Exempted
Passport Req..
21-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-08-2014
Hi guys

What's going on? Seems this thread is silent mostly. Wanted to update my status here. Got my visa stamped finally 2 days back ;D . I am Bangladeshi by national but residing in Oman. The following post will contain my visa experience. Hope it helps out any other BD national residing abroad.

mizan776

Jan 27, 2014
Muscat, Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
Med's Request
Exempted
Med's Done....
Exempted
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
21-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-08-2014
Nationality: Bangladesh, Residing: Oman

Application type: Online

Canadian Embassy: Abu Dhabi, UAE

Timeline:-

3rd June, 2014: Application applied online. Immediately received letter of confirmation as well as letter for Biometrics submission.The application status was set to Open.

5th June, 2014: Travelled from Muscat, Oman to VFS in Abu Dhabi, UAE for submitting Biometrics. After submitting, wihtin a day the MyCiC portal gets updated with Biometrics has been received. Note: Oman doesn't have any VFS nor canadian consulate/embassy to carry out visa related issues. All these are handled in nearest VFS in Abu Dhabi,UAE.

21st July, 2014: Got updated message on MyCiC portal for submitting Passport. immediately did that through ARAMEX.

27th July, 2014: Got status update on MyCiC portal stating Application as closed and final decision as this application has been approved.

2nd August 2014: Received the passport through Aramex Courier

Documents Uploaded on MyCiC portal for support of study permit application:

University Offer Letter
Passport copy of all pages where visa stamps have been made.
Financial Supporting docs:
Letter from father stating he is the sponsor
Fixed Deposit amount on the letter of Bank from Bangladesh
Current as well as Savings account statements here in Oman
Letter of Explanation:
Study plan (Statement of purpose)
Letter of employement on company letter head
IELTS
BSc Certificate
MSc Certificate
Police Clearance Certificate of Oman

Note: My medical has been exempted as I have been residing in only Oman in the past 1 year for more than 6 months and it doesn't fall under the designated countries.

Narayan987

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2014
IELTS Request
Overall 7.0
Med's Request
29-07-2014
Med's Done....
03-08-2014
Passport Req..
03-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2014
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
Congrats bro :) which institution will you be attending?

mizan776

Jan 27, 2014
Muscat, Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
Med's Request
Exempted
Med's Done....
Exempted
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
21-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-08-2014
Narayan987 said:
Congrats bro :) which institution will you be attending?
Thnx mate. I am going to Univ of Windsor for MEng in Industrial Engineering. What about you?

Narayan987

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2014
IELTS Request
Overall 7.0
Med's Request
29-07-2014
Med's Done....
03-08-2014
Passport Req..
03-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2014
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
I am going to Seneca College for Graduate Certificate program in Financial services compliance administration(FCA).

mizan776

Jan 27, 2014
Muscat, Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
Med's Request
Exempted
Med's Done....
Exempted
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
21-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-08-2014
Narayan987 said:
I am going to Seneca College for Graduate Certificate program in Financial services compliance administration(FCA).
[/quote

That's awesome mate. Hopefully the visa should come soon. I am reaching toronto on 19th august. Lets meet up there if you make it through. Good Luck :)

SRahman_94

Jun 11, 2014
Hello everyone,

I have applied for study permit from Dhaka, for the fall '14 session. I sent in my application on the 27th of May, and it reached Singapore on the 2nd of June. I got my medical examination request on the 20th of June, followed by an email requesting me to send in my passport exactly two weeks after I complete my medical examination. Due to sickness, I couldn't get my medical done as soon as I got the mail on the 20th of June, and had to wait for 5 days to get well and so I did my medical on the 25th of June. I sent in my passport on the 9th of July (exactly two weeks after medical, as was requested by the embassy), and now I am sort of getting worried because today marks the end of 4 weeks for me after I have sent in my passport. My classes at my university will start on the 3rd of September and I have made travel arrangements to leave for Canada on the 24th of August. When I went to submit my passport, the VFS officer said it usually takes 4 weeks to get it back. Should I be worried ? I'm really stressed out because of this, and I cant seem to enjoy anything at all, because the visa worries is always looming at the back of my head.

