Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
shibuya said:
Canadian immigration, proof of funds requirements

As part of the permanent resident application process you will need to prove to the Canadian government that you have enough monitory funds to support yourself and any accompanying family members when you arrive in Canada. This is because the government will not provide any financial support for new immigrants and therefore they need to be sure that you arrive with enough money to establish yourself in Canada.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) set guidelines as to the required funds they consider you need as a minimum in order to establish yourself in Canada. The amount required depends on the size of your family. These amounts can vary from time to time, so you should check these figures at the point you need to use them.

At the time of your application you must show that you have at least the required amount in order for your application to be processed. The money has to belong to you and cannot be borrowed from another person. The money must be readily available in transferable currency for settlement in Canada.
Obviously you can take any amount above the required funds with you to Canada. There is no upper limit, although there are restrictions on how much cash you can physically take with you at the time of landing.

You may be wondering what type of funds you can use and what type of proof is required. Well, there are several things to consider:

Savings: If you have savings which match or exceed the required amount then you can simply supply a copy of your bank statement showing the funds in your account. You should be able to show the funds in your account for a minimum of three months and if the funds have recently been transferred you will need to show where they came from.

You will also need to show that you are not just sending a statement just after being paid and that all the funds will disappear from the account the following week. If your money is split between several accounts, you will need to provide details of each up to the amount required.

Shares, Bonds etc: This type of investment is not acceptable for CIC purposes as these are volatile accounts and you could still loose your money. If you want to use this type of funding, you will need to cash-in the money from the shares etc and deposit them in a suitable bank account and send the statements as above.

Possessions: Again this is not acceptable by CIC. you will need to liquidate the assets and deposit the money in a suitable account. This also applies to vehicles.

Real Estate: Money in property is probably the most widely used proof of funds. Many people plan to sell property owned in their home country before landing in Canada and will use the equity to establish themselves.

This is totally acceptable by CIC and they appreciate that you may not have actually sold the property at the point you are required to supply this information and make allowances for this.

You will be allowed to supply a mortgage statement from your lender stating how much money is owed on the property. You should then get your property valued by three independent companies. These can be real estate agents, property valuation companies, your mortgage lender etc. Make sure you get the valuation on letter headed paper and signed.

If you send both the mortgage details and the valuations the CIC can see how much equity you have available.

N.B. You do not have to show that you have these funds if you have arranged employment in Canada
Download personal net worth statement:
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/assets/pdfs/P167_Personal_Net_Worth_Statement.pdf

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Dr. Hasib

We better be practical and not try turning emotion into a self made rule.
intuition is ours, rules are CIC's.
unless there is a specific rule about this, as there is none till now, husband's money can't be shown as PoF.
yah, imu.

canadal0ve

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 January 2011
AOR Received.
PER 1 April 2011 and AOR 26 April 2011
File Transfer...
18 April 2011
Med's Request
8 January 2013 via email
Med's Done....
12 January 2013
Passport Req..
19-04-2013 rcvd on 30-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
jnathan said:
Dr. Hasib

unless there is a specific rule about this, as there is none till now, husband's money can't be shown as PoF.
yah, imu.
Dear Jnathan and Dr. Hasib ,

I do not which is wrong or right , i just want to share one thing with you In Application for Permanent Residence –Skilled Worker– Visa Office Specific Instructions Singapore page A4, number 11 , mentions:

SETTLEMENT FUNDS
Refer to the "Proof of Funds" section of our website for exact figures and instructions.
Provide proof of unencumbered and readily transferable funds in a convertible currency available for settlement in Canada (for you and your family members):
•current bank certification letter; or
•evidence of savings balance; or
•fixed or time deposit statements.

In CIC website they mention : You must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your dependants after you arrive in Canada. You cannot borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to support the costs of living for your family. But it never tale anything about it cannot be your husband money .
But anyway its really an interesting deabte , this will really help us to solve our problem .

Reagards
Canadal0ve

Tasneem

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2011
Med's Request
15-05-2013
Thanks all for your valuable information and comments.

Now I need a simple solution.

Firstly, my husband is going to be the principal applicant.

We have regular cash inflows & outflows in our individual savings accounts but inflows & outflows are almost equal. We get salary, spend all the money by the end of month, again salary gets in, again we start spending, and goes on.

We are going to borrow 9 lacs from our parents and 5 lacs from close relatives which we want to show. After showing, we can still keep the 9 lacs in our accounts but have to give back the 5 lacs. However we can borrow the 5 lacs again if required to show to the VO again, or can try to keep that 5 lacs also for few months if that is required.

