+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bank Statement ,Explanation for Tourist Visa- From India

Milind31

Feb 14, 2017
Hi,

Finally I got TRV category B-1 for 2 years( For Business Meeting purpose from my MNC Company) and also have Invite Letter from company that shows I am invited for 4 weeks from 3rd week of April to Mid May. My approx. salary is 2000 CAD / Month
I want my spouse to accompany me (This I posed earlier but now since I got more clarity starting questions on new thread. Hope that is fine)

I am planning to sponsor my wife so she can come with me. We are hoping within 4-5 weeks she will get TRV and will travel with me
Bryanna can you pleas help me on below queries. I know they are lot but hope this is fine with you

1) I have 4 week invite letter from company. Should I apply for 3 weeks of her visa or 4 weeks. Advantage of 4 week is I can mention she will return back with me but if 3 weeks is fine I can mention that if 3 weeks is reasonable but again question may come why she is not leaving with you after 4 weeks Please advise

Can I mention my wife wants to travel to Accompany me and visit tours places around Edmonton . While on weekdays she will check tourist attraction in Edmonton on weekends will visit Lake Louise / Jasper /Calgury / Banff ( I am not planning to include day wise itinerary , will that be fine ?)

2) My wife is house wife from past 8 years and has 2 bank accounts where I am nominee and total amount is 6000 CAD in cash. I have transfer some money regularly to her account and from last year she has fixed deposit of 20,000 CAD. Some of FD is through renewal while some is from amount I transfer
Since she is housewife , will this be an issue to show all Fixed Deposits ? or it will raise questions of how come she has so much money in FD and accounts
(She was working 8 years back for few years and also travelled to US on L1 visa for 2 months , I can try to explain in letter but I think that was almost 8 years back and also will give impression that she may now wants to do the job in Canada)

3) We have one joint account where cash balance is very less 100 CAD but has FD of 5000 CAD . Should we also show this ?

4)Should we show bank statement for all accounts for 6 months or 1 year . I am planning to explain any transaction which is more than 500 CAD. I have to explain 8-10 transaction in her and mine account ( 4 of them are transfer of money from my account to her)

5) I am planning to submit my pay slip ,bank account statement .Should I submit my tax return for 3 years ? I can , but again I am not planning to submit tax return for my wife as her return amount is very less. So will it be issue if I submit my tax return and she does not or on safer side I should not submit tax return at all

6) I am planning submit her life insurance copy , Shares holding statmenet (6000 CAD) to prove strong ties , and also will detail she has mother ,2 married sisters in india) We don't hold any property as we stay in my family house on name of my parents. Is this fine ?

7) We both have valid US visa till next year as we travelled to US 8 yeas back ( I on business she on tourist)
she also did travlled 9 years back for 2 months to work alone.
Also we travelled to UK last year for 1 month ( I on business she on tourist)

Should I show her travel on work visa /L1 visa around 9 years back on travel history ? I am hoping that they don't get impression that she wants to wok

8) Well we have all intention to return back after 4 weeks even if my visa is for 2 years , as my company invite letter is for 4 weeks only I hope that wont be an issues

I appreciate your help on this as this since there is no interview I want to ensure that my documentation is good
Thanks,
Milind

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Congrats :)

Should I apply for 3 weeks of her visa or 4 weeks.
Is she accompanying you from Day One?

If not, keep her visit to three weeks. Mention that she will travel one week later.

I am not planning to include day wise itinerary , will that be fine ?)
No. For your wife, you must prepare a day-by-day itinerary with expense estimates.

As she does not have a Canadian host, she must prove that she is a tourist + explain how she will spend her time each day when you are busy.

She must include copies of your TRV + your plane tickets + your hotel bookings + letter issued by your Canadian host/your company (but this is NOT her invitation letter) + explain that the costs of her visit will reduce because of these reasons.

Be careful to prove that your employer will NOT pay for her day-to-day expenses, meals, sightseeing, local travel etc. Only the hotel bookings. Hence, your wife must prove that she has the finances to pay for her flight tickets + all other expenses

2 bank accounts where I am nominee and total amount is 6000 CAD in cash.
Can she prove the source of the CAD 6,000 which is cash?