Any sort of suggestions/advice/words of wisdom/encouragement/accounts of previous experience from all senior and junior members is absolutely absolutely welcome! Some one please talk to me!

Narayan987

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2014
IELTS Request
Overall 7.0
Med's Request
29-07-2014
Med's Done....
03-08-2014
Passport Req..
03-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2014
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
Which airlines did you book for 24th aug? Did you apply online or paper based? I didn't wait for passport request email. I did my medical on the 3rd and submitted my pp on the same day. My classes starts from 2nd sept. Vfs ppl told me it will take 2-3 weeks. I hope we get our visa soon :)

SRahman_94

Jun 11, 2014
I booked Emirates for the 24th. And I applied through the paper based application through VFS. I sincerely hope that we get our visas soon. Keep me in your prayers, please!

Best Wishes. :)

mizan776

Jan 27, 2014
Muscat, Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
Med's Request
Exempted
Med's Done....
Exempted
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
21-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-08-2014
Hopefully both of you will get soon. Is it possible to apply online for Visa from Bangladesh? If yes, did anyone have success? Reply if any of you heard of such cases

Narayan987

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2014
IELTS Request
Overall 7.0
Med's Request
29-07-2014
Med's Done....
03-08-2014
Passport Req..
03-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2014
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
I wanted to apply online but used the paper based because I wasn't sure how online process works. I joined this beautiful forum after I applied for study permit. Now I can say online works faster and you have quick access to cic account and updates. The Vfs tracking page is of no use. Fingers crossed. Let's see what happens.

SRahman_94

Jun 11, 2014
Hello to all my brothers and sisters in this forum.

Allhamdullillah, I have some good news. Earlier today (around 6:58 AM Dhaka time) I received an email from the Canadian Embassy in Singapore telling me that my application for a study permit has been approved. Therefore, I would like to thank everyone in this forum who has helped me with their invaluable advice, words of encouragement etc etc. A special thank you goes out to every person who has kept me in their Prayers.

Although I am by no means a senior member here, and I am relatively very new here, I would still like to pass on a piece of advice to those still awaiting their decisions. Do not lose hope (i nearly did, a couple of times), and always, always always keep your faith in Allah, at all times. In Shaa Allah, everything will work out. :)

kanai89

Aug 4, 2014
SRahman_94 said:

Allhamdullillah, I have some good news. Earlier today (around 6:58 AM Dhaka time) I received an email from the Canadian Embassy in Singapore telling me that my application for a study permit has been approved. Therefore, I would like to thank everyone in this forum who has helped me with their invaluable advice, words of encouragement etc etc. A special thank you goes out to every person who has kept me in their Prayers.

Although I am by no means a senior member here, and I am relatively very new here, I would still like to pass on a piece of advice to those still awaiting their decisions. Do not lose hope (i nearly did, a couple of times), and always, always always keep your faith in Allah, at all times. In Shaa Allah, everything will work out. :)
Congratulations. Would you please share your profile. And also, when you applied and when you got your medical call etc.

mizan776

Jan 27, 2014
Muscat, Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
Med's Request
Exempted
Med's Done....
Exempted
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
21-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-08-2014
SRahman_94 said:

Congrats. That's a big news :). If you need more specific help from Bangladeshi community, please join the group "Prospective Bangladeshi Students in Canadian Universities" on Facebook. It can be of more help to you. Good Luck :)

Narayan987

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2014
IELTS Request
Overall 7.0
Med's Request
29-07-2014
Med's Done....
03-08-2014
Passport Req..
03-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2014
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
SRahman_94 said:

Congrats :) it took 4 weeks to get your reply. I booked a ticket for 26th August. Let's see what happens. I hope to get a reply before that.