We don't have any problem to keep the whole amount in my husband's account or break it up and keep in 2 accounts of 2 of us. we want to know which is more convincing to the VO.

Again, if we keep the money on my husband's account, is it better to split it in several account (e.g- 7 lacs in FDR, 7 lacs in savings A/c) or to keep all in one savings A/c?

What document we will send them? Bank solvency certificate, or account statement. If we send account statement of 3/6 months, then it will be clear that suddenly a big amount is entering the account. But if we enter the money now in A/c and keep it there, then if VO want the bank statement after may be 3 months from now (I am not sure about the timing), we can show them that we had the amount for last 3 months.

Tasneem

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
jnathan said:
Dr. Hasib

yah, imu.
if you think, NDVO's email was self generated, then i have nothing to say.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Tasneem,

We all already have replied to your queries, please take time to go through them once again. you'll get your answers.

Hasib,

Non unanimous anything is self rejective. Still people gamble. and its popular.

imu

Jan 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadal0ve said:
Dear Jnathan and Dr. Hasib ,

I do not which is wrong or right , i just want to share one thing with you In Application for Permanent Residence –Skilled Worker– Visa Office Specific Instructions Singapore page A4, number 11 , mentions: SETTLEMENT FUNDSRefer to the "Proof of Funds" section of our website for exact figures and instructions.Provide proof of unencumbered and readily transferable funds in a convertible currency available for settlement in Canada (for you and your family members):
•current bank certification letter; or
•evidence of savings balance; or
•fixed or time deposit statements.

In CIC website they mention : You must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your dependants after you arrive in Canada. You cannot borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to support the costs of living for your family. But it never tale anything about it cannot be your husband money . But anyway its really an interesting deabte , this will really help us to solve our problem .

Reagards
Canadal0ve
dear canadalove
thanks for your presentation .it doesn't matter whether it is husband or wife to the principal applicant . think , who is the principal applicant and whose are the dependents. obviously, the principal applicant has the core responsibility to show the proof of fund and the amount of money is his/her name or in a joint account.

hope it clarifies
imu

Tasneem

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2011
Med's Request
15-05-2013
I have several questions regarding filling up the forms.

Schedule 1:

Point 4
Question 1.
I am filling up the form in computer and then printing it. After that I will write my name in Bangla with black pen. Am I right?

Point 6
Question 2.
What does ‘your status in that country’ mean? Is it my occupation or something else?

Point 10

Question 3.
Secondary/high school= 5 years & university/college=7 years
or Secondary/high school= 7 years & university/college=5 years?

Question 4. Under ‘Give full details of all the secondary and post secondary education’:
Mentioning about SSC, what will be the duration? Will it be calculated from class 1, class 6 or class 9?

Question 5. I sat for SSC exam on March but result published on July. Which month will be shown?

Schedule 3:

Point 11

Question 6.
There are 10 main duties mentioned in my ‘Reference Letter/JD’, will I use separate sheet of paper to include all, or mention 5 of them as there are 5 lines of space.

Question 7. I have previous work experience in a NOC which is not within the 29 NOC list. Will I mention it or not?

Application for Permanent Residence in Canada:

Question 8.
There are spaces reserved for photos. How will I attach the photos?

Question 9. Point 13: ‘Social Worker’ or the exact designation in workplace?

Question 10. Point 20: No idea.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Tasneem

Lots of basic questions from you.

Read the visa office specific guide. work out ! come on ! help yourself 1st, we'll assist you then if you get stuck. read that guide, it will clarify all your concerns.

Tasneem

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2011
Med's Request
15-05-2013
jnathan said:
Tasneem

Lots of basic questions from you.

Read the visa office specific guide. work out ! come on ! help yourself 1st, we'll assist you then if you get stuck. read that guide, it will clarify all your concerns.
Thanks for your reply.

I read the visa office specific guide. Still I have the confusions with the points I have mentioned. It would be very helpful to me, if I get the answers from some experienced person.

Tasneem

mute_man

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 January 2011
Nomination.....
23 June 2011
AOR Received.
20 July 2011
Med's Request
05 March 2014
Med's Done....
15 March 2014
Passport Req..
05 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
16 April 2014
LANDED..........
12 July 2014
Tasneem said:

Schedule 1:

Point 4
Question 1.
I am filling up the form in computer and then printing it. After that I will write my name in Bangla with black pen. Am I right? - YES

Point 6
Question 2.
What does ‘your status in that country' mean? Is it my occupation or something else? - I THINK YES
MY APPLICATION IS IN HOME SO I'M NOT SURE :-\ TELL U LATER!