I have transfer some money regularly to her account and from last year she has fixed deposit of 20,000 CAD. Some of FD is through renewal while some is from amount I transfer
She must explain the source of the funds transfer + money for the FD.

You must include your bank statements for about 12 months + her bank statements for the same time period..... and highlight these bank transfers from your account to hers.

She was working 8 years back for few years and also travelled to US on L1 visa for 2 months , I can try to explain in letter but I think that was almost 8 years back and also will give impression that she may now wants to do the job in Canada
Her L1 (8 years ago) is irrelevant.

We have one joint account where cash balance is very less 100 CAD but has FD of 5000 CAD . Should we also show this ?
Do include every financial investment + explain the source of the money

Should we show bank statement for all accounts for 6 months or 1 year . I am planning to explain any transaction which is more than 500 CAD. I have to explain 8-10 transaction in her and mine account ( 4 of them are transfer of money from my account to her)
12 months (exception in your wife's case..... instead of the regular 6 months bank statement which is required by IRCC).

I suggest 12 months to prove that you have been regularly transferring money to your wife's bank accounts/financial investments from the past.... and not for the purpose of the TRV application.

I am planning to explain any transaction which is more than 500 CAD.
Do see my suggestions.

Should I submit my tax return for 3 years ? I can , but again I am not planning to submit tax return for my wife as her return amount is very less.
Sorry but I get the impression that you invest/transfer in your wife's name/accounts.... to evade paying taxes to Indian tax authorities. It does not work this way.

Sooner or later the tax man will catch up because all bank accounts, credit cards, etc are cross-linked + any transfers above INR 49,999 are automatically reported to the RBI.

If your wife has bank accounts/FDs/financial investments (which she has), owns property, etc.... she must file her tax returns. Even if it is 'Nil Returns'.

The disadvantage of filing 'Nil Returns' or showing low income for tax purposes..... is it indicates that one's financial situation is not what s/he claims + one cannot afford the visit (for any country) + s/he is likely to work illegally abroad

I am planning submit her life insurance copy , Shares holding statmenet (6000 CAD) to prove strong ties
These are not strong ties as any of this can be liquidated/cancelled at any time.

These investments only indicate the financial situation. So, yes include them

and also will detail she has mother ,2 married sisters in india
If her mom does not live with you and your wife then she is not a family tie to return to. Also, married sisters do not count as family ties.

We don't hold any property as we stay in my family house on name of my parents. Is this fine ?
It is not okay from a Canada TRV perspective. But then you cannot change this situation.

Having said that, do your parents live with you and your wife? Do you have any other family members who live with you?

Should I show her travel on work visa /L1 visa around 9 years back on travel history ? I am hoping that they don't get impression that she wants to wok
She can apply under the CAN+ program because she has a valid US B1/B2.

Canada and the US share immigration data. So, her previous US work (under L1) will show up.

But why include it again as part of her TRV? It would either imply that she wants to work when she visits Canada or that she wants to look for work in the US.

Well we have all intention to return back after 4 weeks even if my visa is for 2 years , as my company invite letter is for 4 weeks only I hope that wont be an issues
Your company invitation letter works good for only you. None of it applies to your wife. So it does not help her application, nor does it prove that she will return to India.

You can prepare a Travel History explanation, in a tabular format, give each visa details + entry/exit dates for each visit + purpose of each visit.

Also, include copies of boarding passes/plane tickets of yourself and your wife.... to prove that she has a history of traveling abroad with you.... when you visit for work.... and she returns with you after each visit

Apart from her financial situation (the source of which is your earnings), she does not have any strong ties to India. Can she prove:
1. She has some reason to return to India by a specific date (with evidence)?

2. Do you have any other work/leisure visits abroad/India which are scheduled (bookings made in both your names) after the Canada visit?

3. Does your wife take care of any family member?

4. Does she volunteer in any charity organization/NGO/Rotary or Lions Club, etc?

Cheers