+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bank letter from SBI

savitrasapre

Apr 30, 2019
AOR Received.
03-09-2019
Hi guys!

I talked to the Branch Manager yesterday and he told me that we will give a "Conduct of Account" letter on the letterhead and you can add the statement to this letter to prove the funds. I'm a little skeptical because Conduct of Account will probably show that my account is in good conduct and not the exact balance or anything.

Is there any specific letter you guys got from SBI that I can ask my Branch Manager to provide me?

Thanks a ton

savitrasapre

Apr 30, 2019
AOR Received.
03-09-2019
6 month bank statement in addition to liability letters that show loans, credit cards, etc.
So, idk if you understood the question. I'll request you to read it again.

I still think Conduct of Account on the letterhead is not enough. Maybe I am wrong?

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
A bank statement covers balance and average balance since it shows every transaction for the past 6 months. Try to get it closer to submitting your application.

I don't know what conduct of account means. Does it show the account number and date it was opened?

Do you have any credit cards or loans? If you do, then you must include that information either in the same or separate letter.

Here are the requirements again:
  • be printed on the financial institution’s letterhead
  • include their contact information (address, telephone number and email address)
  • include your name
  • list outstanding debts such as credit card debts and loans
  • include, for each current bank and investment account, the
    • account numbers
    • date each account was opened
    • current balance of each account
    • average balance for the past 6 months

savitrasapre

Apr 30, 2019
AOR Received.
03-09-2019
A bank statement covers balance and average balance since it shows every transaction for the past 6 months. Try to get it closer to submitting your application.

I don't know what conduct of account means. Does it show the account number and date it was opened?

Do you have any credit cards or loans? If you do, then you must include that information either in the same or separate letter.

Here are the requirements again:
  • be printed on the financial institution’s letterhead
  • include their contact information (address, telephone number and email address)
  • include your name
  • list outstanding debts such as credit card debts and loans
  • include, for each current bank and investment account, the
    • account numbers
    • date each account was opened
    • current balance of each account
    • average balance for the past 6 months
I will obviously attach a bank statement and they said that they will seal and sign it too. On the conduct of account letter they will state that the account is in good conduct. Which I don't think is enough.

reddermorel

Star Member
Jan 21, 2019
Hi guys!

I talked to the Branch Manager yesterday and he told me that we will give a "Conduct of Account" letter on the letterhead and you can add the statement to this letter to prove the funds. I'm a little skeptical because Conduct of Account will probably show that my account is in good conduct and not the exact balance or anything.

Is there any specific letter you guys got from SBI that I can ask my Branch Manager to provide me?

Thanks a ton
Hi.

We had to get a letter from SBI as well. The bank was not very helpful about this. So we drafted a letter for the bank and asked them to fill in the details and print out on the SBI letterhead.

They gladly did this. (Yea. Its weird)

If it helps you, this is the format that i used. We also got the letter stamped by the bank.

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

Date: XXXXXXXXXXXX

This is to certify that FIRST NAME MIDDLE NAME LAST NAME with PAN _________________ is an account holder of this bank since ____________ (Date). HE/SHE is maintaining a Savings account with this _____________________ bank at ________________ branch. The details of each of his account as of ____________ (Date) are given below.

Account Name Account Number Current Balance (in INR)

XXXXXXX XXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXX ₹

TOTAL = Indian Rupees

The account has had an average balance of ₹ __________________ for the past 6 months.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX does not have any loans with our bank.

For detailed information on each of these accounts, please refer to the Monthly Statements.

Sincerely,

Branch Manager
Branch Address
State Bank of India

Reactions: savitrasapre

savitrasapre

Apr 30, 2019
AOR Received.
03-09-2019
Hi.

We had to get a letter from SBI as well. The bank was not very helpful about this. So we drafted a letter for the bank and asked them to fill in the details and print out on the SBI letterhead.

They gladly did this. (Yea. Its weird)

If it helps you, this is the format that i used. We also got the letter stamped by the bank.

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

Date: XXXXXXXXXXXX

This is to certify that FIRST NAME MIDDLE NAME LAST NAME with PAN _________________ is an account holder of this bank since ____________ (Date). HE/SHE is maintaining a Savings account with this _____________________ bank at ________________ branch. The details of each of his account as of ____________ (Date) are given below.

Account Name Account Number Current Balance (in INR)

XXXXXXX XXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXX ₹

TOTAL = Indian Rupees

The account has had an average balance of ₹ __________________ for the past 6 months.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX does not have any loans with our bank.

For detailed information on each of these accounts, please refer to the Monthly Statements.

Sincerely,

Branch Manager
Branch Address
State Bank of India
Thanks for your reply. I'll ask my branch manager and see if they can provide this.

Gaurav1111

Dec 25, 2020
You need to just take the letter format with you and ask bank manager to verify and print on bank letter head with their signature..
if your bank says they don't provide such letter...just search for another branch and visit there...simple.