Question 10. Point 20: No idea. WHAT'S UR NOC? TRY GOOGLE FOR BETTER LOCATION FOR UR CORRESPONDING NOC RELATED JOB

Tasneem

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2011
Med's Request
15-05-2013
Dear mute_man,

Thank you for the clarifications.

Will appreciate to get the other answars as well from whomever it is.

I have stuck at the mentioned points while filling up the forms.

Thanks

Tasneem

mmh93

Apr 17, 2010
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2010
Doc's Request.
21-06-2010
AOR Received.
2nd AOR: 06/08/2010, In process date: 25th April, 2012
Med's Request
6th July, 2012
Hi, if you need so many clarifications it's better for you to get assistance from an agent. Many applications are rejected at CIO during the preliminary assessment because of minor errors in forms.
Thanks
Tasneem said:
Dear mute_man,

Thank you for the clarifications.

Will appreciate to get the other answars as well from whomever it is.

I have stuck at the mentioned points while filling up the forms.

Thanks

Tasneem

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
mmh93

Yea. I'd advice her to do so as you said. a single mistake could mean a rejection and keep her behind thousands of applicants. Time, Money and fate would is Disarray.

casayed

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2011
BANGLADESH
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th March,2011
AOR Received.
No,IP-26th Nov
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED
File Transfer...
4TH JUNE,2011
Med's Request
1st week of December,2012
Med's Done....
1st week of december 2012
Interview........
Decsion made on24th january,2013(NO INTERVIEW)
Passport Req..
along with mr,passport submission on 2nd week of December12
VISA ISSUED...
28th JANUARY,2013
LANDED..........
PLANNING-*in sha ALLAH on 10th june
Tasneem said:

Schedule 1:

Point 4
Question 1.
I am filling up the form in computer and then printing it. After that I will write my name in Bangla with black pen. Am I right?

Point 6
Question 2.
What does ‘your status in that country' mean? Is it my occupation or something else?

Point 10

Question 3.
Secondary/high school= 5 years & university/college=7 years
or Secondary/high school= 7 years & university/college=5 years?

Question 4. Under ‘Give full details of all the secondary and post secondary education':
Mentioning about SSC, what will be the duration? Will it be calculated from class 1, class 6 or class 9?

Question 5. I sat for SSC exam on March but result published on July. Which month will be shown?

Schedule 3:

Point 11

Question 6.
There are 10 main duties mentioned in my ‘Reference Letter/JD', will I use separate sheet of paper to include all, or mention 5 of them as there are 5 lines of space.

Question 7. I have previous work experience in a NOC which is not within the 29 NOC list. Will I mention it or not?

Application for Permanent Residence in Canada:

Question 8.
There are spaces reserved for photos. How will I attach the photos?

Question 9. Point 13: ‘Social Worker' or the exact designation in workplace?

Question 10. Point 20: No idea.
ans to q1. U can write ur name in bangla with pen bellow the printed English name
2.if u r citizen of bangladesh and staying at bangladesh ur sataus is citizen,bt if u r in any other country like japan u r visitor or immigrant u knw that
3.primary school 5 year.secondary school 5 year,higher secondary school or college 2year,universisty /college 4-7 year it depends on ur education level
4.S,S,C means secondary school not primary so start from class 6 to ssc exam,upto class 5 u r in primary school
5.U can show up to ur result,if u do it there will b no gap in between ssc and hsc.try to avoid any gap in time line.see what is the month of result.show ur ssc/hsc upto that time and start next education for exampe ssc result published on march ,so u can show hsc started form april,as there is no beginning time of hsc in the certificate
6. U can use separate sheet.write 5 duties in one box.then use separate sheet and write all the duties again.put ur name,question no,form no above the extra sheet.u can wrtie in the form please check the extra sheet
7.u need not to show ur exp which is not in NOC list bt u can show tht wont coz any harm,they will ignore it
8.no need to attach a photo,jut put photos in an envelope,write dob,color of eye,name on the back of photos and write principal applicant name over the envelope,dob and staple the envelope on the form
9. In the form u have to write social worker with NOC code,u can write ur designation in ur work exp letter