+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bank balance and Statements to be sent with PR application. Please read!

jake21

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Hello,
I needed some clarifications.

I am currently un-employed and I do qualify for the CEC program.

I will be applying for my PR in the month of May 2013.

I was laid off from my job a week back. But I do have 1 year full time experience under NOC 0 and I am currently awaiting my PCC (police clearance certification) to come through.

I wanted to know that since I don't have a job for the moment and I know that one of the PR documentation requirements are bank statements and bank balances.

Will it be a good idea to show a good amount in the bank before sending out the documents so that the officer examining my case will see that I am financially secure and well off even if I have no job for the moment.

If so, then how much money should I be showing in my account in order to look financially secure to the officer.

Please advice with the maximum and the minimum because I feel that I need to start working on putting my finances together in order to make my case stronger.

My work permit (closed work permit) expires in September 2014.

Please advice.

UHNSlave

Dec 15, 2012
There is no such requirement for the Canadian Experience Class. You do not need to provide any proof of funds.

UHNSlave

Dec 15, 2012
You might need to request an extension as a visitor when your WP expires, then you will need to show your bank balance (should be about > $11,000 for a single person but needs confirmation...)

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
Jake. .u again? ??
Firstly my advise to u wud be READ the Cec PR app and the document checklist carefully ....and only then assume all these things ... where and who told u a bank statement was required? ??? Stop assuming things man...folks on here will get confused. . Keep it simple. Got that. Loll

jake21

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Hey Winterfox,
I don't mean to create any sort of confusion for anyone, it is just that I am sure that there are others like me out there who need these questions to be answered and just don't know how to ask.

It is just that I want my case to be very strong once it is in front of the CIO. That's all man.

That's why I needed to clear out my doubts.

Thank you man

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
You don't need to. It is not part of the checklist.

Make sure you do provide everything on the checklist though, and letter of reference is particularly important.

jake21

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Hello Thisisauser,
Thank you so much for your response.

I needed to know something.

I know that all the documents that needs to be sent is to be sent in photocopies and no originals, but do these copies need to be notarized by a Notary Public or not?

Also, do the reference letter from the employer need to be sent in an original copy or a photocopy? and if there are any other documents that need to be sent in original.

ex: PCC - Police clearance certification
CELPIP result (language test result) or anything else?

Please advise.

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
jake21 said:
Hello Thisisauser,
Thank you so much for your response.

I needed to know something.

I know that all the documents that needs to be sent is to be sent in photocopies and no originals, but do these copies need to be notarized by a Notary Public or not?

Also, do the reference letter from the employer need to be sent in an original copy or a photocopy? and if there are any other documents that need to be sent in original.

ex: PCC - Police clearance certification
CELPIP result (language test result) or anything else?

Please advise.
Some documents must be originals, some can be copies. The checklist says which is which. Also if copy needs to be certified then follow the guide instructions with regards to notary, etc:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5609ETOC.asp

shells

Nov 14, 2012
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent Together
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
This is the first time ever that I read that you need bank statements for CEC.. Haha! ;D
It makes me wonder if you downloaded the right forms or checklist or got something else meant for other applications. Be sure to check and read everything carefully.

jake21

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Thank you Shells.

I just want to make my case very strong when it is in front of the CIO - as I am un-employed right now and I am not sure if I can find an employer to provide me with an LMO and I also will be applying for EI in the following week.

I was thinking if i show a good some of money, my case would be stronger.

Please advice.

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
Jakey dude.. ur unemployed lately. ..I have been unemployed since sep last year and getting a job with a new lmo is next to impossible man... there ain't no way that will happen. I've been on Ei since Oct. My aor came in last week, all u need to do is follow the checklist and fill the form correctly. Tell me something? U haven't even read the form yet have u? Haha

jake21

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Winterfox said:
Jakey dude.. ur unemployed lately. ..I have been unemployed since sep last year and getting a job with a new lmo is next to impossible man... there ain't no way that will happen. I've been on Ei since Oct. My aor came in last week, all u need to do is follow the checklist and fill the form correctly. Tell me something? U haven't even read the form yet have u? Haha

Hi Winterfox, :)

I like you, you're funny.

To answer your question, yes, I have read the document requirements, but the motive for me to ask questions of clarifications is to be able to get first hand information from people like myself sharing their experiences with me.

I know, you and me share the same situation and I am happy that we do and very appreciative of the fact that you are sharing this with me.
It's just that, you can say that I am just too worried about everything and want everything to be perfect.
That's all Winterfox.

seton

Jun 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2012
AOR Received.
05-11-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
21-02-2013
Passport Req..
04-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2013
LANDED..........
03-05-2013
jake21 said:

Please advice.
Your financial situation is not a criteria of the CEC class - as such, you'll just be submitting documents that they don't need (thinking rationally, I would be annoyed as a Visa Officer to have to sort through more documents than I actually don't need to).

You don't get extra "points" or make your application "stronger" by submitting financial information, only as it relates to validating your work experience.

This is a pass/fail application process - stick to the script and you will be fine.

shells

Nov 14, 2012
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent Together
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
If you've read all of the forms and instructions, then you won't be asking the questions you did. The answers to most of your questions are all clearly stated in there (especially the one about sending in originals or copies)

There's nothing wrong in being wanting to be perfect, but read the instructions over at least 2-3 times first.

jake21 said:
Hi Winterfox, :)

I like you, you're funny.

To answer your question, yes, I have read the document requirements, but the motive for me to ask questions of clarifications is to be able to get first hand information from people like myself sharing their experiences with me.

I know, you and me share the same situation and I am happy that we do and very appreciative of the fact that you are sharing this with me.
It's just that, you can say that I am just too worried about everything and want everything to be perfect.
That's all Winterfox.

CIC_is_slow

Aug 20, 2012
jake21 said:
Thank you Shells.

I just want to make my case very strong when it is in front of the CIO - as I am un-employed right now and I am not sure if I can find an employer to provide me with an LMO and I also will be applying for EI in the following week.

Please advice.
don't justify yourself Sir, you haven't read the instructions and it is obvious that's it!
follow the check list and you should be fine: IMM5610E