+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bangladeshi Student Applying for Fall 2014 - Discuss Queries Here

SRahman_94

Jun 11, 2014
Hello again! :)

Here's my profile and visa time line for every one's reference.
I did my O levels and A levels from two different private schools here in Dhaka. In Shaa Allah I'll be heading to Sherbrooke, Quebec, to Bishop's University to study Finance and Economics.

-I submitted my Study Permit Application on the 27th of May
-My application reached Singapore on the 2nd of June
-I got my medical call on the 20th of June
-I completed my Medical on the 25th of June
-I submitted my passport to VFS on the 9th of July (they sent an email to me, requesting me to send my passport exactly 2 weeks after my medical)
-My passport and additional documents reached Singapore on the 14th of July.
-I received the email confirmation that my study permit has been approved on the 8th of August.

When I get my passport in my hand, then I will update this information. And as for the "Prospective Students Group", I am already a member, and it has been a source of great information and help for me throughout my whole application process. I would highly recommend that group to everyone! :)

If any one has any questions for me, then please feel free to ask away!

Narayan987

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2014
IELTS Request
Overall 7.0
Med's Request
29-07-2014
Med's Done....
03-08-2014
Passport Req..
03-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2014
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
Any updates ??

SRahman_94

Jun 11, 2014
Allhamdullillah, got my Passport back from VFS today (Monday, 11th August) with the visa sticker and the letter of introduction. :)

Now I'm going to start packing, so anybody got any suggestions on what stuff to take (other than warm clothes) ?

SRahman_94

Jun 11, 2014
mizan776 said:
Hopefully both of you will get soon. Is it possible to apply online for Visa from Bangladesh? If yes, did anyone have success? Reply if any of you heard of such cases

bhaiya, I met someone at the VFS office today, who said that he applied online for the visa. Therefore I guess it is possible to apply online from Dhaka. He also said that it took much less time to get a decision back (although he didn't apply for a study permit, he applied for some sort of business visa), around 2.5 weeks

mizan776

Jan 27, 2014
Muscat, Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
Med's Request
Exempted
Med's Done....
Exempted
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
21-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-08-2014
SRahman_94 said:
bhaiya, I met someone at the VFS office today, who said that he applied online for the visa. Therefore I guess it is possible to apply online from Dhaka. He also said that it took much less time to get a decision back (although he didn't apply for a study permit, he applied for some sort of business visa), around 2.5 weeks
Visit visa takes less time though. Wanted to know if any success of study permit.

omi.islam

Jun 11, 2014
When did ur passport dispatched Mr srahman as my one dispatched on 11th of august but still vfs didnt txt me anything to collect my pp. I got my study permit approval email on 9th august at 7.30 am. Worried

Narayan987

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2014
IELTS Request
Overall 7.0
Med's Request
29-07-2014
Med's Done....
03-08-2014
Passport Req..
03-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2014
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
Got my approval email :)
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/got-approval-email-today-t235435.0.html

mizan776

Jan 27, 2014
Muscat, Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
Med's Request
Exempted
Med's Done....
Exempted
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
21-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-08-2014
Narayan987 said:
Got my approval email :)
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/got-approval-email-today-t235435.0.html
Congrats bro. Really happy for you. You know getting visa with college admit is quiet rare from bangladeshi citizen. And you made it through. :)... I recommend you join the PBSCU group on FB and update the visa timeline and hall of frame there. It will help the future people applying and also change the perspective of other people

khanrudro

Aug 9, 2014
Anyone have any idea about how to reach Windsor. As I was surfing through different airlines websites , they dont have any flights to windsor ??

Jewel1

Jun 5, 2014
mizan776 said:
Your background is really good. Should have high chances to get in. But I think so that Writing of 5.5 in IELTS might be a bit concern. Am not sure though
Hi Mizan, hope you are well. As I am planning to apply for Canada could you please help me out with the study plan you have submitted. I heard that a strong study plan helps to get the visa. If you would like to help me with this case please send me your study plan on my email,

My email is - hasan18488@yahoo.co.uk

Regards,

Jewel1

Jun 5, 2014
Re: Bangladeshi Student Applying for Fall 2014 - Discuss Queries He

Narayan987 said:
Nafis what are you waiting for? Go and submit your passport along with medical report ASAP
Hi Narayan, hope u r well. I m planning to apply in canda. Could u please give me ur study plan u hav submitted with ur visa application, it'll really help me a lot to get some idea how I can prepare my study plan for visa application.

My email id is - hasan18488@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks

Jewel1

Jun 5, 2014
SRahman_94 said:
Hello again! :)

Here's my profile and visa time line for every one's reference.
I did my O levels and A levels from two different private schools here in Dhaka. In Shaa Allah I'll be heading to Sherbrooke, Quebec, to Bishop's University to study Finance and Economics.

-I submitted my Study Permit Application on the 27th of May
-My application reached Singapore on the 2nd of June
-I got my medical call on the 20th of June
-I completed my Medical on the 25th of June
-I submitted my passport to VFS on the 9th of July (they sent an email to me, requesting me to send my passport exactly 2 weeks after my medical)
-My passport and additional documents reached Singapore on the 14th of July.
-I received the email confirmation that my study permit has been approved on the 8th of August.

When I get my passport in my hand, then I will update this information. And as for the "Prospective Students Group", I am already a member, and it has been a source of great information and help for me throughout my whole application process. I would highly recommend that group to everyone! :)

If any one has any questions for me, then please feel free to ask away!
Hi, Rahman hope u r well. Could u please send me ur study plan on my email. I m planning to apply for canda,

My email id is- hasan18488@yahoo.co.uk

mizan776

Jan 27, 2014
Muscat, Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
Med's Request
Exempted
Med's Done....
Exempted
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
21-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-08-2014
khanrudro said:
Anyone have any idea about how to reach Windsor. As I was surfing through different airlines websites , they dont have any flights to windsor ??
Bro. You wont get direct flights to windsor. You will need to take a connecting flight that will reach windsor. Maybe from Toronto to windsor. Or else another option is take the Robert Q bus from toronto pearson intl. airport to Windsor. It will cost around $95.