+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bank Balance Certificate - No Currency Mentioned

cjs

Nov 13, 2015
My bank balance certificate issued by bank from India has no currency mentioned. and when i asked them for it, they said it is standard format. It can not change. what to do now ?

thenumbiceman

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2015
Doc's Request.
~
AOR Received.
05-09-2015
IELTS Request
~
Med's Request
~
Passport Req..
26-01-2016
which bank is this? i got mine from SBI was fine with Rs. mentioned.

cjs

Nov 13, 2015
HDFC. and they did not even write if it is CREDIT or DEBIT. Just wrote Balance in Figures..

thenumbiceman

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2015
Doc's Request.
~
AOR Received.
05-09-2015
IELTS Request
~
Med's Request
~
Passport Req..
26-01-2016
thats absurd. I got one from ICICI that had INR too. So the other option is take a statement print out say 6 month old and then get it signed by them. Also it could be that its a branch specific problem.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
cjs said:
My bank balance certificate issued by bank from India has no currency mentioned. and when i asked them for it, they said it is standard format. It can not change. what to do now ?
it is always in Rupees it must be mentioned on top

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
cjs said:
Try talking to them (or even to the Bank Manager) and also make them understand that this letter is required for immigration purpose and it needs to be sent to Canada and without the currency the letter is will not serve the purpose. You being the customer of the bank, you have every right to get the letter with the currency mentioned. I cannot understand, how can a bank issue a letter without the currency, they should have at least mentioned Rs if not INR. If you notice, all bank instruments whether it be cheque, DD etc have Rupees or INR or Rs mentioned. If the document is for India it is imperative that the currency is Rs/INR. But when you are sending a document to another country, the case officer does not have the time to fetch the currency based on the country of the applicant.

If you raise this issue with the Branch Manager, you will get a fresh letter issued to you. I used to work for a bank 6 years back, so I am sure, you have every right to get it corrected.

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cjs said:
Even though its obvious, to be in the safe side, Just attach 6 months statement along with the bank certificate.

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TO WHOM SO EVER IT MAY CONCERN

This is to certify that xxxxxxx , resident of xxxxxxxxxxxxx India , is maintaining a account Savings Account No.xxxxxxxx our bank, from 20 Jan 2011

The account balance as of xx Feb 2016:

Indian Rupees 7,50,000 (Seven Hundred Fifty Thousand Only) which is

Equivalent Canadian Dollars 15,200 (Fifteen thousand two hundred only)

as per today’s conversion equivalent @ XX per CAN $.

This certificate is issued at the specific request of the Account Holder for the purpose of processing her Visa for Canada.

The information stated above is in strict confidence without any liability to the bank or any of its officers, who have issued this certificate.

For xxxxxxxxBank

Authorized Signatory