+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

bank balance after visa apply

prash_17

Feb 26, 2013
Always show more than the required amount , just to be certain. Also Im sure a Fixed deposit for that amount would be viewed as better security than recently transferred funds so just place a deposit two months in advance before applying.

sanjeet_rock

Mar 14, 2013
Hi Sabby,

My finances are a bit screwed up and can't take more than 400k as loan.I have applied for an educational loan and hopefully it will be approved.

Real time scenario - I have some savings and few of my friends in US will be funding me for the 1st 6 months.Also there is TA,part time and co-op options which will be help me sail through.

Now coming back to the VISA thing
1)I have already accepted their offer by paying a 250$ deposit.I won't be able to pay fees from here without registering for courses.I checked their site and they won't accept credit cards for fees.They only accept online banking or in person for paying the tuition fees.Now I will be able to register 2 months before the course starts i.e around July 1st week.

Will this admission deposit slip work as proof or I somehow have to pay the tuition fees from India.

2)The 700k I am borrowing - I will be returning 400k as this is just for showing purposes.I guess I will be carrying 300k for the 1st 6 months.

3)Is there any other way around without paying 10k$ through GIC ? As prash has mentioned...can I make a FD of the 700k and show it as proof funds?

Thanks man

sanjeet_rock

Mar 14, 2013
Also I came across this at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how-documents.asp

3. Proof of financial support

You must prove that you can support yourself and the family members who accompany you while you are in Canada. You can prove that you have sufficient funds to support yourself in Canada by showing some of the following:

proof of a Canadian bank account in your name if money has been transferred to Canada;
proof of a student/education loan from a financial institution;
your bank statements for the past four months;
a bank draft in convertible currency;
proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees;
a letter from the person or institution providing you with money; and
proof of funding paid from within Canada if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program.[/list]

aviator_guy

Sep 4, 2014
Brampton, ON
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2014
LANDED..........
13-01-2015
tiger007 said:
Hi,

Problem is... the rule - Minimum 4 month's bank statement required (For citizens of India).

And 4 month's bank statement means that; the minimum desired amount should be maintained and shown in all of the targeted 4 months, not just the last month...

So, if you have to show a 4 lac's INR bank statement for 4 months... BUT deposit 4 lacs INR at the end of the 4th month (June)... then it becomes, just a 1 month bank statement of 4 lacs INR.

Hope you got the point.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.
I have a problem here

I need to show CAD$55000(rs.30 Lakh) for my visa. Nobody will save that kind of money in bank for 4 months. however, i deposited CAD$33000 (rs.20Lakh) in the same bank 5 months ago, and made it a fixed deposit at the same bank, so they took it from the balance and made it an FD. I have to apply for student permit visa this month (October, 2014), by online. And i put rest of the money CAD$22000 (rs.10lakh) in the same bank balance in October itself. and transferred the CAD$33000(rs.20Lakh) from FD to balance to make it CAD$55000.

tell me if id get rejected.

gurjit deol

Oct 29, 2014
Hello...members.
Pls tell me...do i need to show any income or balance under spp to give college fees for1.5 yr execpting 1 semester fees.
Embassy will not claim that hw i'll pay my rest of fees..is it true?
i am going to take 2 yr course in centennial college in mechanical manufacturing technology-industrial(fast track) advance diploma.
Any body can tell me...can i take this course after graduation?
Plss guys help me out.
Really confused

Shan_1911

Jun 30, 2017
Hello
I'm applying for September intake for carleton university , I was able to get the money ready only a few weeks before. I paid up the tuition fees and gic and I have got around 6.5 L in FD and Recurring Deposit for almost 2 years . Other than that I have got around 13 L in my savings account only for the past 1 week. Both my parents are filing an IT returns of around 4 L each.. but the savings account for all three of us don't have a healthy sum for the past 6 months. so will this affect my via a?? Please advise what can be done

Stroutart

Oct 11, 2017
as long as it's not a loan, you can withdraw your funds (however, nobody, nobody can tell u for sure if they call to check the balance in your account). It's just in the case of loans (which aren't disbursed) they call and check (now this is for sure). So to be on safer side, if you don't need to withdraw the funds, dont... other wise do so... it shouldn't make any difference.

Cheers!
Is this true because I need to withdraw my money
So will there be any problem
Pls help me