+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bank statement and balance

prasanna1157

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Hello,

I have been waiting for an ITA for almost 6 months now, with 475 points. I have saved enough money to show proof for a single person. I have got a bank statement showing my current balance and my average balance over the last year.

I don't know when I will get my ITA, but I can no longer hold the money in the account as I have a lot of expnses coming up. So, is it OK if I take the money out now? As I said, I only got a bank statement showing enough money earlier this month.

Please help!

JSN_2016

Star Member
May 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Prasanna,

Are you planning to apply through FSW or CEC?Are you in Canada or outside Canada?

If CEC, no need to show bank statements. If FSW, you have to show proof of funding.

In general, when you get ITA, they ask to provide last six months statement. If you get ITA in Oct, and submit your application in Oct, then you have to show bank statements from Oct, Sep, Aug, July, June and May.

Don't worry looking at the trend, you might ITA in Oct/Nov.

It also depends on how much money you are planning to take out.

prasanna1157

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Thank you for responding. I am applying through FSW. When do I need to show that proof? Do I need to attach the statement with my application?

My balance currently is above ($12,164 CAD), the minimum amount they require for a single applicant, and my statement shows that. However, my average balance and my monthly statements over the last 6 or 12 months would show much less than my current balance because I've been saving up slowly. Is this OK?

Assuming I submit my application in Nov, can I take out the money once I've got my statements and submitted my application? I do need to take out most of the money as I have a few major expenses coming up. If necessary, I can start saving up again next year. Is that OK?

Canada2425

Jun 1, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-11-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
15-12-2016
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
18-06-2017
prasanna1157 said:
Thank you for responding. I am applying through FSW. When do I need to show that proof? Do I need to attach the statement with my application?

My balance currently is above ($12,164 CAD), the minimum amount they require for a single applicant, and my statement shows that. However, my average balance and my monthly statements over the last 6 or 12 months would show much less than my current balance because I've been saving up slowly. Is this OK?

Assuming I submit my application in Nov, can I take out the money once I've got my statements and submitted my application? I do need to take out most of the money as I have a few major expenses coming up. If necessary, I can start saving up again next year. Is that OK?
1. You have a bank statement showing required money. If you withdraw/deposit money, you'll need a new statement as whatever information you have to provide post ITA has to be up-to-date. If you provide current statement that you have and if you don't have that statement valid while submitting docs - misrepresentation. You may face issues because of that.

2. It is advisable that throughout the process, you keep that stated money as-is. Till the time you land.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
prasanna1157 said:
Someone please help! :)
You will need to provide them with an updated bank statement post ita with the money being in your account for a 6 month period so its better to keep the money in your account at least till you get your ita and send them a bank statement.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wolverine17 said:
You will need to provide them with an updated bank statement post ita with the money being in your account for a 6 month period so its better to keep the money in your account at least till you get your ita and send them a bank statement.
An updated bank statement is also required when you land, not just for eAPR.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
prasanna1157 said:

You should leave the money in your account until you land and become a PR.

BC4life

Nov 5, 2015
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
XX-07-2017
Why not keep things simple and leave the money where it is to avoid any problem?