are going to leave our daughter in Cairo while we are travelling with our parents because of school, so I guess these are good reasons to prove that we are coming back to our home country.

My bank statement does not look bad, money is going in and out, however, till this moment there is no bulk savings for the flight and accommodation expenses.. expected in Jan 2020, 2 months before due date I may get a bonus that will be enough for flight, accommodation (maybe air bnb) and daily expenses for a 1.5-2 months stay in Toronto. I will apply for the visa only when I have this amount of money.

Our doctor says it looks like it is safe to fly in mid Feb2020, but not after that.

Apologies for this long intro, my questions are:
1- Is there a minimum time period where my bank account should show it has a bulk amount of money before applying to the visa? Plan was that soon as I receive the transfer from my company in JAN2020 I will go apply for the visa.

2- Is there a visa specific for baby delivery, or it has to be a TRV for touristic purposes?

3- We will be staying in only one place for the whole period (prepaid), is it OK to mention it like that in the application?

4- If we take our daughter with us, will this weaken our visa application?

Thanks

Legend6892

Jul 31, 2017
Hello,
This maybe a little bit off the "bank statement" topic, but I found you were all very helpful and informative.

My wife and me live in Cairo, Egypt. We have a 5 years old daughter and I work for a multinational company based in Dubai, UAE.
Now my wife is pregnant (due is mid march 2019 as per the doctor says).
We are considering going for the baby delivery in Canada so the baby is granted the canadian citizenship.
Our friends live in Toronto, so that's where we are targeting to go for hospital.

I will mention in the visa application that my wife is pregnant, we do want everything to be straight forward, do not want any surprises in the airport.

We have an international medical insurance that will cover all the hospital expenses, we own a property (still paying installments) and we are going to leave our daughter in Cairo while we are travelling with our parents because of school, so I guess these are good reasons to prove that we are coming back to our home country.

My bank statement does not look bad, money is going in and out, however, till this moment there is no bulk savings for the flight and accommodation expenses.. expected in Jan 2020, 2 months before due date I may get a bonus that will be enough for flight, accommodation (maybe air bnb) and daily expenses for a 1.5-2 months stay in Toronto. I will apply for the visa only when I have this amount of money.

Our doctor says it looks like it is safe to fly in mid Feb2020, but not after that.

Apologies for this long intro, my questions are:
1- Is there a minimum time period where my bank account should show it has a bulk amount of money before applying to the visa? Plan was that soon as I receive the transfer from my company in JAN2020 I will go apply for the visa.

2- Is there a visa specific for baby delivery, or it has to be a TRV for touristic purposes?

3- We will be staying in only one place for the whole period (prepaid), is it OK to mention it like that in the application?

4- If we take our daughter with us, will this weaken our visa application?

Thanks
If your purpose of visit is baby delivery in Canada than your application will be refused immediately...

Shemi Malhi

May 22, 2019
Hi everyone. I am in a weird situation. I apply for my mother’s TRV from my home country in July and It got rejected. Now I applied for her TRV online and upload the same bank statement that is two months old. It has only few transactions as it was very new account.
Would it be a problem that the statement is two months old?
Any response will be appreciated!!!!

alijaved7212

Oct 12, 2019
Dear All,
The bank statement should be of applicant's personal bank account or other person's account can also be used?

@trigger

Jun 24, 2019
Dear All,
The bank statement should be of applicant's personal bank account or other person's account can also be used?
If you are more than one applicatant, you can include both account statements. I did it for my parents.

Also the recent 4 months is the guideline, you may include more as well. For my parents, I submitted the last 5 months statements along with deposit account details.

Sizzler

Sep 11, 2019
Hi,

I am planning to apply TRV for my father whose doing business in India. He has a good transactions in business bank account but in his personal account there is not so much money. So by showing the business bank account statements will it be ok to proceed for applying the visa?

Feb 9, 2021
Hi sir
I opened new bank account before 1 month.
Iam able submit 1 month bank statement.
Is it ok.
Or tell some supported documents